Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 167

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: We can Haz WinPwn 2.5!

  1. #121
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Read thru the postings but this issue or answer is probably noted under the release of winpwn right after the 3G phones were available. Here is my issue

    I just upgraded to the 3G iphone and just successfully pwned using winpwn 2.5
    however i have no service... When setting up winpwn i used, in the first instance, not to activate and then redid the IPSW package using activation but in both cases neither seemed to activate the phone.. Do i need to use Neuter?

    Also, to note, in both case i choose, in itunes, to restore from my last backup which is from the 2G phone.. Did this cause a problem?

    Thanks for the help
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

    I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

  2. #122
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dmighty View Post
    Read thru the postings but this issue or answer is probably noted under the release of winpwn right after the 3G phones were available. Here is my issue

    I just upgraded to the 3G iphone and just successfully pwned using winpwn 2.5
    however i have no service... When setting up winpwn i used, in the first instance, not to activate and then redid the IPSW package using activation but in both cases neither seemed to activate the phone.. Do i need to use Neuter?

    Also, to note, in both case i choose, in itunes, to restore from my last backup which is from the 2G phone.. Did this cause a problem?

    Thanks for the help
    Start all over again and choose not to activate. Make your custom FW, restore to it in iTunes in DFU.
    If you don't get service turn the iPhone off and on again. Make sure though iTunes is activating your iPhone.

    Don't use neuter that's for 2g only so far and is used in Bootneuter which has no use for iphone 3g.
    Restoring from back up doesn't cause any problems, sometimes it will make the mail.app crash for some people
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 08-31-2008 at 12:19 PM.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  3. #123
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Start all over again and choose not to activate. Make your custom FW, restore to it in iTunes in DFU.
    If you don't get service turn the iPhone off and on again. Make sure though iTunes is activating your iPhone.

    Don't use neuter that's for 2g only so far and is used in Bootneuter which has no use for iphone 3g.
    Restoring from back up doesn't cause any problems, sometimes it will make the mail.app crash for some people
    ok so i redid the package with no activation , dfu mode, etc...
    still no server.. restarted the phone, no go

    Im a at&t customer who just upgrade to the 3G. This is the first time i am attempting to PWN the 3G phone and all seems well except it isnt active.

    What gives?
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

    I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

  4. #124
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dmighty View Post
    ok so i redid the package with no activation , dfu mode, etc...
    still no server.. restarted the phone, no go

    Im a at&t customer who just upgrade to the 3G. This is the first time i am attempting to PWN the 3G phone and all seems well except it isnt active.

    What gives?
    Hmm dunno then, It is still in beta.
    Try using the Quickpwn part of winpwn seeing as you only need to jailbreak. Restore your iPhone and officially activate it so it has original Apple 2.0.2 running on it and then use quickpwn.
    Btw if you don't get signal after restoring and activating, then I think something must be wrong with your iphone. If you have signal, use quickpwn to jb.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 08-31-2008 at 02:24 PM.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  5. #125
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    No default boot logos option for quickpwn in winpwn 2.5.
    So, I used poorlads second release off quickpwngui, does that mean my iPhone's been pwned and "will allow custom firmware and other cool tweaks"?
    Thanks

    Yes. But if you are going to use "custom firmware" you are better off building one from scratch using WP 2.5 and making sure "expert mode" is selected. Then build your firmware file and follow the steps according to your phone's specs. (1st Gen., 3G)



    Originally Posted by dmighty
    ok so i redid the package with no activation , dfu mode, etc...
    still no server.. restarted the phone, no go

    Im a at&t customer who just upgrade to the 3G. This is the first time i am attempting to PWN the 3G phone and all seems well except it isnt active.

    What gives?
    Dont you still have to activate it in iTunes? All you are doing is JB not unlocking so I would assume because you have a legit carrier you just activate it in itunes.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-31-2008 at 03:21 PM.

  6. #126
    I just Pwned my iPhone. No problems whatsoever. I did the basic editor, not expert. Didn't have to change the partition size or whatever around. Great Job Dev!

  7. #127
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Works Great this app really works. Sorry for all those that are having problems but first time to run 2.5 and all apps work just fine.

  8. #128
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Hmm dunno then, It is still in beta.
    Try using the Quickpwn part of winpwn seeing as you only need to jailbreak. Restore your iPhone and officially activate it so it has original Apple 2.0.2 running on it and then use quickpwn.
    Btw if you don't get signal after restoring and activating, then I think something must be wrong with your iphone. If you have signal, use quickpwn to jb.
    I was doing the package with activation and YouTUBE activation
    redid the package with niether and it worked just fine

    So for all AT&T customer with 3G you dont need to to activate or do the youtoube activation..
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

    I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

  9. #129
    After I go through the whole process and it says the settings have been restored and will restart. I see the big apple with the pwnage logo but after my iphone restarts itunes does not recognize it and i only have the option of restoring to one of the itunes backup.

  10. #130
    iv just pwnd my 2g iphone with no problloms props to the dev team on that! but i seem to have a probllom with ween i try to restore my back up it gos through the process just fine but insted of going to where i can sync my iphone to put music on it. it gos back to the set up iphone again but it backed every thing up all my numbers apps from the appstore ext. i cant get to the screen where i sync all my music and videos any ideals would be help thanks

  11. #131
    there's now a update to beta 2. when i used beta 1 it kept crashing so now in the update it finally works.

  12. #132
    What's Jailbreak? intel inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hey guys i need some help, and ill need answers
    i have a ipod 8 gb (i downloaded the latest firmware from itunes and installed it )
    1- ill need a some one to redirect me(direct download would be great ) to ipod latest firmware ( ive tried looking for it on the firmware secion end not posted)
    if this happens i can finally pwn my ipod
    thanks in advanced.

  13. #133
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    Well just so people no its not working on 64bit o.s. Its a great program great design! yes i uninstalled the old version i evan uninstalled quickpwn! i tried everything to get it to work! run as admin, run in win xp sp2, uninstalled. whats happening is, in every mode as soon as you get done (or right at the end) building the custom firmware the program shuts down! if you look for the custom firmware i can not find it anywhere, and if you do a search it will find a shortcut in your recents folder but when you click on it windows says it cant find it! but deff a great look! hey its beta!
    i had no prob with any of them n i have 64-bit Vista Ultimate

  14. #134
    hi, i went over all the process until it does say i can install the custom .ipsw through itunes. But when i got there and shift-reset the .ipsw it says: unknown error(6) and it does restart the phone. Im using a first 16GB phone and i want to unlock it. FW is 2.02

    Thanks.

  15. #135
    winpwn has an update, clich the top pineapple, and then click check for updates, the newest version is 2.5.0.2

  16. #136
    If I upgrade to 2.0.2 and then use QuickPwn will I have to reinstall all of my jailbroken apps or will they still be there?

  17. #137
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Problem with setting up my iPhone with iTunes
    I have custom restored my pwned 2G iPhohe from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 successfully, and selected to restore a backup from iTunes. After the backup is complete, it keeps asking to restore or set it up as a new iPhone. What could I do? Please help.
    Be good... Thanks.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibalhector View Post
    After I go through the whole process and it says the settings have been restored and will restart. I see the big apple with the pwnage logo but after my iphone restarts itunes does not recognize it and i only have the option of restoring to one of the itunes backup.
    I have the same problem. Im running firmware 2.0.2 with Vista and the latest itunes. I used winpwn to quickpwn my iphone and it worked. I got cydia installed but itunes does not detect my phone. I get an error "itunes could not connect to the iphone***because an invalid response was received from the device" I restored my iphone and tried it over. I did the process twice and the same thing happened both times.

    I havent used quickpwn but If you upgrade the firmware all of your jailbroken apps will be deleted. Your official apps should still be there though.
    Last edited by stunner316; 09-01-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #139
    how can people be so rude as to critisize the hard work of others when they are not paying for it, nor are they using common sense to figure out what exactly they have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to sailorjdr For This Useful Post:

    dad.teoh (10-10-2008)

  21. #140
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vidaldk View Post
    I have custom restored my pwned 2G iPhohe from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 successfully, and selected to restore a backup from iTunes. After the backup is complete, it keeps asking to restore or set it up as a new iPhone. What could I do? Please help.

    Set up as a new phone, and just make sure it syncs with your contacts folder.. You will lose settings and app store and 3rd party apps, but your contacts will port back over. Next time you go to pwn a phone read about using Open SSH and store your files accordingly.

    Using backup restore is too unstable, and can be very "buggy" Again to save a lengthy post research using Open SSH and storing files for future updates
    Last edited by Muggz5; 09-01-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •