+ Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone2.0 OS X gui + Windows gui = Easy jailbreak unlock and activate iphones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Spank You Very Much!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Spank You Very Much!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ziphone Update
    Did the update yesterday all went well. My problem now is i lost all my music and videos but i was left with 3.2 gig of memory the rest it said is used by other. Need to know if i have to do restore and do it again. Please help. Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have some troubling question. I have a 1.1.3 nate true soft upgraded iphone unlocked with geohotz software solution. If I were to restore to 1.1.3 itunes firmware update, will this unlock and jailbroke solution work on my iphone. I am agraid I software unlocked it too soon and if i were to apply this update to an unlocked iphone running 1.1.3 with 1.1.2 baseband it may cause some trouble. can someone help me out here?

Thanks

i have a jailbroken 1.1.1 can i use ziphone outright or would i have to upgrade to 1.1.3 first and then jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Okay I just purchased a new iphone on apple this morning and its being shipped to me! I am going to use this to unlock it. I also purchased a t-mobile phone (free), so i could get the service. When I get that, using this program, do i unlock the phone with the sim card in it or not?? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For the people who are having trouble with this release: if the program runs and you just get the screen to connect to iTunes you can try to open iNdependence and just let it load. When it registers your Ziphone will normaly work... It worked for me! PM me if it works for anybody else...
    Last edited by electroz; 02-18-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First of all, tanks to Geotz and Zibri for this incredible teamwork, you are the best!!!

I have 1.1.2 OOTB jailbreaked, unlocked an activated with my local provider and a ***sim card I bought just a week before the SW solution was found (sucker of me...). Every thing, and I mean EVERY THING in my IPhone works great at this time. Never tried to do the upgrade to 1.1.3 because I’m afraid of the weird results others had.

My questions: If I toss away the ***sim card and run zibri’s 2.0 application, what boxes should I check in order to have my IPhone the way it is now? I am going to lose my apps and the info I’ve got on the phone now? Do I even need to do this or should I stay as happy as I am now?

Thanks to you all for your comments!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey so all i have to do is connect my new phone and run this?

Do i have to close all itunes applications?
    Do i need to put the phone into a certain mode?

Please give me a response someone as i am buying one tm

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well this work for the Itouch as well or just the Iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iancdp View Post
    Hey so all i have to do is connect my new phone and run this?

Do i have to close all itunes applications?
    Do i need to put the phone into a certain mode?

Please give me a response someone as i am buying one tm
    Just plug in your iPhone, check your boxes and you're done!
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tiger1981 For This Useful Post:

iancdp (02-18-2008)

Thanks

Thanx man really aprecaite it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I downloaded ziphone 2.0 for my iphone on windows and started the program and it now my phone doesn't even turn on past the startup screen of the apple logo. What do I do?!?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So here's my situation ..

I have a jailbroken & unlocked 8GB iPhone with firmware 1.0.2.

If I update the FW to 1.1.3 through iTunes, my phone will obviously be locked.

Supposing I do this, will ziPhone unlock my phone?

* Do I use the MMI version 2.0 or 2.4 from the author's website?

Also, some people have reported that their 1.0.2 phones updated to 1.1.3 have been unlocked by ziPhone, is this true?

Any comments are highly appreciated.

-Sam

Last edited by sammy2066; 02-19-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks

hi! I'm a noob at this. Iam having trouble trying to jailbreak my OTB 1.1.3. So do I first have to restore everything to 1.1.3? Then next open ziphone 2.0 GUI? Then close iTunes and then close it in the task manager? Finally check jailbreak only and start? (I'm an AT&T carrier and I just want to jailbreak) are those the final steps? Please help me out on this!
    Edit: I tried this a week ago and nothing happened no installer you tube and safari not working so I had to restore. Is It because I did not close iTunes? Btw I'm running windows xp and latest iTunes. Please help me out with all the feedback! thank you!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is the version that supports Tiger out yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm really freakin out now as I left it to try and restore overnight but my iPhone still will not move past the restore screen with the white apple logo on it. I tried to jailbreak last night with ziphone and it was unsuccessful as it just froze my iPhone to the white apple logo. I need some help! I don't know what to do in this situation, the phone won't restore as much as I hold the sleep/wake and home button and plugging it in does nothing. Please give me some feedback.
    Last edited by mr_gfunk; 02-19-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

This worked great for me..
    only with one problem i cannot get my email to work.
    the program opens then crashes?
    i cannot get into my mail account.
    then when i goto in the general setting and setup my mail account that way it will not auth. in it always says the the username or password are incorrect.. when i know that they are right.

Thanks
    ok i see.... but do you know when do you or they, will release the tiger version i need it... i restored my ifone(with itunes) and i can't use it any more..... it's block
    loving the mac life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

For those having issues with windows: I had a 1.1.3 already activated with AT&T. Couldnt get Ziphone to work without getting stuck at the apple logo (just hold the power and home button till it goes into restore mode and restore). I did the following which was done in less than 3 mins:
    -put phone in restore mode
    -have itunes restore and update... when complete, dont touch anything or choose anything in itunes
    -start ziphone by double clicking ziphone gui (I had success with 2.2 from the site)
    -check jailbreak and start
    -wait for ziphone to say done

After this was done, I restored my #s through itunes.

This has been explained a million times but hopefully this helps some of you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    ok.. here is an update.. i am very impatient so decided to just be the test subject for upgrading... here are my results (since no one else seems to have a definite answer..):

Updating to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 (or lower)

(for this process i was using iTunes v7.6 on a Windows Vista Home Premium PC... I do believe, however, that this method will work on ANY OS/iTunes as long as they support the iPhone AND you can run the GUI version of Ziphone 2.0 on it!)

1) I had 1.0.2 OTB that was upgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroken, and unlocked (anysim)
    2) Update to 1.1.3 via iTunes (just click update -- did NOT use the shift+update method, although that may work too?)
    3) Run Ziphone with -J -A -U -V all selected.
    **Note: on this AFTER the upgrade to 1.1.3 was completed, I then closed iTunes before running Ziphone. Once i began ziphone, selected the 4 options, and ran the program.. it automatically opened iTunes again and said it detected the iPhone in recovery mode and that the iPhone must be restored. I SIMPLY IGNORED THIS BOX UNTIL ZIPHONE 2.0 HAD FINISHED RUNNING (important!) and once it finished, the iPhone rebooted and that box went away! No restore needed.
    4) Ziphone finished running, the iPhone rebooted, and then I just disconnected and was good to go! Wifi works, bluetooth works, youtube works, google maps (with locator) works -- everything is ready to go! (entire process took about 5 minutes... 3.5 to update to 1.1.3, and 1.5 to run Ziphone)

NOTE: YOU WILL NOT LOSE ANY DATA, BUT WILL LOSE ALL PRIOR APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED WHILE ON FW 1.1.1. THE ONLY NATIVE APP LEFT WILL BE INSTALLER, SO PROCEED FROM THERE!

hope this helps all those with 1.1.1 out there wondering the easiest way to get to the newest FW!
    DAMN! MAN THNX A LOT!!! IT WORK FOR ME THANKS FROM VENEZUELAAAAAA MY IPHONE IS NOW WORKINGG