+ Reply
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kmadsen68 Thanks for the advise. Just a few questions. Have downloaded signal.app but how do i get it into the iPhone's application directory??? Also, what is "SFTP/SCP
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmadsen68 View Post
    Thanks for the advise. Just a few questions. Have downloaded signal.app but how do i get it into the iPhone's application directory??? Also, what is "SFTP/SCP program or chmod u+x signal.sh && chmod u+x igsm"??? Cheers, Kenneth, a Dane in Germany
    http://www.trick77.com/2008/01/26/ja...sf-113-iphone/

not sure what OS you are using. On a mac, fugu is a great ftp program. for windows... look in the guides.

install bsd subsystem and ssh on your iphone via installer then you need to SSH(using some kind of ftp program) to your iphone from your computer via wifi access your apps folder on the phone and drop the signal.app in the folder

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donnellyiv For This Useful Post:

kmadsen68 (02-13-2008)

Thanks
    would it be better if i copy it to program files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 1.1.1 phone (was originally 1.0.2) that is jailbreaked and not unlocked. If i upgrade to 1.1.3 and use this, will it work properly? Does it mess with the baseband?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when trying to ssh it gives me the error server unexpectedly closed network connection i am using winscp any help plz

Green Apple
    Thanks

iclarified has a guide tried it but didn't jailbreak or activate or unlock. someone else can give it a try
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=664

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question:

I'm on 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked. The phone is not 1.1.1 otb, when I got it, it had 1.0.2 on it. Either way, would the steps for me be to upgrade to 1.1.3 and then run this software to jailbreak and unlock? If not, can someone tell me what to do, please?

maz
    Thanks

Why in **** isnīt the damn phone unlocked when everything else works with Ziphone???
    Anybody???? have 1.1.3 from iTunes and 04.03.13_G 3.9
    //Hackīz

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Thanks
    if i downgrade back to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it can i stay there and will my apps work because i cant get this new one to start and i keep getting that "application has failed to start....." error still and i un-installed and re-installed itunes. plz plz plz help a poor retard get jailbroken and up to date

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steb View Post
    Keep getting "Segmentation Fault" on Mac running Tiger with iTunes 7.4 installed. Got a 16 gig AT&T with 1.1.3 OTB. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Yes, the binary published earlier requires Leopard (I'm not sure why, maybe just the way it was compiled). I haven't tried the updated one published on zibri's blog though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cazlar For This Useful Post:

Steb (02-12-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnellyiv View Post

not sure what OS you are using. On a mac, fugu is a great ftp program. for windows... look in the guides.

install bsd subsystem and ssh on your iphone via installer then you need to SSH(using some kind of ftp program) to your iphone from your computer via wifi access your apps folder on the phone and drop the signal.app in the folder
    Thanks for the reply but sorry, you are writing a complete different language than what I speak - do not understand all these abbreviations etc. and completely lost. Is there an easy step by step guide somewhere (1,000 pages probably)...
    "Life is a journey, not a destination" Aerosmith

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnellyiv View Post

Thanks for the reply but sorry, you are writing a complete different language than what I speak - do not understand all these abbreviations etc. and completely lost. Is there an easy step by step guide somewhere (1,000 pages probably)...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey,

I hav a small question if anybody can help. I've installed Windows XP installed on Drive 'D' instead of 'C' so when I open command prompt it shows 'DDocuments & Settings'. So will this program work for me. Also do I need to have iTunes installed or a Wi-Fi connection as required in the original jailbreak method. BTW my iphone is 1.1.2 OTB.

Thanx.
    Last edited by the_human_virus; 02-12-2008 at 01:10 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked awesome.. Best easyiest Jailbreak, Unlock ever.. did it on a OTB 1.1.2

Banned
    Thanks

Would I run this if I have bootloader 3.9_M3S2 and modem firmware 04.02.13_G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Think I get some of it. The installer is the blue icon on the iPhone... But still not figured out how to download stuff to it. Btw I use the latest Mac OS and latest iTunes. Kenneth

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Worked great. Started with 1.0.2 and now am unlocked 1.1.3. Here are the steps I took.

- Restored and updated to 1.1.3 in iTunes
    - Used this program to Activate and Jailbreak (the unlock feature does not work in the earlier iPhones)
    - Installed BSD
    - Installed and ran AnySim 1.3

Thats it. Hope this helps.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rayven17 For This Useful Post:

devilish_raven (02-13-2008), kmadsen68 (02-13-2008), steve_k (02-12-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Why in **** isnīt the damn phone unlocked when everything else works with Ziphone???
    Anybody???? have 1.1.3 from iTunes and 04.03.13_G 3.9
    Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Would I run this if I have bootloader 3.9_M3S2 and modem firmware 04.02.13_G
    Here's a summary: 4.6 - use it to jailbreak, activate and unlock 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 (but end up with 04.02.13 at the end I believe?).

3.9 - use it to jailbreak and activate - NOT TO UNLOCK. But once you are done, you can use AnySIM 1.3 to unlock 04.03.13 baseband. This has the advantage of resulting in 1.1.3 with the matching baseband, so google maps should work etc. The disadvantage is it is an extra step (oh noe!).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cazlar For This Useful Post:

steve_k (02-12-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now that was positively brilliant! My 1.1.2 phone went mental during the installer upgrade to 1.1.3 leaving me in recovery. Let it go on and do its thing and then followed your little cheat sheet to nirvana...

Thanks again for taking the time to post it.

Zig.

Thanks

Anyone having problems installing BSD subsystem?

I restored to 1.1.3 via iTunes, run ZiPhone and now I cannot install BSD subsystem.

Any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the whole process and it says Done! but then i have no installer on my phone. what am i doing wrong. i just did -a -j because i dont wanna unlock my phone, since i do not know what that does to it.