Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone2.0 OS X gui + Windows gui = Easy jailbreak unlock and activate iphones

I was really having a fit until I saw your suggestion. It did put my iPhone into restore mode. Previously neither ZiPhone nor iTunes would even recognize it with that bloody Apple logo displayed.

However, it's still back at the Apple logo and though ZiPhone 2.0 OS X GUI (I do have Leopard) told me to wait 45 seconds, it's been several minutes. Anyone have a suggestion? Should I try ZiPhone 1.0?

Quote Originally Posted by skadiwolf View Post
    I was really having a fit until I saw your suggestion. It did put my iPhone into restore mode. Previously neither ZiPhone nor iTunes would even recognize it with that bloody Apple logo displayed.

However, it's still back at the Apple logo and though ZiPhone 2.0 OS X GUI (I do have Leopard) told me to wait 45 seconds, it's been several minutes. Anyone have a suggestion? Should I try ZiPhone 1.0?
    I actually got a solution, THANK YOU to the person who posted this link:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl...eak_113_iPhone

After nothing else worked and I was stuck on the Apple logo with neither ZiPhone nor iTunes recognizing my iPhone, miraculously, this worked!
    Last edited by skadiwolf; 02-14-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just use ziphone in two brand new iphones one 8gb and one 16gb, it worked nice, and i check the final baseband in both of them and it is 4.02.13_G, so I think this unlocking method flashes your baseband back to 4.02.13 even if you have a brand new 16GB.
    Could anyone confirm this also.

okay i need some help,
    i dont understand what im doing wrong, i put the phone into restore mode and go to this new updated program and i click on jailbreak and it does it for a few seconds saying its setting the phone free or something and then its done and nothing happens to my phone,
    what am i doing wrong?

DOES NOT WORK WITH TIGER. Before you start posting read the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by elmond View Post
    In addition to my original question:
    "Thanks deathcab!
    Does that mean if I use Ziphone 2.0 downloaded from www.ziphone.org, I can also check the "unlock" option to let Ziphone 2.0 to unlock my iphone instead of using AnySIM?", I have just downloaded Ziphone 2.0 and in the unlock section, I have the following options:
    - Unlock (Only for 4.6 BL)
    - Change imei (Only for 4.6 BL) [only can select this after you checked "Unlock"
    - Downgrade 4.6 BL to 3.9
    - iErase BL 3.9 baseband

Which option(s) should I check to unlock my phone?
    yup! you can check unlock.. Zibri just hasn't updated the GUI yet.. but the software unlock DOES SUPPORT BL3.9 now!! You will want to uncheck unlock, activate, jailbreak, and whatever the V option is on his software (i don't have it open.. something about repair -- it keeps you from getting the error messages) then just follow my directions on page 8 of this thread and you should have no problems.. 5 minutes later, you will have a fresh, unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone! enjoy it!

It runs fine on my intel duo Macbook, make sure you are on Leopard it doesn't work with tiger.
    Last edited by sailorguido; 02-14-2008 at 03:31 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkwak View Post
    okay i need some help,
    i dont understand what im doing wrong, i put the phone into restore mode and go to this new updated program and i click on jailbreak and it does it for a few seconds saying its setting the phone free or something and then its done and nothing happens to my phone,
    what am i doing wrong?
    I believe this new version puts the phone into restore mode for you. Try and power the phone on normally and run from the home screen. If this doesn't work put your phone back into restore mode manually. *IMPORTANT* - not DFU restore mode... just regular restore mode. You will see an arrow pointing to the iTunes logo on your screen. Then connect your phone to the computer, let itunes come up and recognize the phone, then quit itunes and run ziphone.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 02-14-2008 at 04:36 PM.

noob question.

If I use a PC running XP to unlock my phone, will it be okay on my 10.4OSX intel mac??

I know..I know. I really don't have a clue though.

Please help.

*dodges rotten fruit*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    noob question.

If I use a PC running XP to unlock my phone, will it be okay on my 10.4OSX intel mac??

I know..I know. I really don't have a clue though.

Please help.

*dodges rotten fruit*
    yes.

If I use this Ziphone2.0 OSX to unlock a 1.1.2 OTB iphone, will it automatically downgrade my bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9? Because I read that Ziphone will downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 automatically?

Thanks

MODS:

Ziphone 2.1 is out for mac and PC. The download on Zibri's Blog is nicely packaged with GUI. The Mac version has more options than the current MMi GUI such as downgrading the BL to 3.9 while flashing the 4.03 baseband. Would it be possible to test this since your package does not have all the options available? Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    ok.. here is an update.. i am very impatient so decided to just be the test subject for upgrading... here are my results (since no one else seems to have a definite answer..):

Updating to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 (or lower)

(for this process i was using iTunes v7.6 on a Windows Vista Home Premium PC... I do believe, however, that this method will work on ANY OS/iTunes as long as they support the iPhone AND you can run the GUI version of Ziphone 2.0 on it!)

1) I had 1.0.2 OTB that was upgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroken, and unlocked (anysim)
    2) Update to 1.1.3 via iTunes (just click update -- did NOT use the shift+update method, although that may work too?)
    3) Run Ziphone with -J -A -U -V all selected.
    **Note: on this AFTER the upgrade to 1.1.3 was completed, I then closed iTunes before running Ziphone. Once i began ziphone, selected the 4 options, and ran the program.. it automatically opened iTunes again and said it detected the iPhone in recovery mode and that the iPhone must be restored. I SIMPLY IGNORED THIS BOX UNTIL ZIPHONE 2.0 HAD FINISHED RUNNING (important!) and once it finished, the iPhone rebooted and that box went away! No restore needed.
    4) Ziphone finished running, the iPhone rebooted, and then I just disconnected and was good to go! Wifi works, bluetooth works, youtube works, google maps (with locator) works -- everything is ready to go! (entire process took about 5 minutes... 3.5 to update to 1.1.3, and 1.5 to run Ziphone)

NOTE: YOU WILL NOT LOSE ANY DATA, BUT WILL LOSE ALL PRIOR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED WHILE ON FW 1.1.1. THE ONLY NATIVE APP LEFT WILL BE INSTALLER, SO PROCEED FROM THERE!

hope this helps all those with 1.1.1 out there wondering the easiest way to get to the newest FW!
    Hi deathcab:

Just wanted to confirm your instructions, you say to "update" to 1.1.3, not the shift+update method. Is the shift+update method the "restore" button? I ask because the tutorial located at "http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unlock_Activate_Jailbreak_113_iPhone" says to press restore in iTunes. Thanks.

Thanks

You can upgrade or restore (or shift upgrade / shift restore - whatever)... I have done this both ways and makes no difference.

Question apps don't work on 1.1.3
    Hi, I'm new to this community and jailbreaking (and software in general) so please forgive me if i ask anything that seems ignorant.

My iPhone is an OTB 1.1.2. I upgraded to 1.1.3 (dont ask why) through iTunes.

I then used the ZiPhone 2.0 OSX GUI and jailbroke it. However, all the reall cool apps and themes and stuff don't work - like the pocket guitar, and a lot of really rad Summer Board themes.

I'm of a mind to Restore via iTunes. Will that bring me back to OTB - 1.1.2? I think all the software works on 1.1.2.

I read on iPhonehacks.com that they are using iJailbreak with GUI and Toys like PocketGuitar work. Could I run that on an already jailbroken iPhone or will that just mess things up?

Or, do I just wait until someone comes out with some patch or something to allow Customize, Summerboard, and all the other stuff work on 1.1.3?

Thanks

Cool Thank You
    Thank You

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz739 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this community and jailbreaking (and software in general) so please forgive me if i ask anything that seems ignorant.

My iPhone is an OTB 1.1.2. I upgraded to 1.1.3 (dont ask why) through iTunes.

I then used the ZiPhone 2.0 OSX GUI and jailbroke it. However, all the reall cool apps and themes and stuff don't work - like the pocket guitar, and a lot of really rad Summer Board themes.

I'm of a mind to Restore via iTunes. Will that bring me back to OTB - 1.1.2? I think all the software works on 1.1.2.

I read on iPhonehacks.com that they are using iJailbreak with GUI and Toys like PocketGuitar work. Could I run that on an already jailbroken iPhone or will that just mess things up?

Or, do I just wait until someone comes out with some patch or something to allow Customize, Summerboard, and all the other stuff work on 1.1.3?
    Customize and summerboard do work. After you install summerboard there is a Smb Themes Fix 1.1.3 themes fix in Tweaks 1.1.3. This should allow all your themes to work properly.

If you install the correct version of Customize - 1.21 (custom), 2 - then everything will work as normal.

would anyone recommend restoring my phone back up to 1.1.3 and rejailbreaking it with ziphone? i did the original dev team method which sucked and was a pain in the *** but once i finally got it right sometimes my phone bugs out. so i guess what im asking is, is it worth re-jailbreaking with ziphone?

im on a 1.1.2 OTB Jailbroken on 1.1.3 firmware right now, with a valid AT&T sim

Default Updated
    ZiPhone 2.2 released...

http://www.ziphone.org/

Quote Originally Posted by dstein View Post
    would anyone recommend restoring my phone back up to 1.1.3 and rejailbreaking it with ziphone? i did the original dev team method which sucked and was a pain in the *** but once i finally got it right sometimes my phone bugs out. so i guess what im asking is, is it worth re-jailbreaking with ziphone?

im on a 1.1.2 OTB Jailbroken on 1.1.3 firmware right now, with a valid AT&T sim
    I've done 9 iPhones now. The method I used to ensure a clean start was to restore to the official 1.1.3, then run ZiPhone (ver. 2.1 and 2.2). All have been successful.
    Last edited by Ripperdude; 02-14-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast