+ Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone2.0 OS X gui + Windows gui = Easy jailbreak unlock and activate iphones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by feverfive I just want to make sure I'm clear on using this GUI version: I start w/ my jailbroken 1.1.3 (1.1.2 OTB); I RESTORE via iTunes to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feverfive View Post
    I just want to make sure I'm clear on using this GUI version: I start w/ my jailbroken 1.1.3 (1.1.2 OTB); I RESTORE via iTunes to "clean" 1.1.3; shut down iTunes, start ZiPhone.app; check "jailbreak" only (as I am an ATT customer & already activated); then click the jailbreak button. It's really that simple? Color me skeptical...

Can anyone verify that everything works: i.e., YouTube, Maps locate, WebClips, eyc.?

YES its really that simple, I just did it 30min ago, restore to 1.1.3 quit itunes and the helper and go for it.

Some things I did when i was jailbroken on 1.1.2, i uninstalled all my programs, as some people were saying when they upgraded the programs weren't available to download or uninstall.

Also when i connected to itunes after the restore but before jailbrake, i set it up as a new phone as to not restore it with anything bad from my last backup

As far as i can tell everything is working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    answer me pls!!!!!!!!
    Yes, holy crap, calm down. You need to restore your iPhone so Yes it will.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Can anyone help me with the below error when typing in the command section seeing as im told the easy way on the pc isnt working...

I have never used the " Run " section on my pc before but i tried.

When i do i get an error saying-ziphone is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Green Apple
    Thanks

did you follow the steps carefully

you type in cd c
    than cd ziphone
    than ziphone -j -v if you're jailbreaking

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm an ATT customer - I had a 1.1.1 phone, upgraded via iTunes to 1.1.3
    On ZiPhone, I checked jailbreak and activate and am up and running.
    Everything seems to work fine. ZiPhone puts an installer ap on the phone so you can get your apps back on, right away.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Thanks
    Thanks for replying to me again. I know it may be frustrating for you guys when someone like me who isnt 100% with a pc comes on..Again Thanks...

Here is where im at just now-
    CZiphone>

What do i do now....

Green Apple
    Thanks

dood. No. Not if you sync your phone first!!! SMS, contacts everything will re-sync back to your phone the next time you successfully sync.
    Everyday is a New Day...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1967 View Post
    Thanks for replying to me again. I know it may be frustrating for you guys when someone like me who isnt 100% with a pc comes on..Again Thanks...

Here is where im at just now-
    C:Ziphone>

What do i do now....
    is the ziphone folder in your c drive/

if so, now type in;
    ziphone -j -v for jailbreak
    ziphone -u -v for unlock [might be 4.6 only, not sure]
    ziphone -a -v for activate

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poktrokt29 View Post
    YES its really that simple, I just did it 30min ago, restore to 1.1.3 quit itunes and the helper and go for it.

Some things I did when i was jailbroken on 1.1.2, i uninstalled all my programs, as some people were saying when they upgraded the programs weren't available to download or uninstall.

Also when i connected to itunes after the restore but before jailbrake, i set it up as a new phone as to not restore it with anything bad from my last backup

As far as i can tell everything is working
    Just tried the MMi GUI, and Nothing, nada... I checked only the jailbreak box, clicked the "free your iphone" button. In a matter of seconds, the "Done" button appeared, but no installer on my phone...nothing.. I restored to "clean" 1.1.3 via iTunes, kept my phone connected via USB, shut down iTunes & iTunes Helper; then ran the GUI...scratching my head..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Closer
    Im getting closer with this one. It has successfully did the jailbreak and now waiting for the unlock to work....Says wait 2.30...will be longer as my pc is very slow...

Many thanks for the help..

Is this corect- my phone is showing the white Apple logo and i have the following-

loading Zibri.dat.
    Searching for Iphone...
    Entering Recovery mode
    Could not enable SSL
    Working...
    Please wait 2 30.

If not what should i do..Should i disconnect the phone to get the apple logo away and start again
    Last edited by markyboy1967; 02-13-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am surprised its not avail for Tiger but can understand it was probably developed on Leopard. Guess I will get rid of my 1.1.3 soft upgrade and go back to 1.1.2 on my Day 1 phone for now. At least I tried going back and fro and am comfortable enough to do it. The guides sure do help though!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do I need to put my phone into DFU mode or something before running ZiPhone.app?? I've tried running it w/ my phone simply connected via USB, & it does nothing....I click the button, a progress meter flashes up on my screen for maybe a second, then the "done" button appears, but my phone isn't jailbroken--no Installer, no anything...

BTW, I'm doing this on my Intel Macbook Pro running Leopard 10.5.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does this work with the iPod Touch?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does the "repair" button mean the firmware resets and my iPhone returns to normal? I don't want any malfunctions when the SDK releases. Thanks!

Can the repair button reset the firmware so my iphone returns to normal?
    Last edited by jake_overtake; 02-13-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does anyone know how close they are to fixing this for tiger???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just want to make sure I'm clear on using this GUI version: I start w/ my jailbroken 1.1.3 (1.1.2 OTB); I RESTORE via iTunes to "clean" 1.1.3; shut down iTunes, start ZiPhone.app; check "jailbreak" only (as I am an ATT customer & already activated); then click the jailbreak button. It's really that simple? Color me skeptical...

Can anyone verify that everything works: i.e., YouTube, Maps locate, WebClips, eyc.?
    Just tried the MMi GUI, and Nothing, nada... I checked only the jailbreak box, clicked the "free your iphone" button. In a matter of seconds, the "Done" button appeared, but no installer on my phone...nothing.. I restored to "clean" 1.1.3 via iTunes, kept my phone connected via USB, shut down iTunes & iTunes Helper; then ran the GUI...scratching my head..

are you running leopard or tiger ? I've been reading it doesn't work with tiger

hmm fever...

I don't know whats going on, All went fine for me, i'll keep looking around

hmm fever...

hmm fever...

Last edited by poktrokt29; 02-13-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hmm fever...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

works perfectly, used another mac gui lastnight and it didnt work so well, but this one was installed without a hitch. Thanks MMI!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PEZ,
    yes you will lose your SMS messages, and notes, and anything that doesnt get synced so if there is crucual information anywhere like that, use a program to specifically transfer those files, (there are several) or transcribe the data by hand if possible.

you will also lose any emails, contacts, safari bookmarks, video, or any photos that you have not yet synced to your computer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry if this has been answered but this is new so I'm a little confused.

With Ziphone can I go down to my ATT store, pick up a new 1.1.3 phone and FULLY activate it? -- use as a phone, unlocked with 3rd party apps, etc...

+ Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast