+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn RC3 Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Update 8/26: Release of QuickPwn RC3. This fixes 64Bit Windows issues and some other bugs. New download links below.... enjoy Quickpwn gets a new update today as well. You will
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Default QuickPwn RC3 Release

Update 8/26: Release of QuickPwn RC3. This fixes 64Bit Windows issues and some other bugs. New download links below.... enjoy

Quickpwn gets a new update today as well. You will have to delete the old version and download the new one from the dev team's website.

"Also released today is the ‘150’ beta update to the Windows QuickPwn application, this contains a revised GUI from Poorlad that has tighter integration into the the main updated QuickPwn executable and provides fixes for YouTube and provides BootNeuter support for the unlock of 2G iPhones, remember this is still beta software, use at your own risk." - blog.iphone-dev.org

You can download the new version of the Windows QuickPwn RC3 here

MMi Member Mirror
    file updated

Need Firmware? Click me

[via iphone-dev]
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 08-26-2008 at 08:45 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

545uk3 (08-25-2008), andreasch (08-26-2008), Cody Overcash (08-25-2008), gatorboy (08-25-2008), irishj (08-26-2008), Kili (08-26-2008), mazen662 (08-26-2008), NakedFaerie (08-25-2008), sadiqali540 (05-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default holly crap
    they are on fire.......
    Last edited by imode; 08-25-2008 at 06:21 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is awsome news

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nice

Green Apple
    Thanks

I guess there server is slow is taking for ever to download the file

Thanks

thanks will test it out

Thanks

can't get past the firmware check screen. idk what it is, but i've tried everything, lol
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You should read their blog about this release... I would hold off until they release another or wait till winpwn 2.5 comes out. Which is what Im holding on for. I just went back to a pwned 2.0.1 through winpwn 2.0.0.4

DevTeamBlog
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-25-2008 at 06:18 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

diazjoaquin (08-25-2008), Lakoni (08-25-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    You should read their blog about this release... I would hold off until they release another or wait till winpwn 2.5 comes out. Which is what Im holding on for. I just went back to a pwned 2.0.1 through winpwn 2.0.0.4

DevTeamBlog
    They are talking about virtualization systems, vmware, parallels....not Windows machines. This tool should work perfectly, but I have yet to try it, just felt that this needed some clarification.

"QuickPwn Windows doesn’t work well with virtualization as there are some problems with the way USB resets are handled, so we wouldn’t advise trying it, we have had reports of some success with VMWare Fusion 2.0 Beta 2, but this shouldn’t be relied on, use PwnageTool instead, or wait for QuickPwn Mac." - blog.iphone-dev.org

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LeifErikson For This Useful Post:

method77 (08-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry guys, QuickPwn Blows.

I will be waiting for WinPwn or the new jailbreaker coming out. If QuickPwn is going to be their primary focus for updates, I'll be going to the other software. This is very buggy and does not allow you to customize boot screens... hell I can't get the damn thing to jailbreak 2.0.2 FW. I keep having to revert back to JB 2.0.1(Which is a total PITA to do).

Sorry, not impressed.

Edit: I finally got the older version of this to JB 2.0.2. Come to find out, after using this my custom(cydia downloaded) apps weren't showing icons on the springboard. By downloading a free app from the app store, this was resolved and the icons appeared. The new one, however, still does not work and you can't change the boot screens to what you want.
    Last edited by gytheran; 08-25-2008 at 07:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

BootNeuter does so u have service , so u can call and so on ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried the new quickpwn! its a no go for me im running windows vista ultimate 64bit and i tried running as admin and under xp sp2 and it still will not work. i used the previous version and it worked fine this ones a no go for me any way!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiipoolman View Post
    They are talking about virtualization systems, vmware, parallels....not Windows machines. This tool should work perfectly, but I have yet to try it, just felt that this needed some clarification.

"QuickPwn Windows doesn’t work well with virtualization as there are some problems with the way USB resets are handled, so we wouldn’t advise trying it, we have had reports of some success with VMWare Fusion 2.0 Beta 2, but this shouldn’t be relied on, use PwnageTool instead, or wait for QuickPwn Mac." - blog.iphone-dev.org

Yes but I also just wanted them to keep reading about these matters and learning a bit. Also I have quickpwn for windows on a couple machines (Xp and Vista) it jaibreaks however no youtube and various issues with itunes, leads me to want to wait for Winpwn 2.5. And also if you read around about it, they do say its not 100% stable and should wait a bit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    I tried the new quickpwn! its a no go for me im running windows vista ultimate 64bit and i tried running as admin and under xp sp2 and it still will not work. i used the previous version and it worked fine this ones a no go for me any way!
    same here my friend.. app crashes after executing under vista... other quickpwn versions have worked flawlessly... wat gives?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks to this App, I successfully Jailbreak my new 3G iPhone 16GB (White).

Winpwn seems doesn't work well on the White edition (Sis has the 8GB 3G, works Fine!). I keep getting Error 6 on it until I tried Quickpwn. And, I'm still on 2.0.1.
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post

Quickpwn gets a new update today as well. You will have to delete the old version and download the new one from the dev team's website.

"Also released today is the ‘150’ beta update to the Windows QuickPwn application, this contains a revised GUI from Poorlad that has tighter integration into the the main updated QuickPwn executable and provides fixes for YouTube and provides BootNeuter support for the unlock of 2G iPhones, remember this is still beta software, use at your own risk." - blog.iphone-dev.org

You can grab the download from the dev team here.
    MMi Member Mirror

Need Firmware? Click me

[via iphone-dev]
    ****, it cannot run on Vista 64bit but the version 120 beta can. What's the matter with 150 beta

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am also stuck at the firmware check screen =(

Help! Anybody??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hackedintosh View Post
    I am also stuck at the firmware check screen =(

Help! Anybody??
    after trying vista, the app crash its a bug pointed by the dev-team.. i then went to my old xp pc and i am also stuck at fw check screen.. seems i wont be updating tonight..

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast