+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We can Haz WinPwn 2.5!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Muggz5 Delete your custom ipsw. Try rebuilding a custom firmware using expert mode and increase the partition size to 800MB and save it to your pwnage folder
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Delete your custom ipsw.
    Try rebuilding a custom firmware using expert mode and increase the partition size to 800MB and save it to your pwnage folder you have created.
    Error (6) is a connection issue I believe, make sure your ports are clean, and one little movement can stop the process. make sure itunes recognizes your phone.
    Might I also recommend putting your phone into a Hard DFU with the phone connected then start the pwning process. (make sure your sim card is in the phone)

Hard DFU
    (phone plugged in on the home screen) Hold Power + Home for about 8 seconds (1 sec. after screen goes black)
    release power still holding home (about 15 secs.) till you hear "dun nuh" and the computer recognizes the phone
    iTunes should recognize the phone is restore mode (screen on phone is black)

Now open winpwn and begin process......

Above all this if you have a white 16GB 3G iphone why the need to build a custom ipsw? why not use quickpwn just to jailbreak it?

Note: To all who shut down all itunes related processes; its really only neccessary to shut down ituneshelper.exe everything else helps your computer recognize the phone among other things.
    I got it restoring on customed ipsw with root on default 700MB with all the activation features except custom boot logos (Winpwn 2.5 offline?).

Main reason I used Winpwn was the Baseband. I heard Winpwn keeps old baseband while using Quickpwn updates the baseband?

Anyway, thanks for you concern.
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakomo View Post
    I got it restoring on customed ipsw with root on default 700MB with all the activation features except custom boot logos (Winpwn 2.5 offline?).

Main reason I used Winpwn was the Baseband. I heard Winpwn keeps old baseband while using Quickpwn updates the baseband?

Anyway, thanks for you concern.

Thats correct, im glad its working for you now! give a thanks on those posts so other's know this will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is where the app decides it has had enough.

UiK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Worked like a charm

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothiPhone View Post

this is where the app decides it has had enough.

Open Winpwn, click the "expert" button. Click yes to increase partition size. Increase partition to 800 MB and you should be good to go!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

jordan19s (08-29-2008), SmoothiPhone (08-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    csta, Cydia sucks by the way. You obviously havnt got a clue what your talking about. It is far superior than Installer was and will ever be. You need to do a bit of reading up on what you post about as what you've just said makes you sound like a noob and a dumb one at that. Installer and Rip Dev are trash and have no place in the iPhone community.

Sox for going slightly of topic it just anoys me when people spout out crap when they obviously ain't got a clue.

IphoneCrazy
    please watch what you say, if you cannot respect ppls choices for all i know everyone has his on right to choose what he likes... in my case i like installer better that cydia, i could never get used to it's structure and it was hell for me until now i'm happy with installer
    please be careful what you say becouse it makes you sound like a "noob and a dumb one at that"

respect rip dev

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy
    csta, Cydia sucks by the way. You obviously havnt got a clue what your talking about. It is far superior than Installer was and will ever be. You need to do a bit of reading up on what you post about as what you've just said makes you sound like a noob and a dumb one at that. Installer and Rip Dev are trash and have no place in the iPhone community.

Sox for going slightly of topic it just anoys me when people spout out crap when they obviously ain't got a clue.

IphoneCrazy

Cydia is fantastic and there are loads more packages (for now) than Installer. I happen to like the way it manages packages and updates (cydia). The facelift to installer is awesome, the potential is there to be a direct rival for cydia. Which is kind of odd to say considering installer was our "first born" there is some nostalgia involved, this I can understand. But to label something as it "sucks" is just ignorant.

What ripdev has done is phenominal I just hope their Installer starts picking the sources back up, the apps begin to be ported to 2.xx, and can be used along with Cydia for various apps, tools etc etc.

What does suck is your attitude and ignorance "Real_iphonecrazy" and your type doesnt belong in such a creative and progressive community. To call ripdev trash is a bit more of a self-projection isnt it? considering the way you present yourself here in this post, i'd say you are the trash.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-29-2008 at 07:33 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee t

flashing baseband as we speak ;]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothiPhone View Post
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee t

flashing baseband as we speak ;]

whooohooooo!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what a huge sigh of relief. winpwn FTW haha much thanks to everyone

Thanks
    Default Nice!!
    very great work... well worth the wait....

iPhone? More like MyPhone huey85's Avatar
    Thanks

Wooooo, got my phone pwned as soon as I woke up this morning. Great new UI and instructions for those who aren't so familiar with pwning.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,546 Times in 1,250 Posts

just finished jailbreaking my 3G with winpwn 2.5. worked like a charm with no problems. took me no more than 20 mins to do this it is so simple. Thanks DevTeam.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine worked awesome too, first try!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for those interested this is what i did.

i upgraded to 2.0.2 with itunes and i used quickpwn to jail break it by using a 2.0.1 ispw

vowe dot net :: iPhone 2.0.2 remains unlocked

read that to check it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    It does not add installer beta when quickpwning. I did it twice on my 3G and it didnt install Installer really sucks anyway, but it's the only way to install Kate. It works great except for that. I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit
    It does put it some times when it wants to =P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this is awsome the best ever the internet logos doesent work yet for the custome logos but the rest is awsome

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    this is awsome the best ever the internet logos doesent work yet for the custome logos but the rest is awsome
    Design your own... I did.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey everyone.... I'm new to Pwnage stuff, as I've always used iLiberty+ up to 1.1.4 firmware. I made the leap to 2.0.2 today, and winpwn 2.5r was my weapon of choice. I had to do a root partition to 700mb to get it to work and build the ipsw, so that will in effect, remove 200-300 mb from my "capacity" for songs, pics, etc,,,,right?

Thanks

And 2a. Yes you use your stock 2.0x IPSW in WinPwn to create the Custom IPSW. Sorry. Vandy, I just thought I'd add something. I must admit that it took about 8 attempts for me to get WinPwn 2.5 to work. Be sure you shut down all iTunes processes as mentioned earlier and do a reboot if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenoecker View Post
    Hey everyone.... I'm new to Pwnage stuff, as I've always used iLiberty+ up to 1.1.4 firmware. I made the leap to 2.0.2 today, and winpwn 2.5r was my weapon of choice. I had to do a root partition to 700mb to get it to work and build the ipsw, so that will in effect, remove 200-300 mb from my "capacity" for songs, pics, etc,,,,right?
    No. you will use that space with your apps, anyway. [EDIT] I think. I have checked and it seems to take space from your song, pics, etc. part. Maybe someone with more info can clarify, but so far my experience is that I have lost that space.

[quote/]
    1. if I WinPwn 2.5 the phone will I lose all of the programs and themes I installed after I jailbroke my 2.0.1 phone?

and

2. do I install 2.0.2 through itunes or do I just use the 2.0.2 stok ipsw file to create my custom ipsw adn just loa that onto my phone.

Just wondering...[/quote]
    My most recent post referred to this ^^above. I'm amazed at the number of posts that have ocurred since I started playing with WinPwn 2.5! Sorry I was a bit behind until I refreshed my browser
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 08-30-2008 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast