+ Reply
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
mine froze on the apple logo too. it is repeatedly rebooting right now. how did you restore it?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mine froze on the apple logo too. it is repeatedly rebooting right now. how did you restore it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by visions View Post
    tip for ziphone:

if attempting to activate and jailbreak, sometimes putting iphone into restore mode before running ziphone will not work... it will report back that it finished fine, but you will still get the slide for emergency... to solve this problems, first power off your iphone normally (slide to power off) then run the ziphone -a -j command... while ziphone is searching for iphone, dock the iphone while holding the home button... works everytime... hope this helps...
    you're a goddamned genius. thank you. I had to restore 11 freaking time, but as soon as i did this, it worked perfectly. we need more people like you here.
    WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got a question that seemed to have not been answered directly...I have an OTB 1.1.1 with bootloader 3.9 but upgraded to 1.1.2 jailbroken. If I update to 1.1.3 via Itunes can I use ziphone to jailbreak my iphone and also have it install the installer app? Don't really care about the unlocking as i am an AT&T customer. Would everything still work the same as an OTB 1.1.2 with bootloader 4.6, other than the unlocking?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I upgraded my 1.0.2 OTB iPhone to 1.1.3 then used the ZiPhone method to jailbreak/ activate my phone.

However, I cannot upload any file including anySIM manually via wininstall/iBricker/iPhone Browser or iDemocracy.

They realize my phone is connected and only show DCIM, iTune_Control, and Downloads under the root file.

Is there a solution to this? My wifi is grayed out and my Edge is disable after the update. Even when I downgrade to a lower firmware my wifi is grayed out.

Thank you,

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can someone help?
    I did a restore to 1.1.3...ran the program and only choose jailbreak. Worked great. All of my stuff was there but now I can't get into email. I can't delete email accounts...I can but when I go back into settings they are back. Every time i open up mail it just closes out. Suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

This seriously has to be the most unnerving "45 minutes" ever. Is it supposed to be just the apple screen? Why couldn't they have put a progress dialougue in??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just downloaded the OS-X GUI version and am currently trying to jailbreak my 1.1.2 OTB iPhone. The utility/app has been running for over 20 mins without any noticeable results. The iphone has been displaying the itunes logo with the connection cable and on the Mac, the status bar of the GUI utility has been spinning for a while. Sporadically, itunes pops a message that a phone has been detected in recovery mode.

Please advise what I should do and how long I should expect the process to take.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Ben View Post
    This seriously has to be the most unnerving "45 minutes" ever. Is it supposed to be just the apple screen? Why couldn't they have put a progress dialougue in??
    dude, it's 45 seconds, yours is busted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Ben, which method did you use - Windows CMD line, or the Mac GUI? I'm using the Mac GUI and for the past 90+ minutes, the iPhone display has shown the iTunes logo with the arrow and cable below it and I keep getting the following message on iTunes sporadically: iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.

How long has it been taking others to complete this process? Please advise - I'm hesitant to disconnect the iPhone - lest I screw up the jailbreak and update process!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khoon View Post
    Hi Ben, which method did you use - Windows CMD line, or the Mac GUI? I'm using the Mac GUI and for the past 90+ minutes, the iPhone display has shown the iTunes logo with the arrow and cable below it and I keep getting the following message on iTunes sporadically: iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.

How long has it been taking others to complete this process? Please advise - I'm hesitant to disconnect the iPhone - lest I screw up the jailbreak and update process!!!
    on windows w/gui it took me under 3 minutes from start to finish

i am having the broken youtube problem though....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I followed all instructions, but still keep getting "no service", any HELP?? (1.1.2 OTB), BL 4.6. 04.03.13G.

sorry if I posted in the wrong place!

thanks!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone makesmoves's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awaadster3 View Post
    Hi, I upgraded my 1.0.2 OTB iPhone to 1.1.3 then used the ZiPhone method to jailbreak/ activate my phone.

However, I cannot upload any file including anySIM manually via wininstall/iBricker/iPhone Browser or iDemocracy.

They realize my phone is connected and only show DCIM, iTune_Control, and Downloads under the root file.

Is there a solution to this? My wifi is grayed out and my Edge is disable after the update. Even when I downgrade to a lower firmware my wifi is grayed out.

Thank you,
    first restore to 1.1.3 to get clean cuz that 1.1.3 ipsw does that. if u enounter being unable to browse ur iphone with iphone browser go to installer and add ride4.org/shai.xml after that, refresh go to all packages and install something called afc somethin, its there, it will fix it after u download it and reboot
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Crap. My 1.1.1 -> restored via iTunes to 1.1.3. 3.9 BL.

Ran ziphone with -a -j. I get:

Loading zibri.dat.
    i386
    Searching for iPhone...
    Entering recovery mode.
    Working...
    Please wait 45".

Then my phone reboots. Stays with just the Apple logo indefinitely. I can hard reboot the phone, or put it into recovery mode, but it will not boot.

Restore back to 1.1.3 via iTunes. Try again -- still doesn't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is the best f***king jailbreak out u rock

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monkeynspace View Post
    I just used it on a 1.1.2 otb and it works great thanx, but I have one problem my you tube is not working. I'm with att, any ideas on how I can get it to work
    hey i had the same problem and spent hours trying to fix this and i finally found a solution. heres what you do. ssh into your iphone locate to var/root/library/ and click on the folder youtube activation. Delete this file and go back to installer on your iphone and download youtube activation from the unlocking tools. reboot your phone and it should work!

Quote Originally Posted by Haylel View Post
    on windows w/gui it took me under 3 minutes from start to finish

i am having the broken youtube problem though....
    hey i had the problem too and none of the fixes on installer works. I found out a new way and youtube worked perfect heres what you do: . ssh into your iphone locate to var/root/library/lockdown and click on the folder youtube activation. Delete this file and go back to installer on your iphone and download youtube activation from the unlocking tools. reboot your phone and it should work!
    Last edited by im-foney; 02-13-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used the http://iphone.unlock.no/ GUI with no issues worked the best. Before that I restored twice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by im-foney View Post
    hey i had the same problem and spent hours trying to fix this and i finally found a solution. heres what you do. ssh into your iphone locate to var/root/library/ and click on the folder youtube activation. Delete this file and go back to installer on your iphone and download youtube activation from the unlocking tools. reboot your phone and it should work!

hey i had the problem too and none of the fixes on installer works. I found out a new way and youtube worked perfect heres what you do: . ssh into your iphone locate to var/root/library/lockdown and click on the folder youtube activation. Delete this file and go back to installer on your iphone and download youtube activation from the unlocking tools. reboot your phone and it should work!
    no such folder exists

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

after 24 hours and i still cant download bsd subsystem any alternative sources plz guys comeone a simple question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgerry View Post
    Crap. My 1.1.1 -> restored via iTunes to 1.1.3. 3.9 BL.

Ran ziphone with -a -j. I get:

Loading zibri.dat.
    i386
    Searching for iPhone...
    Entering recovery mode.
    Working...
    Please wait 45".

Then my phone reboots. Stays with just the Apple logo indefinitely. I can hard reboot the phone, or put it into recovery mode, but it will not boot.

Restore back to 1.1.3 via iTunes. Try again -- still doesn't work.
    I used Ziphone to jailbreak 1.1.3 worked fine for me no youtube prob. But I was reading over on iclarified that if your getting the apple logo screen indefinitely to use Ziphone 1.0 and not the newest 1.1 as it didnt have that issue. Id try that to see if it works for u also theres guides on iclarified as well, also the link to Ziphone 1.0 instead of 1.1 is there. Hope this helps you out some.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

plz plz plz plz plz guys comeone help me with this i just want to download bsd subsystem plz plz i am failing everytime package download failed i restored to 1.1.1 many times then 1.1.3 then 1.1.1 plz help