Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Ad Banned for Misleading Viewers

Quote Originally Posted by arekisu View Post
    Right at the end it says, "All the parts of the internet are on the iPhone".

Well flash and java aren't there, so Apple is lying.
    I agree... flash and java have become the standard for nearly every commercial website on the internet. When you tell people "the web, the way it was meant to be" they're naturally going to assume they can view all the content displayed on a web page!
    I cant remember the last site I went too that didnt have flash and/or java content running on it.

Instead of devoting themselves to improving this "brand new" iphone to 2002 standards, they make laim BS excuses!! Its just another example of corporate america's huge failure to produce a quality product, because they're only focused on ONE THING.... their bank accounts!

I LOVE my iphone, but this kind of arogant BS from Apple has always existed... which is why I never have, and never WILL own a Mac!!

Just my opinion... I may be wrong.....

From a legal stand point the important part to remember here is that this is an ad. It has been widely held that an ad is not an offer that can be accepted and once accepted makes a contract. The "Offer- acceptance" is where the buyer comes to the store he offers to buy an iphone, and apple accepts that offer. For an ad to be considered an offer to enter into a contract it has to be super specific.

Also, these people will have a hard time proving their damages.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arekisu View Post
    Right at the end it says, "All the parts of the internet are on the iPhone".

Well flash and java aren't there, so Apple is lying.
    I might agree with you if Apple said "All the components of the internet are on the iPhone", but they didn't and they are not lying. Word is law as far as a court is concerned, and Apple's statement holds true.

Also, simply because you feel flash and java are integral parts of the web experience, doesn't mean its fact. Let's face it, flash is good for Ads, Games and Concept displays, but it can hardly be considered a requirement for for commercial purposes. Any professionally built website offers alternatives to flash and Java, and if they don't, they're shooting themselves in the foot because they're cutting of a major portion of the consumer population.

Also Java, to me, is a joke. It's deathly slow, clunky, ugly and serves no real useful purpose. Just look at Limewire as a prime example.

Sure Flash is fun, but is it a necessity of the web experience? imo, no.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

^Agreeded. We spend a great deal of money on a so called state of the art phone, like forking out top dollar on say a Porsche that doesn't go into 4,5 or 6th gear!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    ^Agreeded. We spend a great deal of money on a so called state of the art phone, like forking out top dollar on say a Porsche that doesn't go into 4,5 or 6th gear!
    Um. Just a bit of an exaggeration. More like, a Porsche without bucket seats.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I cant play wow on my iphone... I cant download my torrents... I cant watch the olympic games on silverlight...

WTF apple, what are you doing to me with these misleading ads! ?

Oh wait... java .. is java...
    and as far as flash goes, with youtube going h264 the only use flash has is for advertisers ... and I have no use for advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    How about those mis-leading commercials over here in the US? The one were the 3G iPhone is blazing thru websites and apps.

Appearing to be as fast (or faster) than DSL or Cable speeds? Am I the only one who have seen them??? Haven't heard anybody else mention.
    You may have noticed those claims of 3G being 4-5 times faster have disappeared, and now you get "Twice the speed."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm sorry but is it just me, or are these last few news posts just an exact copy from the apple section of Slashdot?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I might agree with you if Apple said "All the components of the internet are on the iPhone", but they didn't and they are not lying. Word is law as far as a court is concerned, and Apple's statement holds true.

Also, simply because you feel flash and java are integral parts of the web experience, doesn't mean its fact. Let's face it, flash is good for Ads, Games and Concept displays, but it can hardly be considered a requirement for for commercial purposes. Any professionally built website offers alternatives to flash and Java, and if they don't, they're shooting themselves in the foot because they're cutting of a major portion of the consumer population.

Also Java, to me, is a joke. It's deathly slow, clunky, ugly and serves no real useful purpose. Just look at Limewire as a prime example.

Sure Flash is fun, but is it a necessity of the web experience? imo, no.
    Considering 'part' and 'component' mean the same thing i think what they said is still wrong.

And i never said that either java or flash were integral parts of the internet, i just commented on what they said.

If they had said 'The internet on the iPhone' with a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen saying that not all sites are fully supported, then that would be the truth.

I think java and flash blow anyways. I have a computer at home to waste loading speeds for ads on the side of the page. Plus make pages bigger on the iPhone and harder to open up and yes even more slower than 3G already is. Focus on something real important like not having copy and paste. I cant count how many times that would have been handy like when you have to email a new password because you lost your password to a site and then its like random *** numbers letters capitalized and lowercase you gotta keep going back and forth freaking blows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12