+ Reply
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone2.0 OS X gui + Windows gui = Easy jailbreak unlock and activate iphones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ephoneman Look everytime i reflash the baseband the sound goes to a minimum vol and to hear it you have to get you ear together with the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ephoneman View Post
    Look everytime i reflash the baseband the sound goes to a minimum vol and to hear it you have to get you ear together with the iphone speaker. so what i did was i turned off the iphone normaly and turn back on and problem solved. thry this and not a hard reset!!!! see if it works you wount loose anything!!!!
    Yeah but thats not what Im talking about. If you ever have to do a hard reset you will lose sound. So you can NEVER hard reset your phone!

I figured out that it has to do with OPENSSH or BSD Subsystem, because if you jailbreak, then hard reset you still have sound but once you install those programs and hard reset you NO LONGER HAVE SOUND. So it has something to do with them. Maybe someone needs to update them so that they work with this new jailbreak. But this is a major flaw. You need to be able to have openssh, hard reset your phone if needed and still have sound. I hope someone fixes this soon cause currently the only way to get sound back after a hard reset is to restore the whole phone, rejailbreak and reinstall everything.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feverfive View Post
    Just tried the MMi GUI, and Nothing, nada... I checked only the jailbreak box, clicked the "free your iphone" button. In a matter of seconds, the "Done" button appeared, but no installer on my phone...nothing.. I restored to "clean" 1.1.3 via iTunes, kept my phone connected via USB, shut down iTunes & iTunes Helper; then ran the GUI...scratching my head..
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    There Is A Huge Problem With This Method. I Jailbroke Both Mine And My Girlfriends Iphones After Doing A Hard Reset Niether Of Our Phones Have Sound!!

Any Ideas?
    This happened to one of the phone I did tonight. I fixed it by going to settings > general > reset > reset all settings

Your phone will reboot and you should have sound back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default please tell me
    will customise work on the phone 1.1.3
    i tried this method and it worked
    summerboard worked but what about customise
    someone please tell me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This happened to one of the phone I did tonight. I fixed it by going to settings > general > reset > reset all settings

Your phone will reboot and you should have sound back.
    Yeah except when you do that all your settings are reset and you have no edge or service.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Yeah except when you do that all your settings are reset and you have no edge or service.
    Nevermind I figured it out. You must reset all settings, then hard reset AGAIN. And then eveything will be fine and you can hard reset from that point on with no more issues.
    Last edited by sailorguido; 02-13-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why cant we get something easy like this for windows frick frick frick i need to buy a mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an OTB 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 iphone using AnySIM and a powerbook G4 running Leopard. If I want to upgrade my iphone to 1.1.3 using Ziphone 2.0, are the following steps correct?
    1. sync iphone with itunes (as backup)
    2. upgrade iphone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 using iTunes
    3. run Ziphone to jailbreak and activate the 1.1.3 iphone
    4. run AnySIM to unlock the 1.1.3 iphone

Many thanks.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elmond View Post
    I have an OTB 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 iphone using AnySIM and a powerbook G4 running Leopard. If I want to upgrade my iphone to 1.1.3 using Ziphone 2.0, are the following steps correct?

Many thanks.
    yeah

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For Those Of Us Running Os X 10.4....

I Was Messing Around With The Jailbreak When It First Can Out Yesterday Before The Gui's Came Out. I Went To Iclarified.com And Followed The Tutorial They Had Posted. When I Did This I Had To Run It Manualy Through Terminal And It Ran All The Way Through But I Could Not Get Installer To Show Up After The Phone Rebooted. All I Was Trying To Run Was Ziphone -j. I Spent Several Hours Talking To Ert3 Fron Mac Rumors On Aim Lastnight And He Advised Me That It May Only Work If I Run Ziphone A- -j -u. So I Then Follwed The Tutorial From Iclarified.com To The T And I Was Jailbroke On 1.1.3 When It Was All Said And Done. Everything Seemed To Work Excep A Couple Apps From Installer And Youtube Or Mail Wouldnt Work. Then This Morning I Restored To 1.1.3 And Tried To Rejail Break And Then I Got The Same Error That Everyone Else On 10.4 Is Getting. After Some Thinking , Trying To Figure Out What Made It Work And Now Not Work This Is What I Came Up With. When I Origanly When To Iclarified.com And Followed The Tutorial It Had Extra Steps , I Dont Remember Them Word For Word But I Do Know That It Had Me Backup Mobiledevice.framworks From Termanal, Then I Had To Load Mobiledevice.frameworks Taht Was In The Ziphone File . Then When I Was Done With The Jailbreak I Had To Go Back And Restore The Original Mobiledevice.framworks , All Through Terminal. Iclarified.com Has Since Chaned The Tutorial And These Steps Are Gone. That Is The Onlything That I Did Different So It Has To Have Something To Do With It Bc I For Sure Was Jailbroke On 1.1.3 Using Mac Book Pro Intel 10.4.11. I Dont Know What To Do But For The Ppl Who Are Smart Enough To Fix This , This May Be Of Some Help As A Starting Point.

ALSOON A SIDE NOT WHEN I MESSED WITH THE MOBILEDEVICE.FRAMEWORK ITUNES WOULD NOT RECONIZE MY I PHONE WHEN I DOCKED IT. TO FIX THIS I HAD TO DELETE THE MOBILEDEVICE.FRAMWORK IN SYSTEMS/LIBRARY/PRIVATEFRAMEWORKS/MOBILEDEVICE.FRAMEWORK . I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS FILE DOES BUT HOPEFULLY IT HELPS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Alot of people have been wondering..if they restore a jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 will it brick the iPhone?

Many thanks.
    yes and no. that method WILL work, but it is not the easiest route... the easiest route is to update your phone in iTunes (to 1.1.3) and then use Zibri's app (NOT the one found on this site -- www.ziphone.org) and download Ziphone 2.0 from there. Then, plug in your iPhone.. let itunes recognize it, and then CLOSE iTunes, and open the Ziphone app. Check -A -J -A and -V boxes, and click for it to start and it will handle it!!

notice... it says on the app that you cannot use unlock with any BL besides 4.6.. but this is not acurate. Zibri has just yet to update the GUI for the app -- as long as you make sure you are downloading 2.0 it will all go smoothly!!

here is a link to my previous post about this EXACT set up (except on a PC) where i updated 1.0.2 to 1.1.1, then updated to 1.1.3 and unlocked.. hope it helps you out!! http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=115

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    yes and no. that method WILL work, but it is not the easiest route... the easiest route is to update your phone in iTunes (to 1.1.3) and then use Zibri's app (NOT the one found on this site -- www.ziphone.org) and download Ziphone 2.0 from there. Then, plug in your iPhone.. let itunes recognize it, and then CLOSE iTunes, and open the Ziphone app. Check -A -J -A and -V boxes, and click for it to start and it will handle it!!

notice... it says on the app that you cannot use unlock with any BL besides 4.6.. but this is not acurate. Zibri has just yet to update the GUI for the app -- as long as you make sure you are downloading 2.0 it will all go smoothly!!

here is a link to my previous post about this EXACT set up (except on a PC) where i updated 1.0.2 to 1.1.1, then updated to 1.1.3 and unlocked.. hope it helps you out!! http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=115
    Thanks deathcab!
    Does that mean if I use Ziphone 2.0 downloaded from www.ziphone.org, I can also check the "unlock" option to let Ziphone 2.0 to unlock my iphone instead of using AnySIM?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

When there is coming support for Tiger 10.4.11?
    No Leopard just yet here!

Thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanx for sharing its work easy and perfect...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks deathcab!
    Does that mean if I use Ziphone 2.0 downloaded from www.ziphone.org, I can also check the "unlock" option to let Ziphone 2.0 to unlock my iphone instead of using AnySIM?
    In addition to my original question:
    "Thanks deathcab!
    Does that mean if I use Ziphone 2.0 downloaded from www.ziphone.org, I can also check the "unlock" option to let Ziphone 2.0 to unlock my iphone instead of using AnySIM?", I have just downloaded Ziphone 2.0 and in the unlock section, I have the following options:
    - Unlock (Only for 4.6 BL)
    - Change imei (Only for 4.6 BL) [only can select this after you checked "Unlock"
    - Downgrade 4.6 BL to 3.9
    - iErase BL 3.9 baseband

Which option(s) should I check to unlock my phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default what does this jailbreak provide that others don't?
    Cash answered one of the first posters who asked if there was an advantage to rejailbreaking with this method by saying yes, it is a new jailbreak.

well, i'm on nate's jailbreak with everything working fine, i know there was some talk of sdk apps not working on this jailbreak, but apple will pump a new firmware out soon to fix the drop call issues so many of us are having and to patch our evil deeds so that sdk point is null and void.

so what are the advantages this zibri's has, if any, over other jailbreaks?

also what's the difference between the mmi gui and the osx gui on zibri's site?
    Last edited by ajustcircle; 02-14-2008 at 03:05 AM. Reason: 'cause it's 4 in the morning and i can't spell cash's name right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello Folks
    This is brilliant

Just want to double check something
    I downloaded the Ziphone GUI from here
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=2141

But if I check the about tab it shows Ziphone 1.1? is that the GUI version i.e. not the Ziphone version? or have I downloaded the wrong file?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default BaseBand 4.02.13_G
    Hello everyone,

I have a 1.1.2 OTB (48 week) iphone and a downgrade to 1.1.1 jailreak - oktprep 1.1.2 dev team soft 1.1.3 and unlocked by Geohot. At this point my baseband was 4.02.13_G. Today a restor my Iphone using itunes so I can have the most updated firmware and baseband. I used Ziphone with my Imac running Leopard, and everything was perfecet, I now have a 1.1.3 Jailbreaked and unlocked. My only question is about the baseband, since I made a full restore by Itunes (it downloaded the 160 Mb file and then restore my iphone) shouldn't I have the new 4.03.13_G baseband, instead of 4.02.13_G? - when I go into setting - about I see 4.02.13_G, is this correct?

Thanks anyone

Thanks
    does notwork on MAC WITH INTEL CORE 2 DUO

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lyndonl View Post
    Hello Folks
    This is brilliant

Just want to double check something
    I downloaded the Ziphone GUI from here
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=2141

But if I check the about tab it shows Ziphone 1.1? is that the GUI version i.e. not the Ziphone version? or have I downloaded the wrong file?

Don't worry about the version number in the read me or anywhere else. If you read his blog you'll see everyone asking the same question after version 1.0. He just didn't take the time to update the version number tags everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nasty801 View Post
    does notwork on MAC WITH INTEL CORE 2 DUO
    I have a Macbook Air running 10.5.2, INtel 1.6 Core 2 Duo. This program works no problem.

When you say "does not work" this provides no information for help or diagnosis. Please elaborate so we can figure out what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a 1.1.2 OTB (48 week) iphone and a downgrade to 1.1.1 jailreak - oktprep 1.1.2 dev team soft 1.1.3 and unlocked by Geohot. At this point my baseband was 4.02.13_G. Today a restor my Iphone using itunes so I can have the most updated firmware and baseband. I used Ziphone with my Imac running Leopard, and everything was perfecet, I now have a 1.1.3 Jailbreaked and unlocked. My only question is about the baseband, since I made a full restore by Itunes (it downloaded the 160 Mb file and then restore my iphone) shouldn't I have the new 4.03.13_G baseband, instead of 4.02.13_G? - when I go into setting - about I see 4.02.13_G, is this correct?

Thanks anyone
    By default I believe this flashed your baseband down to 4.02. This GUI doesn't have the option to downgrade the bootloader and flash 4.03. I know the new 2.0 version has this capability so I'm not sure why Francis did not write this into the GUI... maybe one of the MODS can shine some light on this... ?
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 02-14-2008 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

targus (02-14-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

+ Reply
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast