Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore a la Google - Android Market is Official

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

is it multi touch?

That's what the G1 should be looking like, I think.

Default Winpwn 2.5 beta released
    They release the first beta on 2.5

I see alot of people are thinking that GOOGLE will make a phone....but they wount they are releasing OS, not their phone with their OS.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Well Im still waiting for an unlock for 3G to make the jump. Ive been reading about this new line of phones for a while. There are some advantages to them (look above a few posts someone listed the features), you will see in the upcoming months but overall I dont think these phones just have the same feel as Apple's and to go backwards to a blackberry (glorified as it is) at this point, would be disappointing. You cant replace the touch screen and maneuverability of apple's line. I like the thought of having a captive carrier tied to a phone (support mainly), so until TMo can somehow get the ability to sell the iphone i guess ill be JB & UL and chasing my tail ( & MMi) for life.

Here's the HTC Dream . It looks pretty sleek and Im sure the GPS is probably better than apple's but still I have to slide it, and tap number/letter keys. It looks outdated even though its not even mass circulated yet... Da*n these iPhones we're spoiled rotten.
    I don't think that is the dream, the on in the video seems to be the proper one. I really hope it's that one because it looks pretty sleek.
    Samsung i900 is going to kick a$s, I got an iPhone but I'm waiting for the 3rd version of the iPhone, cmon Apple release it with upgraded hardware, over a month is too long in the mobile phone world

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

i want an htc dream

im sick and tired of the iphones crappy crashing 2.0 OS and no c+p.

Thanks

i hope that the dream kicks ***, next time apple will have to look at build quality rather than quantity and stop trying to be so greedy with profit, actually competing with someone.

my 3g iphone sucks, and if i could get out of the contract now and wait for the htc dream, i would.

dam 18 month contract
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Its promising got to admit that.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macboy67 View Post
    Its promising got to admit that.
    Yeah unless its a full touch screen like our "dreamy iphones" it will feel boring. However, the specs that are out there about its capabilities are far greater then the iphone currently. There is some really cool stuff available on it im kind of anxious to try one out on the side. If I like it well enough to keep it, my iphone may turn into a touch, or be sold all together.

I'm really hoping Android turns out to be incredible. Competition is desperately needed in this space. The iPhone is great and I love mine, but ever since 2.0 the quality seems to be going to hell. Certain feature should already be in the phone by default, but it's not. 3G from day 1, tethering, MMS, video recorder, voice dial, etc. The last thing I want is for Apple (or any company) to have a monopoly. My only concern is that because Android is so open, a lot of crappy hardware will be used with it, and will end up tainting the brand.

Wow... Thats really nice. You guys should check out the other videos that are in that link on the first page about andriod. Makes me think I should have waited. I like t-mobile its alot better then at&t. I always had great service connection but I wanted a 3g iphone so I went with at&t. But who knows that dream or what ever its called might not be that good. Only time will tell...

This will open up the "phone" farther than apple could ever take it with their secretive ways and closed o/s. Linux makes a far better embedded device than BSD, atleast in the respect that its been done more and it is embedded in a hell of alot hardware out there.

I love my iphone and will prolly keep it for another year or more. The Android code isnt going to be mature enough for atleast another year. This project was pretty rushed as google got criticism from everyone including the app developers for taking to long. All the fanboys here will call it a failure upon launch but come some mature code and some better phones this thing will take off.

One thing im curious about is if Apple owns some patent on multi-touch (still new to the whole apple phone scene) it could hold things back for future Android models.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

According to Tmonews, the HTC Dream doesn't have a headphone jack, which is a bummer as that may be a dealbreaker for some people but other than that as a valued T-Mobile customer for five years running, I can't wait to get my hands on the Dream, this is the biggest thing to happen to T-Mobile along with the 3G rollout.

um, this whole article is zero to do with the iphone (exept google copying apple) it should be moved to ur guizez "mod my android" site

Iphone is still the best phone out, realy ive used blackbearys, motos, windows, palm phones with touchscreens and only iphone has one that feels natrual not like it being ported from windows or a razor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alek View Post
    um, this whole article is zero to do with the iphone (exept google copying apple) it should be moved to ur guizez "mod my android" site

Iphone is still the best phone out, realy ive used blackbearys, motos, windows, palm phones with touchscreens and only iphone has one that feels natrual not like it being ported from windows or a razor.
    sorry to piss on your fire fanboy, but everyone here is obviously a fan of the iphone, just a bit more open minded than you!

what is more "natrual" (typo by you i think, along with the rest of your post with great grammar), than a completely open share OS.

the iphone is only as natural as apple want it to be. and anyway, from an iphone fanboy perspective, if android absolutely kicked ***, imagine how good the iphone would be in the space of a month or so. i bet video recording, copy paste, mms etc. would be rolled out straight away.

the iphone needs android.

Suck it up, Sucker

I could care less about the phone, but Google's open minded towards the OS and Applications is something I'm keeping my eyes on. Can't wait to see what comes for the Android phones, hopefully loosening the leash on us iPhone users.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The difference between this and the iphone is that this OS will be out on different models of phones (at least to my understanding). The appeal will be that if you want a touchscreen you (probably) can get it. If you want a Blackberry (or at least something like it) you can get it. Being that Android is an OS and not a phone, I am sure it would be in Google's best interest to allow MANY MANY models of phones to run it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I hope this really takes off as I see it only helping iPhone owners in the long run. Competition is good. And as much as I love my iPhone, 2.x has been a rocky road. Though I don't plan to buy a Android phone (at in the near term), I hope to reap the benefits of it coming to market.

No matter how sleek a headset they develop, it will not be as cool and beautiful as our iphone. honestly apple is the primary pioneer in this field. user will be faced with lots of limitation from the new android and its headsets. Iphone, on the other hand, offers way more freedom of use over any headsets. Yes yes i know there are some lacking features in our iphone but the possibilities are endless. so grab you iphone while you can.
    My dream is iphone and iphone is the dream if you think about it .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msb2008 View Post
    No matter how sleek a headset they develop, it will not be as cool and beautiful as our iphone. honestly apple is the primary pioneer in this field. user will be faced with lots of limitation from the new android and its headsets. Iphone, on the other hand, offers way more freedom of use over any headsets. Yes yes i know there are some lacking features in our iphone but the possibilities are endless. so grab you iphone while you can.
    My dream is iphone and iphone is the dream if you think about it .
    i think you are completely wrong. the last thing the iphone offers is freedom. the only way to legitimately get your hands on one is to sign your life away, and even then, you are only supposed to use the device as apple has spoon fed to the consumer, no change of themes, no new sms/email tones, we all know the list goes on. the only reason we can customise and have the freedom of our iphone that we have is thanks to the jailbreak, which, may i add, voids your warranty for a limited time.

i also think the last thing android will be is limited. it will be like an iphone with cydia, but absolutely no limitations. almost, dare i say it, the perfect mobile device? (given it where with the right hardware)

just imagine an iphone running android.......

Suck it up, Sucker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast