+ Reply
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I can confirm this does not work on a 32GB Ipod Touch. If you use it you will have to perform a full restore
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can confirm this does not work on a 32GB Ipod Touch. If you use it you will have to perform a full restore
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey i have ziphone 2.4 and i have 1.1.3 and for some reason when i plug the phone in and run the app and than click on DO IT ALL....its stuck on Searching for iPhone and it doesnt find my phone for some apperant reason, please help me out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default keep getting error message "package download failed-null"
    So i jailbroke my iphone using Ziphone. I have a 1.1.3. I have tried uninstallin then reinstalling the installer, rebooting. ALso, turning off the Wifi, then the phone, then back on again, and it still wont work. I cant donload anything. Also unable to refresh my sources. Any suggestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the exact same problem yesterday i had to rerun the 113 update and ziphone again and it worked perfect the second time also the first time when i open email it would just return to the home but now everythings fine after the second try hope this helps you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ZiPhone 2.5 now unlocks, activate and jailbreaks version 114
    Ziphone version 2.5 (28th Feb 2008) 23:28 CET
    ================================================== =================================

Starting with version 2.4, Ziphone provides a simple all-in-one interface or a separate
    advanced interface for experts or for people who needs more control over the jailbreak
    process. Users with AT&T or other "legitimate" iPhone carrier SIMs may wish to use the
    advanced interface in order to retain their own real activation tokens.

The two all-in one modes are:
    ziphone -Z Y
    Jailbreak, activate, and unlock any version

ziphone -Z N
    Jailbreak and activate, but don't unlock

To see the advanced commands (same as in older versions), run:
    ziphone -Z A

For customers of official iPhone cell carriers, it may be preferable to run:
    ziphone -j
    Just jailbreak, don't touch activation tokens or unlock. You still still need
    to connect the phone to iTunes to activate.

ziphone -j -u
    Jailbreak and also unlock any version.

Note that after running a jailbreak on a "fresh" phone, you will need to manually install
    the "BSD Subsystem" package from Installer before many other programs will work. This package
    is NOT included in Ziphone due to size restrictions of the jailbreaking ramdisk.

================================================== =================================

Restoring or recovering from problems:

After some errors, it may be necessary to restore your phone to a factory fresh firmware and
    start over. See the included TROUBLESHOOTING.txt for more information on diagnosing problems.

Ziphone can place your device into recovery or DFU mode to help in downgrading or restoring
    firmware through iTunes. To enter DFU mode, run:
    ziphone -D

Then use iTunes to restore to the stock 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 firmware image. At the end of restore
    you can run Ziphone again on the clean phone using any of the commands listed above.

If you find any missing icons or the iPhone is "strange" may be due to old settings files being
    restored to the phone after iTunes finishes installing firmware. Be sure you choose the option
    to NOT save settings and to treat the iPhone as a NEW PHONE. This is especially important if
    any other jailbreak solution was used on your 1.1.3 phone before Ziphone.

Full usage summary:

ziphone -j = Jailbreak
    ziphone -a = Activate
    ziphone -u = Unlock (Works on both BL3.9 and BL4.6)
    ziphone -e = Erase Baseband (BL 3.9 only)
    ziphone -b = Downgrade Bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9, update baseband to 4.03.13 and patch the unlock.

ziphone -D: Enter DFU Mode.
    ziphone -R: Enter Recovery Mode.
    ziphone -N: Exit Recovery Mode (normal boot).
    ziphone -C: Make coffee (checks MD5 sums on included DAT files)

It is also possible to combine most functions e.g. ziphone -a -j -u

*** ONLY USE -b IF YOUR IPHONE IS 1.1.2/1.1.3 OOB ***
    If your phone came with 1.1.1 or earlier when it was purchased, you should NOT attempt to
    downgrade your baseband bootloader with -b.

For Windows users not accustomed to using the command line, several double-clickable batch files
    are included:

ClickHereX3.9.bat Will call Ziphone -u -j -a (use with iphones that were < 1.1.1 OOB)

ClickHereX4.6.bat will call Ziphone -b -j -a (Downgrades bootloader be warned, use for iphone > 1.1.2)

Jailbreak works on any iPhone version.

Activation works on any iPhone version, except for YouTube on 1.0.X (I am lazy i know)

No 'dev-team' was directly involved with this work.
    This program is based on the work of everyone who
    believed in free software. (Thanks for the toolchain!)

Thanks to geohot for his latest work.
    Thanks to Tissy for moral support.
    Thanks to iphone-elite.org for support.
    Thanks to Viper and Tifel and ortner for being so nice always.
    Thanks to pendor for the OS X GUI
    Thanks to mzaouara for the ascii art (he didn't use some generator he's an ascii artist !)
    Thanks to PsxGunDown to review this readme.

Namaste,
    Zibri.

Legal notice:
    ZiPhone does NOT change the iPhone internal IMEI.
    It changes the baseband to THINK the imei is another one.
    No changes are made inside the SECZONE.

To restore the original IMEI, just issue:

ziphone -u (to keep it unlocked)

or the full restore procedure below.

And ANY phone can be restored to a BRAND NEW state, by using this procedure:

ziphone -e

then

ziphone -D

then restore to ANY (1.1.2 or 1.1.3 suggested) version.

Thanks

Mirror Download:

ZiPhone 2.5

Windows:
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/95960490/V_ZiPhoneWin-2.5.rar
    Mac:
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/95961490/V_ZiPhoneOSX-2.5.rar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey, i just wanted to let everyone know my experience:

i just unlocked/activated/jailbrake my friends OTB 1.1.2 iPhone with ZiPhone 2.5

First attempt was with 2.4 and it worked...it just kicked me out of every app i went into so then i did a restore to 1.1.3 and tryed ZiPhone 2.5.....worked like a charm

i personally have a 1.0.2 and desperately wanna update but not too sure if this program is gonna work.

Plus, im in Serbia and really dont feel like giving some fat dumbA** 100 euros to decode my phone yet again.

Has anyone upraged/restored and older version to a new version and had this work????

Thanks in advance guys.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All,
    my Iphone is already in version 2.2, can Ziphone unlock and jailbreak it? I've tried so, but it got stuck.. how to downgrade it then?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

no you cant use ziphone, use quickpwn

+ Reply
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829