Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We can Haz WinPwn 2.5!

I'm still waiting for 2.1 and perhaps after I'll do it because now it's too confusing with all the bugs... Why is my phone freezing...cuz it's jailbroken or cuz it has bugs from apple...well you get the point

how about a megaupload link ... or a normal web link :S ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

@Bilutza @Mugz5

Do a bit of home work on the subject. Then you might not sound like a pair of plum who don't know much shot anything.

Rip Dev want it all there own way, what with disabling Winterboard with a Kate update. Releasing installer in such a terible state, beta or not and releasing updates every few weeks lol. A bit of a read for you both:

iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)

And

Packaging Issues with AppTapp - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Might give you a bit an insight as to what Rip Dev are about.

P.S. Used Winpwn to create custom FW2.0,2 changed partition size to 1gig added Cydia but not Installer, put iPhone in DFU and restored with iTunes first time. Nice work /cmw keep up the excellant work.

hey guys after install winpwn 2.5 and jail breaking my iphone 3g my mail app does work correctly any more it will open up look for mail and then crash , anyone know how to fix ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    @Bilutza @Mugz5

Do a bit of home work on the subject. Then you might not sound like a pair of plum who don't know much shot anything.

Rip Dev want it all there own way, what with disabling Winterboard with a Kate update. Releasing installer in such a terible state, beta or not and releasing updates every few weeks lol. A bit of a read for you both:

iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)

And

Packaging Issues with AppTapp - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Might give you a bit an insight as to what Rip Dev are about.

P.S. Used Winpwn to create custom FW2.0,2 changed partition size to 1gig added Cydia but not Installer, put iPhone in DFU and restored with iTunes first time. Nice work /cmw keep up the excellant work.
    Get over yourself, neither one us said anything negative about Cydia, on the contrary I prefer it. But this notion that you in some way should take sides, and point fingers at RipDev like you know any better, is silly and it appears par for the course. What exactly are you trying to prove here? I tell you what, when you come up with a 3rd party downloader and start developing successful apps and tweaks I think you can say all you want, till then youre just a fanboy looking for a Bandwagon to jump on to make yourself feel better. Your attitude and comments do not belong in this community, find a taxi.......

Quote Originally Posted by prettyboyal View Post
    hey guys after install winpwn 2.5 and jail breaking my iphone 3g my mail app does work correctly any more it will open up look for mail and then crash , anyone know how to fix ?
    Cydia > search > BossPrefs >

once installed click the "more" tab and click "fix user dir permissions"
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-30-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

prettyboyal (08-30-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah , it's great, good job dev team the best guys!

Default web link
    Quote Originally Posted by sethulhu View Post
    how about a megaupload link ... or a normal web link :S ...
    I can't speak for how well the speed will hold up, but here's a link on my website:
    WinPwn 2.5-Beta 1 (08/29/08) IPhone jailbreaker/unlocker | Zignut

just my little thanks for the app, being stuck on windows.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to furrymitn For This Useful Post:

Atef2k (08-30-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Get over yourself, neither one us said anything negative about Cydia, on the contrary I prefer it. But this notion that you in some way should take sides, and point fingers at RipDev like you know any better, is silly and it appears par for the course. What exactly are you trying to prove here? I tell you what, when you come up with a 3rd party downloader and start developing successful apps and tweaks I think you can say all you want, till then youre just a fanboy looking for a Bandwagon to jump on to make yourself feel better. Your attitude and comments do not belong in this community, find a taxi.......

Cydia > search > BossPrefs >

once installed click the "more" tab and click "fix user dir permissions"
    thankz bro its perfect now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To muggs and iphonecrazy anyother who it may concern,
    You both are getting a little heavy handed...
    Iphonecrazy's original reply to cst was apropriate, except for the installer/ripdev bash. (as cst's post was exceedingly ignorant, as well as rashly critical)
    Beyond that, there is no reason for you two to be conflicting.
    Talk to each other in pm's if you would like to argue.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mourgne View Post
    To muggs and iphonecrazy anyother who it may concern,
    You both are getting a little heavy handed...
    Iphonecrazy's original reply to cst was apropriate, except for the installer/ripdev bash. (as cst's post was exceedingly ignorant, as well as rashly critical)
    Beyond that, there is no reason for you two to be conflicting.
    Talk to each other in pm's if you would like to argue.

Fair enough, It just hit a nerve I guess. But the swill that has been posted in here lately you get to a point when enough is enough. Thanks for the reality check.

I followed the instruction and winpwn 2.5 works like a charm!

Can I use the custom *.ipsw to perfectly pwn other iphone? or do I have to create another custom *.ipsw for each different iphone?

Thanks

I've downloaded the 2.0.2 firmware twice, two different places, and it keeps saying "invalid hash"

I uninstalled the old winpwn before installing the new 2.5

please help

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kegedean View Post
    I followed the instruction and winpwn 2.5 works like a charm!

Can I use the custom *.ipsw to perfectly pwn other iphone? or do I have to create another custom *.ipsw for each different iphone?
    Nope matter of fact you should be able to just shift + restore to that custom from now on. This has worked for me on several phones in the past, once yout itunes has been pwned before, no worries.

Note : obviously on the same type of phone, the FW's are model specific

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    I've downloaded the 2.0.2 firmware twice, two different places, and it keeps saying "invalid hash"

I uninstalled the old winpwn before installing the new 2.5

please help
    This may seem obvious but are you using the correct firmware for the device? Im not sure at what point in the process the .net framework 2.0 or greater comes into play, but you might want to check that as well.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-30-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

@Muggz5. Point taken-

;-) ;-) ;-)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@Muggz5. Point taken-

;-) ;-) ;-)
    smooches

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    This may seem obvious but are you using the correct firmware for the device? Im not sure at what point in the process the .net framework 2.0 or greater comes into play, but you might want to check that as well.
    I have the correct firmware. I even downloaded the one from the tutorial
    Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows - ModMyI - Wiki

and yeah, already have framework 2.0 installed

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

csta, Cydia sucks by the way. You obviously havnt got a clue what your talking about. It is far superior than Installer was and will ever be. You need to do a bit of reading up on what you post about as what you've just said makes you sound like a noob and a dumb one at that. Installer and Rip Dev are trash and have no place in the iPhone community.

Sox for going slightly of topic it just anoys me when people spout out crap when they obviously ain't got a clue.

IphoneCrazy
    Installer and RIP dev are not trash, you haven't got a clue either. Installer has been here since day 1, they're both good but I still prefer Installer, I don't like waiting for the spinning circle to stop before I can quit Cydia. Cydia has the better icon though

Btw, how come I have to select custom images when using Quickpwn? Why can't I just say No(thumbs down)?
    It's no big deal as I already have the original Apple boot logos saved

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

[QUOTE=Muggz5;2023211]Nope matter of fact you should be able to just shift + restore to that custom from now on. This has worked for me on several phones in the past, once yout itunes has been pwned before, no worries.

Note : obviously on the same type of phone, the FW's are model specific

So you mean I can only use custom firmware created from 8GB to pwn other 8GB, 16GB for other 16GB, 3G 8GB to pwn 3G 8GB, and so on?

hi, i went over all the process until it does say i can istall the custom .ipsw through itunes. But when i got there and shift-reset the .ipsw it says unknown error(6) and it does restart the phone. Im using a 2g 16GB phone and i want to unlock it. FW is 2.02

Thanks.
    Last edited by cipprianis; 08-30-2008 at 04:16 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast