+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We can Haz WinPwn 2.5!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just installed it a couple of hours ago. Everything went smoothly. Added both cydia and installer. One thing though I did differently... I didn't install the new custom firmware through
    Thanks

Just installed it a couple of hours ago. Everything went smoothly. Added both cydia and installer.

One thing though I did differently... I didn't install the new custom firmware through winpwn, but through the itunes. Worked clockwork!

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm.....
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 08-29-2008 at 05:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

its not hard to change the partitition size... just click thumbs up and let it at 700meg and it should work

grc
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ahhhh... unlocking wasnt part of my process. ive had the same cingular/att 6 years no prob. i just aim to jb my phone, since the 2.0.2 unjb'd it and quickpwn didnt let me enlarge root size nor give me the option to custom boot/restore screens. my root size usage seems to be 755-810 (according to bossprefs) with everything i had on it previously so i needed it at at least 800.
    i used it as
    -custom on,
    -expert mode
    -with wipe to have a fresh start minus any previous bugs/gliches caused by me ssh'ing( also some 3rd party apps like to cling and hide, i noticed this when i ssh'd and found alot of apps i erased still had folders, and the icons for apps like call were stuck on my springboard useless)
    -800mb root partition
    end result... cydia is there, beside the normal iphone setup everything is gone... after restoring from a previous back up. oh well ill just re sync everything and get all my other stuff back from cydia
    btw yes it asks if u want installer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to grc For This Useful Post:

jayman5446 (08-29-2008)

Thanks

1. Yes. You will have to reinstall all jailbroken apps, and you cannot back them up through iTunes.

2. Once you create the custom firmware file, you install it through iTunes.
    You add the custom firmware by holding the Shift key, clicking on Restore, choosing the custom firmware file, and clicking on Open. iTunes will then restore with the custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by katie_kat View Post
    I was wondering two things.

1. if I WinPwn 2.5 the phone will I lose all of the programs and themes I installed after I jailbroke my 2.0.1 phone?

and

2. do I install 2.0.2 through itunes or do I just use the 2.0.2 stok ipsw file to create my custom ipsw adn just loa that onto my phone.

Just wondering...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vandy1997 For This Useful Post:

jayman5446 (08-29-2008), katie_kat (08-29-2008)

grc
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ahhhh... unlocking wasnt part of my process. ive had the same cingular/att 6 years no prob. i just aim to jb my phone, since the 2.0.2 unjb'd it and quickpwn didnt let me enlarge root size nor give me the option to custom boot/restore screens. my root size usage seems to be 755-810 (according to bossprefs) with everything i had on it previously so i needed it at at least 800.
    i used it as
    -custom on,
    -expert mode
    -with wipe to have a fresh start minus any previous bugs/gliches caused by me ssh'ing( also some 3rd party apps like to cling and hide, i noticed this when i ssh'd and found alot of apps i erased still had folders, and the icons for apps like call were stuck on my springboard useless)
    -800mb root partition
    end result... cydia is there, beside the normal iphone setup everything is gone... after restoring from a previous back up. oh well ill just re sync everything and get all my other stuff back from cydia
    btw yes it asks if u want installer

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

It does not add installer beta when quickpwning. I did it twice on my 3G and it didnt install Installer really sucks anyway, but it's the only way to install Kate. It works great except for that. I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

works great, thank you to everyone that worked on it..........

Make sure to do a SHIFT RESTORE and browse for the custom IPSW at your "My Documents" folder
    Last edited by dbrosco; 08-29-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 64 bit vista home premium and I had no major problems, only had setup.exe problem that it just took forever to load, note all vista users should run winpwn as admin...so right click either the setup.exe or the actual program if have it installed, right click and choose run as administrator

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok guys I had some issues at first till i realized the phone I was doing this on (a friends) had his connection port a bit worn out. (so error 6 and error 9 are connection issues)

Next. If you wish to save your file to a different location and want to change the partition size make sure you have "expert mode" on. I saved the file to pwnage folder I created on my desktop

Also when i tried to build the first ipsw custom it crashed 75% into it, which I know was probably caused by leaving the partition size at 500. I changed it to 900 (overkill it appears, but it works fine)

Next when it got to the stages of pwning itunes (it asks if your phone is connected, turned off etc etc) I didnt get good results from using their "soft DFU" method so Instead i put the phone into hard DFU (hold power and home 7 secs. release power still holding home for about 15 seconds until the computer recognizes the phone (dun nuh)
    Then I clicked thumbs up on winpwn saying it was off, and it proceeded to pwn itunes and said ready to pwn.....

Opened itunes and shift + restored to custom 2.0.2
    It took a better part of 10 minutes "preparing software for restore"
    The whole process took longer than before (about 25 minutes)
    But its running perfect!!!!
    Hope this helps

Vista 32 Bit
    iphone 8GB 1st Gen.

Xp Pro SP3
    iphone 8Gb 1st Gen.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-29-2008 at 06:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry i was an idiot now i now how to do it all good!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    csta, Cydia sucks by the way. You obviously havnt got a clue what your talking about. You need to do a bit of reading up on what you post about as what you've just said makes you sound like a noob and a dumb one at that'

Sox for going slightly of topic it just anoys me when people spout out crap when they obviously ain't got a clue.

IphoneCrazy
    I'm sure you meant "you're" and not "your." You see, "you're" means "you are" while "your" is possessive, as in "This is your book."

It annoys me when people like you spout out crap because you are uneducated.
    Last edited by Rescuer; 08-29-2008 at 06:07 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

ArsenicIce (09-01-2008), xxirish83x (08-30-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yes as stated above if winpwn crashes when building IPSW then in expert mode change your partition size to 700. apparently it will work then... will try when i get home. should have brought a laptop to work, DOH!

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

After I putted my custom boot logo can I change it??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r1994augusto View Post
    After I putted my custom boot logo can I change it??

By building a new custom ipsw....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I tried winpwn 2.5, after it builds the ipsw where can I found it? My phone says ready to restore custom IPSW? Where the rebuilded ipsw went? I can't find it? HELP!??
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakomo View Post
    I tried winpwn 2.5, after it builds the ipsw where can I found it? My phone says ready to restore custom IPSW? Where the rebuilded ipsw went? I can't find it? HELP!??
    "My Documents"

I take it you missed the 4 posts above that stated where this file goes, or how to change its location by using expert mode? Might serve you better to read through previous posts when you have questions... It can save you some headaches and time.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

r1994augusto (08-29-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Heads Up man, appreciate that!

Aw this crap, Winpwn still crapping on my White 16gb. My sis 8gb 3G never had this problem.

I have error6 here. Any thoughts?

Aw this crap, Winpwn still crapping on my White 16gb. My sis 8gb 3G never had this problem.

Last edited by dakomo; 08-29-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the help...ill try to run as admin and also close any processes that i think might be related to itunes/apple first....

ill post after...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakomo View Post
    Thanks for the Heads Up man, appreciate that!

Delete your custom ipsw.
    Try rebuilding a custom firmware using expert mode and increase the partition size to 800MB and save it to your pwnage folder you have created.
    Error (6) is a connection issue I believe, make sure your ports are clean, and one little movement can stop the process. make sure itunes recognizes your phone.
    Might I also recommend putting your phone into a Hard DFU with the phone connected then start the pwning process. (make sure your sim card is in the phone)

Hard DFU
    (phone plugged in on the home screen) Hold Power + Home for about 8 seconds (1 sec. after screen goes black)
    release power still holding home (about 15 secs.) till you hear "dun nuh" and the computer recognizes the phone
    iTunes should recognize the phone is restore mode (screen on phone is black)

Now open winpwn and begin process......

Above all this if you have a white 16GB 3G iphone why the need to build a custom ipsw? why not use quickpwn just to jailbreak it?

Note: To all who shut down all itunes related processes; its really only neccessary to shut down ituneshelper.exe everything else helps your computer recognize the phone among other things.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-29-2008 at 06:52 PM.