Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Macro Photos With the iPhone. How it's Done

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Default Macro Photos With the iPhone. How it's Done

Earlier this week some great looking macro photos take of various object circulated around the internet. The man responsible for these photos, Daniel Forsythe, has released instructions for all of you that are interested in doing the same thing.

This hardware modification isn't for the feint of heart. It involves taking apart your iPhone, removing the camera, scrapping out some glue that holds the camera lens in place, and then re-focusing the camera by rotating the lens.

While this does take a bit of delicacy and patience the results are quite good and extremely useful if you use your iPhone primarily for grabbing shots of bar codes or notes or anything else that you need some close-up detail.

Check out some more photos from estrain/Flicker below and check out eastrain design for full instructions.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -macro-camera.jpg   -2774807351_21b21edab1.jpg   -2803388662_730e07d555.jpg  

WAYY too much work.

wow, thouse photos are actually preety nice....

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Very impressive... can I send mine off for a small fee?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^Can we get a group discount

wow, nice, i might actually give that a shot!
    Aqwoah and Glass Orb Dock combined!

Hmm if pics come out like that
    How about video?

Yea but the only problem is.. say you wanted to take quick snapshot of a buddy-It would come out like crap! Is there a way to get like maybe in the middle half macro/half normal..Although I used to have a treo that had switch to refocus the cam...Apple should do that in the next iPhone.

Not bad at all!

yeah, very impressive! the photos look great! however, it would leave the camera pretty useless for the typical day-to-day shots of your friends and stuff.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so what did he do now??? I see it takes better pictures..but not sure what the mod is/

ohhhh...nm..i clicked on the other link..hehe
    Last edited by aonavy; 08-28-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bought the Iphone 3g on Friday jailbroke it on Monday!!!

Black IPhone 3g Jailbroken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    i would love to do this but i dont have enough money to pay for all of the iPhones i would break attempting it

thats cool but yeah definatly only useful if you only take macro photos because it would indeed render the thing useless for the normal pitcure of your friends and stuff

Would it have killed apple to put in a half decent camera with autofocus, maybe a flash, and *gasp* some zoom?!

eh, I guess that's asking for a lot when the damn thing won't even do video OTB.

I'd buy a macro lens for my camera :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I know this is off subject, but anybody who sold there first gen iPhone just to buy a 3G iPhone is a retard in my opinion! Still no mms, video record, fash, copy and paste, and the damn list goes on! Watch Apple release another version of the iPhone next year in June.

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    I know this is off subject, but anybody who sold there first gen iPhone just to buy a 3G iPhone is a retard in my opinion! Still no mms, video record, fash, copy and paste, and the damn list goes on! Watch Apple release another version of the iPhone next year in June.
    Some people are happy with the features of the iPhone, I for one love browsing the web and my emails on the go.

And there is no other phone like the iPhone, no other interface, no other multi-touch.

I sold my old iPhone and bought the iPhone 3G, and made £100 profit!

Am I a retard?!

anybody have an idea of what theme he's using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast