+ Reply
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone2.0 OS X gui + Windows gui = Easy jailbreak unlock and activate iphones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Love this site, but this is my first post, so please bear with me... First, big thanks to all those devoted folks out there who spend so much of their
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Jailbreak 1.1.3 OTB? I'm sooo confused, HELP!!
    Love this site, but this is my first post, so please bear with me...
    First, big thanks to all those devoted folks out there who spend so much of their time to help us all free our phones - without you, we would be stuck for sure...

So here's the deal:
    I have a 1.1.3 OTB 8GB iPhone / using OS 10.4.11 (Tiger) on a 1.25GHz PowerBook G4 w/ 1GB RAM / iTunes 7.6 / moderate computer knowledge, but not good in Terminal

I am looking to free my phone so that I can run fun things like Installer and have my modded ringtones, backgrounds and system sounds back (I had a fab 1.0.2 modded phone until it died recently and I had to replace it). I HAVE AN AT&T CONTRACT AND DO NOT WANT TO USE THE PHONE WITH ANOTHER CARRIER! I want what I used to enjoy on my phone, but I would love to be able to take advantage of all the cool things that have been included in updates since the 1.0.2 version. So, I have been reading for days about all the recently released applets to free your phone and make this happen (ZiPhone seems to be the most trouble free now) and have checked out videos on YouTube, but I am left with so many questions, like...

1. Can you now jailbreak a OTB 1.1.3 on a Mac without downgrading to 1.1.1 and then upgrading again? Is that the ZiPhone 2.2 app?

2. The ZiPhone 2.2 download seems to be made for Windows, as it contains several .exe files - can I use it on a Mac with the specs listed above, and is there a GUI interface to make doing this on a Mac easier (I looked but couldn't find one)?

3. Don't understand about this"bootloader" thing, and how to tell which version you have - what does it do, and what version are you supposed to have when all is said and done?

4. If you are successful in jailbreaking the phone to allow the use of lots of fun modding applets, can you still take advantage of the features that version 1.1.3 offers (multiple page home screens and icon shortcuts on the home screen, for instance)?

I probably have other questions, but really I would love some kind of step-by-step something (tutorial or video) to get me through this...And any enlightenment on my questions above would be awesome.........

Thanks to you all for reading such a long post, and I impatiently await your guidance!!
    --eastwing97

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No service
    I'm in canada using a Rogers Sim.

1.1.2 iPhone previously jailed, activated, and unlocked to 1.1.2.
    I restored to 1.1.3, used the Gui ZiPhone with Jailbreak and Unlock checked.

Everything went as planned, but now I have no phone service. It doesn't reject the sim, it's just not seeing the cell network.

Any thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Holy cow

This is the easiest thing I have ever done.
    even getting my old Nokia 9300i to sync via bluetooth to my Mac was harder.

ok went from 1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked via anysim 1.1.2u (OTB 1.0.2)
    opened iTunes
    update to 1.1.3
    phone rebooted
    itunes says sim not recocnised or somthing similar
    opened Ziphone GUI for Mac for the Ziphone blog
    selected unlock jailbreak and activate
    clicked start
    it was a whole 3 minutes
    and i am in a 1.1.3 iphone with all working
    youtube movies music, calls sms's Thanks to all of you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default stuck on apple logo
    i had the same problen i tryed the newest virsion 2.2 while its running do a hard boot 2 or more untill u see the conect to itunes it worked for me joe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i made a mistake of not reading through the thread before using the program on windows.
    now my phone is frozen at the apple logo. i can't turn off my phone or anything. holding the off button doesn't turn it off. any help?

ok nevermind, its working.
    Last edited by suki105; 02-15-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi! If I have 1.1.3 bl3.9 I can -a-j but I can't -u (unlock)?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry if this is obvious but a friend of mine wants a new iPhone, will this unlock and jailbreak it? even the new 16 Gb ones? I don't know what version bootloader they are..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Ziphone
    SIMPLY FANTASTIC!!!
    Very good job!
    My iPhone 1.0.2 (activated, jailbroken, locked), then updated with iTunes 1.1.3. So, emergency screen. Then Ziphone (less than a minute). Then Anysim 1.3 to unlock. And that's it!
    Many, many thanks to the authors.
    Nicolas (from France)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is my virgin post..

Thank you Zibri..

My iPhone came originally OTB 1.1.2. Have been using it jailbreaked, activated and using Chinese Sim. Until this solution came..

First I upgraded from iTunes my old 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, then I used the Zibri solution to unlock, jailbreak and activated. Everything went well and now I am using the my iPhone with only my mobile operator Sim Card.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runniondvain View Post
    I'm in canada using a Rogers Sim.

1.1.2 iPhone previously jailed, activated, and unlocked to 1.1.2.
    I restored to 1.1.3, used the Gui ZiPhone with Jailbreak and Unlock checked.

Everything went as planned, but now I have no phone service. It doesn't reject the sim, it's just not seeing the cell network.

Any thoughts?
    Re-run only the unlock and your service should be restored.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Amazing!!!!

Just updated everything and it works!

I only have one problem though. Since the update and unlock I do not get my phone to recognize my address book. When I receive a call, even if the number is in my address book, it will simply display the number and not the name and picture like before.

Could it be that a tweak like iWorld but for 1.1.3 could be needed?

Thanks guys!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nasty801 View Post
    does notwork on MAC WITH INTEL CORE 2 DUO
    Actually, it DOES work on Intel Core 2 Duo, providing you are running Leopard.
    Just used is to do a 102 u/j/a iphone, after restoring it to 113 in iTunes, and it worked flawlessly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah i have a question. i have done this thing like three times it goes through the whole process but it never jailbreaks why is this. i get a glimpse of what it says while its debugging. and it says on my iphone screen like "No such file, cant stat" stuff like that. whats going on here. and i believe im running the 3.9 bootloader, week 41

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjiphone13 View Post
    Yeah i have a question. i have done this thing like three times it goes through the whole process but it never jailbreaks why is this. i get a glimpse of what it says while its debugging. and it says on my iphone screen like "No such file, cant stat" stuff like that. whats going on here. and i believe im running the 3.9 bootloader, week 41
    Did you do a clean RESTORE to 1.1.3 before running ziphone? Also what options are you checking? You should be doing -j -a -u

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Customize?
    Hi everyone! I had a 1.1.1 phone, upgraded it through iTunes directly to 1.1.3 and ran Ziphone, worked right away!

But... Customize isn't working. Anyone else ran into this? Everything else seems to be working.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled Customize a few times, and it still won't work. I can get in and select the changes, but they don't actually change.

Any ideas what I can do?

Spidy
    Last edited by spdrcrckt; 02-15-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Actually, it DOES work on Intel Core 2 Duo, providing you are running Leopard.
    Just used is to do a 102 u/j/a iphone, after restoring it to 113 in iTunes, and it worked flawlessly.
    I think he meant it DOES NOT work with tiger.

Thanks

Ok so my friend has an iPhone which he updated using iTunes to 1.13... with this I know I can jailbreak it but will he loose any of his songs, movies or contacts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.2 OTB perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Awesome! I did it on a Intel iMac, worked perfectly.
    just completed mine on Mac Mini - fantastic guys, I've had lots of trouble before, successful downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 but then got stuck and no method would get me out.
    This was awesome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default bsd root: md0, major 2, minor 0
    Every time I try ZiPhone (all versions) on my ipod touch I end up with

"bsd root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

I am able to factory restore it, but I miss installer.app Is there a reliable way to get installer.app on an ipod touch that was org. 1.1.2. downgraded to 1.1.1 to install installer.app then upgraded to 1.1.3?

Please help!!!
    Thanks,

Timbo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    answer pls!!!!!!
    dude.... if you sync your contacts, bookmarks etc they are stored on your mac or PC. After you "restore", sync again they are copied back... If you "update" then they are preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
    Ok so my friend has an iPhone which he updated using iTunes to 1.13... with this I know I can jailbreak it but will he loose any of his songs, movies or contacts?
    Does your friend have access to iTunes? If so, sync the phone, upgrade, go to the info tab, select what you want to sync back, select Replace information on this iPhone, then push sync
    Last edited by imode; 02-16-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost