Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

I am not an iPhone owner but I am an iPod Touch owner. Is there a software unlock for the iPod Touch to jailbreak it? Meaning you can upgrade to 1.1.3 firmware, then use a piece of software, much like how you jailbreak 1.1.2 and do it that way but with another software method for jailbreaking 1.1.3 firmware?

If so, can you lead me in the right direction or can this piece of software work just for jailbreaking iPod Touch?

so will this work on a original release iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Shall I upgrade via iTunes from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 before I do this plz?:
    - connect iphone
    - itunes will launch. Wait till its done then quit itunes
    - run Activity Monitor and quit iTunes Helper
    - copy content of folder to your home dir
    - open terminal
    - type chmod 777 zibri.dat
    - type ./ziphone -j -a
    - wait for 45 sec
    - type ./ziphone -u
    - wait 2m30sec
    - run iworld from installer for other country fixes
    - run bosstool from installer to move file, etc.

I run Mac. Have a jailbroked and activated unlocked 1.1.2 04.02.13_G 3.9 now
    I'm in exactly the same situation, could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Post above worked.
    Last edited by 6453893; 02-12-2008 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks

I am getting a message in the cmd screen saying unable to read zibri.dat anyone know what i need to do to sort this

Works Like A Charm, I Have A 1.1.2 Oob With 4.6 Boot Loader. Installed The Software Now I Dont Need The Turbosim I Had With 1.1.2. Its Fully Updated To 1.1.3 With No Troubles At All Thanks Again

Works Great!! , I have just unlocked 1.1.2OTB Upgraded to 1.1.3 with itunes, then used ziphone Jailbreak Activate and Unlock, all working!!

As I type this i have just unlocked 16gig 1.1.3 OTB Jailbroken and Activated!! Fantastic work!! I am using a Mac with leopard just dragged the ziphone into the terminal! Thanks Zibri, will donate now!

Quote Originally Posted by ntemples View Post
    Works Great!! , I have just unlocked 1.1.2OTB Upgraded to 1.1.3 with itunes, then used ziphone Jailbreak Activate and Unlock, all working!!

As I type this i have just unlocked 16gig 1.1.3 OTB Jailbroken and Activated!! Fantastic work!! I am using a Mac with leopard just dragged the ziphone into the terminal! Thanks Zibri, will donate now!
    Drag the whole ziphone folder into the terminal and that´s it or what u mean?? I also use Mac but Tiger!
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

I might have missed it in this growing thread... I have a 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked (activated?) iPhone w/BL 3.9.

Can I in fact use iTunes to RESTORE the phone and FULLY UPDATE to 1.1.3? Does that automatically update the BL to 4.6? I use FIDO in Canada, so I will want to Jailbreak/Unlock/Activate the phone.

sorry pplz but kwik question...
    does this method make the google locate me feature work?????
    THANKSSS
    if i helped u, theres the THANKS button>>>>

I have a iphone 1.0.2 unlocked n jailbroken using in India.
    so can i just use itunes to update to 1.1.3, bricking my phone, then using the soft given a ove to jailbreak n unlock???
    is it safe for me in india???

what would be the advantage of going to this if we are currently on a jailbroken 1.1.3-3 with the geohot unlock??

Is it something worth restoring my 16gb iphone back to factory then running the program???

Thumbs up Phenomenal Job
    Works 100% on an 112 OTB 4.6 BB.

Unlocked in 3.5 min. You defenitely deserve the award from 1124unlock

You have my vote

I could REALLY use a hand here as I have wasted hours and can't figure this out.

I have an older Iphone, was 1.1.1 OTB, 3.9 (not 4.6). I mistakenly ran this with the unlock command last night (don't need it as I have an ATT SIM). Since then, I can't get a wireless signal at all on the phone on my SIM (not when in activation mode even).

Help!?!? I have no idea what to do. I have tried restoring, etc. Do I need to do a virginize or something more severe to get it back now? ANY help would be so appreciated.

I have ATT but am on a discount FAN plan thru work so I still do need to use the activate command and the jailbreak (I do not activate thru ATT). I just tried restoring the phone to 1.1.3 and ziphone -a did NOT activate the phone . ziphone -a -j DID activate and jailbreak me, but I still have NO phone functions/carrier info or signal.

What did I screw up!?!?!?

I really could use a hand because I rarely see this problem mentioned or a solution.

B.

I' ve just unlocked my iPhone (1.1.2 OTB, BL 4.6, BB 4.02.13_G) after iTunes Upgrade to 1.1.3.
    That' s all right and now this is my configuration:

Firmware 1.1.3
    Bootloader 4.6
    BaseBand 04.02.13_G

It seems to be ready like a Dev Team 1.1.3 soft jailbreak, so I need Navizon GPS for using maps, and I need some fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is so exciting!
    I have tried to jailbreak my 1.1.2 OTB phone that i accadentaly upgraded to 1.1.3 in itunes for weeks now... i have itunes 7.6 and the 1.1.2 jailbreak wouldnt work so now that i can just jailbreak this straight form 1.1.3 this is going to be great!! Will try it out when i get home!

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 from itune
    would this work on an iphone that was originally a 1.0.2 and than 1.1.1 and than 1.1.2 with independence (mac ) and i could upgrade with itunes to 1.1.3 and than run this ?

"Last login: Tue Feb 12 06:30:46 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    thuan-trans-ibook-g4:~ thuantran$ /Users/thuantran/Desktop/ZiPhone/ziphone; exitdyld: Library not loaded: ./MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice
    Referenced from: /Users/thuantran/Desktop/ZiPhone/ziphone
    Reason: image not found
    Trace/BPT trap
    logout
    [Process completed]"

Anyone know how to help me run ziphone?

Running a G4 PPC, OSX.

@martysams:
    no, because you have BL 3.9. There are ways to go 1.1.3 and unlock your phone, but it would mean going back to 1.1.1 first, and carry out a lot of steps (I did this, and it took me hours). I would wait a bit longer for an easy unlock for BL 3.9 phones if I were you.
    seems I was talking BS as 1BADRIDE so nicely pointed out. So you are lucky then!
    Last edited by japino; 02-12-2008 at 08:06 AM.

so what i did was restore my iphone to 1.1.3 via itunes...and used this program to just jailbreak it...but for some reason it wouldn't work so i tried
    ziphone -u -a -j and it work perfectly

Bl 3.9

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast