Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New T-Zones Hack

My edge has been down for about a week and i cant figure out how to get it back. i upgraded to the t zones hack 2.0 but i dont know what to do after that. i keep reading about changing a "proxy.pac..." where do you do this on the phone or on the computer? im completely lost and any help will be greatly appreciated THANKXXXX.....im on 2.0.1 by the way.

i have a quick question regarding the t-zone... i'm currently signed up for att, can i still sign up just for the t-zone? or would i need to purchase a phone plan with them also??? sorry i'm kinda new to this thing.. thanks
    super PINOY B!TCH

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

my tzones wasnt working for approx 3 days. after using repwning the phone and some basic trouble shooting i realized that safari was just timing out before the network responded. i ran the ebay program from the appstore and it forced a connection. safari ran fine, facebook, weather....

ive just started checking my ebay every couple hours and i haven't had a problem since. i get approx 115 kbps once i get a connection.

does anybody know how to change the "timeout" setting in safari?

works great for me

Quote Originally Posted by freshster View Post
    Please try my documented procedure for the T-Zones hack.
    It does not use a proxy.pac script, which makes it much more reliable for any IP subnet changes that T-Mobile may make.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...-pac-file.html
    I want to confirm that freshter's mod of the preferences.plist file works great with the deleted proxy pac file.

My phone now does not care what t-mo does with ip in the future.

Again thanks freshter...

-john
    Last edited by dunroven; 09-09-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dunroven View Post
    I want to confirm that freshter's mod of the preferences.plist file works great with the deleted proxy pac file.

My phone now does not care what t-mo does with ip in the future.

Again thanks freshter...

-john
    Thank you for the confirmation.
    I am glad to see it works good for you.
    Enjoy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b4lyph View Post
    I am pretty sure I found out the answer to why it is not working even when you changed the proxy.pac file in /var/preferences/. The reason is the proxy.pac file needs to be in "TWO" places. The first one is in /var/preferences and the next one is in /private/var/root. If both of your proxy.pac files are setup like this:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
    if ((isInNet(myIpAddress(), "25.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")) || (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")))
    return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
    else
    return "DIRECT";
    }

like the other user said, than you should be browsing the internet once again. Hit me up if you need any additional help.

Just add the modified proxy.pac file that you edited to /private/var/root and restart and you'll be just fine. Post to this forum again if it works for you so others can know.

I was lost trying to figure out what was going on for a few days now. I just saw the other proxy.pac file while trying to backup my iphone for the update since I thought that was my only chance of getting t-zones working again. I just did it a little while ago and it works now!! FINALLY!!
    I did this & my phone just started dumbing out. So I changed it in both prox.pac's, but I only added this mod ((isInNet(myIpAddress(), "25.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")), & everything is working fine now. The extra || (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))) was screwing up my connection. So for all those trying but having no success, maybe try that. I actually got part of the change from the original post & then the second half about changing it both prox.pac's was obviously from this post. I am running 1.1.4 in Ft Lauderdale Florida.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Green Apple
    Thanks
    where do i find the proxy pac file in the iphone so i may delete it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nextgenius View Post
    where do i find the proxy pac file in the iphone so i may delete it?
    Check the first page of this post

i'll pass on the t-zones

Thanks

Thank you for the confirmation.
    I am glad to see it works good for you.
    Enjoy!
    Just got a quick question freshster~ So I'm on a 2nd gen 3G, unlocked/jailbroken 2.1. I changed the p.list exactly like you described & everything was working correctly for a while now. Then when I woke up this morning I had email, but now I am not able to connect. So I went into p.lists again, & some of the things I had added from your directions had moved around, or were gone. Have you ever seen this before? I changed it all back now, & am still waiting for it to work again. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Wanderlei Silva

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    Just got a quick question freshster~ So I'm on a 2nd gen 3G, unlocked/jailbroken 2.1. I changed the p.list exactly like you described & everything was working correctly for a while now. Then when I woke up this morning I had email, but now I am not able to connect. So I went into p.lists again, & some of the things I had added from your directions had moved around, or were gone. Have you ever seen this before? I changed it all back now, & am still waiting for it to work again. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    I would recommend resetting your Network Settings and using the epc.tmobile.com APN. That way you don't have to mess around with the plist files. I have been running with the new APN since it was released and it works great.

Good Luck!

Thanks

I would recommend resetting your Network Settings and using the epc.tmobile.com APN. That way you don't have to mess around with the plist files. I have been running with the new APN since it was released and it works great.

Good Luck!
    Yeah well I found the issue thanks. I ordered that hot mess known as the G-1 & even though I returned it & told t-mobile to switch my plan back, they took it upon themselves to remove my t-zones again the next day. I went in after they added it back & changed my p.lists again. Works great. I also took your advice & reset my apn to the new settings. Just a question though... Can I remove the t-zones hack from my phone & the new settings still work? Thanks again.

Wanderlei Silva

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234