+ Reply
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate, REPAIR your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I am an AT&T customer with a jailbroken 1.1.1. I have all kinds of 3rd party games/software on the phone. If I upgrade to 1.1.3 in itunes, will I then
    iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

I am an AT&T customer with a jailbroken 1.1.1. I have all kinds of 3rd party games/software on the phone. If I upgrade to 1.1.3 in itunes, will I then be ok to do the jailbreak with ZiPhones program? Ican re-download the programs afterwords as well, right?

Thanks
    thanx i'll try it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ziphone unlock
    Quote Originally Posted by kmadsen68 View Post
    Hi, we got 3 iPhones in the family and did the upgrade and "c:ziphone -j -a" first and then c:ziphone -u". One iPhone is working fine (8GB) but the two 4GB iPhones have no signal for the phone - the signal not there. What can I do? I have tried to restore the iPhones and then do the "c:ziphone -j -a" first and then c:ziphone -u" but still no joy. Any suggestions??? Thx, Kenneth (Germany)
    Kenneth,

I think i can help. I had the same issue. except im running a 3.9, unlocked with IPSF. I don't think it matters how the phone is unlocked. Now with 1.1.3, the 1.1.3 baseband adds some more checks to see if a valid carrier-SIM is inserted. You are unlocked but 1.1.3 is not letting your sim work. To get around this issue: you need to...

Put the Signal.app in your iPhone’s /Application directory (Signal.app is a directory too). Make sure signal.sh and igsm have executable rights (use your SFTP/SCP program or chmod u+x signal.sh && chmod u+x igsm). Signal.app can be found here. You have to restart your iPhone (or Springboard) in order to see the new app. You have to run Signal.app every time you boot your iPhone to get a signal because the 1.1.3 baseband adds some more checks to see if a valid carrier-SIM is inserted.

Signal.app can be found here - http://www.trick77.com/downloads/

It worked for me. I ssh'd the file to apps folder, restarted the phone, launched signal.app.. and about 10 sec later my signal showed back up.
    Im in Oulu, Finland, running a US unlocked 8GB iphone. Hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to donnellyiv For This Useful Post:

kmadsen68 (02-13-2008)

Thanks
    im still getting the same thing

Thanks

Hey, when I upgrade my jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 via itunes am I going to still have all my SMS, pictures, contacts, ect?? If thats the case then i'll do the ziphone jailbreak once i update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hi i keep trying to do this and i keep getting an error. it says zibri.dat could not be opened for reading. anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Hey, when I upgrade my jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 via itunes am I going to still have all my SMS, pictures, contacts, ect?? If thats the case then i'll do the ziphone jailbreak once i update.

Thanks
    I'm still getting that failed to start error again what should i do i pull the file in c. I feel myself getting angry and about to give up on this one to. I even uninstalled and re-installed itunes. help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does the Jailbreak add Installer.app to the Iphone on the ZIphone??

And what about UK.. will i need Iworld installed if im in UK or will it be supported (As its released in UK under 02).

And if no Installer... How do you go ahead into installing it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up This is the Schnizzle!
    Somehow, I have become the local iPhone expert in Moscow, at least among my friends and friends of friends. I want a t-shirt that says, "No, I will not fix your iPhone" :-) BTW all done without compensation.

Anyhow, today I was brought an OOB 1.1.2 phone. I didn't believe, but given all the bs I have been thru fixing other people's phones, I thought, what the heck and gave it a try. In the office, no less. Followed the directions to a "t". All went as written! Prosto super!

To Zibri and Geohot, thank you for giving me a free evening, without having to hack someone's phone the hard way, I mean simcard cloning and the whole ball of wax. Neither of you are here, but I am having a Jameson's in your honors! Now I can work on figuring out my new MacBook and enjoying the joys of OS X! BTW in case some of you didn't know 10.5.2 is out today (yesterday for us) and is something of an upgrade, check it out.

Once again thanks fellas for the time!!!!! and of course all your efforts to bring this to us.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnellyiv View Post
    Kenneth,

I think i can help. I had the same issue. except im running a 3.9, unlocked with IPSF. I don't think it matters how the phone is unlocked. Now with 1.1.3, the 1.1.3 baseband adds some more checks to see if a valid carrier-SIM is inserted. You are unlocked but 1.1.3 is not letting your sim work. To get around this issue: you need to...

Put the Signal.app in your iPhone’s /Application directory (Signal.app is a directory too). Make sure signal.sh and igsm have executable rights (use your SFTP/SCP program or chmod u+x signal.sh && chmod u+x igsm). Signal.app can be found here. You have to restart your iPhone (or Springboard) in order to see the new app. You have to run Signal.app every time you boot your iPhone to get a signal because the 1.1.3 baseband adds some more checks to see if a valid carrier-SIM is inserted.

It worked for me. I ssh'd the file to apps folder, restarted the phone, launched signal.app.. and about 10 sec later my signal showed back up.
    Thanks for the advise. Just a few questions. Have downloaded signal.app but how do i get it into the iPhone's application directory??? Also, what is "SFTP/SCP program or chmod u+x signal.sh && chmod u+x igsm"??? Cheers, Kenneth, a Dane in Germany
    "Life is a journey, not a destination" Aerosmith

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnellyiv View Post
    Kenneth,

Thanks for the advise. Just a few questions. Have downloaded signal.app but how do i get it into the iPhone's application directory??? Also, what is "SFTP/SCP program or chmod u+x signal.sh && chmod u+x igsm"??? Cheers, Kenneth, a Dane in Germany
    "Life is a journey, not a destination" Aerosmith

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for the people who dont know there bootloader
    add "installer.iclarified.com" to your sources and install the package "BBinfo"
    then run it, scroll down and you will see you Bootloader

-cheers
    Unlocked 8GB and 16GB iPhones
    16GB on 1.1.3
    8GB on 1.1.2

Thanks
    i must be retarded what am i doing wrong i cant even get this application to run plz help. It's ok talk to me like I'm stupid, if thats what it takes to get this thing started.

Thanks
    i must be retarded what am i doing wrong i cant even get this application to run plz help. It's ok talk to me like I'm stupid, if thats what it takes to get this thing started.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked Perfect!! Great Job!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teshxx View Post
    hey guys...first of all let me congratulate zibri...ty for a wonderful app...now my question is...i have 1.1.2 OTB 4.6 which i have unlocked and soft updated to 1.1.3 (dev official version)...now the question is...how do i update to 1.1.3 thru itunes ??? do i have to go back to 1.1.2 then let itunes update it ??? do i have to run zibri's on 1.1.2 or on 1.1.3 ? since i am upgrading to 1.1.3 will it upgrade my baseband aswell ???

thank you guys
    You have to connect your phone with iTunes, then click the "Restore" button.
    After the restore is finished, just run Ziphone.

This will upgrade your BB.

Make sure to backup your stuff on your phone as a restore will erase everything on your phone.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by AotW; 02-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

teshxx (02-12-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Keep getting "Segmentation Fault" on Mac running Tiger with iTunes 7.4 installed. Got a 16 gig AT&T with 1.1.3 OTB. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Keep getting "Segmentation Fault" on Mac running Tiger with iTunes 7.4 installed. Got a 16 gig AT&T with 1.1.3 OTB. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yo i dont think this is real jailbreak since i can't access the root through winscp after installing openssh and i tried iphone browser it tells me have u successfully used jailbreak? if not true how can i access the root through winscp? i am on 1.1.3 bl3.9

also if i launch ibricker...it tells me to free my iphone