Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: QuickPwn RC3 Release

  1. #61
    So this Pwns, Jailbreaks, and now Unlocks 2g iphones........so wats the point of havinf Winpwn if it does the same thing.......and the new winpwn is gonna have quickpwn integreated.......Dont get it.

  2. #62
    Default Quickpwn Vista 64
    hey all --

    anyone find a solution to the crash problem yet? Really great looking program.. first time I'm using is.

    I extracted the zip

    then extracted the exe.. browse for the ipsw.. it likes it.. gives me the options for cydia/installer and boot.. I just select cydia and installer.. and click next.. and it crashes every time.. using RC3.

    I'm on a 3G iPhone. Has anyone gone past this step with Vista 64?

    thanks!!

    j

    NEVERMIND!!

    Update: Worked great. For those of you running into the crash issue with Vista 64.. you may have done what I did. I had the 2G FW .. got the correct FW.. and worked like a charm.


    j
    Last edited by joejoeiphone1; 08-26-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #63
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gytheran View Post
    Sorry guys, QuickPwn Blows.

    I will be waiting for WinPwn or the new jailbreaker coming out. If QuickPwn is going to be their primary focus for updates, I'll be going to the other software. This is very buggy and does not allow you to customize boot screens... hell I can't get the damn thing to jailbreak 2.0.2 FW. I keep having to revert back to JB 2.0.1(Which is a total PITA to do).

    Sorry, not impressed.

    Edit: I finally got the older version of this to JB 2.0.2. Come to find out, after using this my custom(cydia downloaded) apps weren't showing icons on the springboard. By downloading a free app from the app store, this was resolved and the icons appeared. The new one, however, still does not work and you can't change the boot screens to what you want.
    see it just goes to show it's different for everyone. When I used winpsn for 2.0.1 I had nothing but buggy problems from he'll with all sorts of stuff. With quicklwn and 2.0.2 everything has been wonderful. True you can't change the boot sc teen but who really cares? I know I don't. But to each his/her own.

    Quote Originally Posted by gytheran View Post
    Sorry guys, QuickPwn Blows.

    I will be waiting for WinPwn or the new jailbreaker coming out. If QuickPwn is going to be their primary focus for updates, I'll be going to the other software. This is very buggy and does not allow you to customize boot screens... hell I can't get the damn thing to jailbreak 2.0.2 FW. I keep having to revert back to JB 2.0.1(Which is a total PITA to do).

    Sorry, not impressed.

    Edit: I finally got the older version of this to JB 2.0.2. Come to find out, after using this my custom(cydia downloaded) apps weren't showing icons on the springboard. By downloading a free app from the app store, this was resolved and the icons appeared. The new one, however, still does not work and you can't change the boot screens to what you want.
    see it just goes to show it's different for everyone. When I used winpwn for 2.0.1 I had nothing but buggy problems from hell with all sorts of stuff. With quickpwn and 2.0.2 everything has been wonderful. True you can't change the boot screen but who really cares? I know I don't. But to each his/her own.
    Last edited by skj8100; 08-27-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #64
    Wow. This tool is fantastic.

    I got mine to work on the following PC :

    Windows Vista SP1 Business Edition
    iTunes 7.7.1.11

    My iPhone was winwpn' and on s/w version 2.0.1

    I plugged the phone into itunes.
    I upgraded to 2.0.2

    I left the phone reboot.

    I then downloaded the latest ( as time of posting ) quickpwn and followed onscreen instructions

    Very simple , very easy.

    Now running a 2.0.2 jailbroken , activated , installer , and cydia equipped iPhone.

    Note : You need to manually upgrade to 2.0.2 in itunes before running quickpwn - otherwise it gets stuck at the "pineapple" stage.

    HTH.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    see it just goes to show it's different for everyone. When I used winpsn for 2.0.1 I had nothing but buggy problems from he'll with all sorts of stuff. With quicklwn and 2.0.2 everything has been wonderful. True you can't change the boot sc teen but who really cares? I know I don't. But to each his/her own.
    Actually you can change the boot screen with Quickpwn! Download the quickpwnRC3.exe file, and right click it. Extract the files from the exe. Go into the Data folder and replace the logo.jpg and recovery.jpg with items of your choice.

    I just re-jailbroke mine to double check and it was easier than ever.


    I used these (shamelessly lifted from others....)

    OneRing2Rule
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -logo.png   -recovery.png  
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

  6. #66
    I have no music after quickpwning using RC3 but in iTunes it says I have 4 gb of music? Is there a chmod fix or something? Anyone else experiencing this problem?


    Steven Brown

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by kthunder7 View Post
    I get to the very end where I hold the home button for 30 seconds. but when I do it counts down to 21 and then starts doing all of its work. But it gets hung. The progress bar is full but nothing is happening. I let it sit there for a while but still nothing. Help!
    once you get to that last long countdown...its what 30 sec? it got to 19 for me and stopped the countdown, as long as your computer recognizes your ipod in dfu mode when the countdown ends your all good just let go once u see those two things and itll do its magic and no more buttons from there out till its done JBing. Least thats what I did...anyone back me up?

  8. #68
    Any reason to run this if I already have a successfully JB'd 2G 2.0.2 using the original QuickPwn?

  9. #69
    No. Unless you want to change the boot or recovery logos. :-)

    (Man, I hate automerges)
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 08-27-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to OneRing2Rule For This Useful Post:

    bredfan (08-27-2008)

  11. #70
    Can anyone please help me with this issue: After pwnage, when itunes starts back up & I try to restore using "option restore" itunes doesn't give me the option to select firmware. Itunes will only let me restore and update,no other options.But I already updated thru itunes before I pwned. I've used pwnage many times before & never had this issue.
    Last edited by Andygator; 08-27-2008 at 12:39 PM.

  12. #71
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Factoryville, Pa
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Is there a Quickpwn guide? I have the 1gen iphone v2.0.1 and I used Winpwn. I want 2.0.2 and wanted to try Quickpwn, but not sure how to go about doing it? Where can I get Apple's restore firmware, which I am thinking I will need? I think I would need Apple's version 2.0.2 to use with Quickpwn? Any help I would appreciate!

    Art

  13. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    Actually you can change the boot screen with Quickpwn! Download the quickpwnRC3.exe file, and right click it. Extract the files from the exe. Go into the Data folder and replace the logo.jpg and recovery.jpg with items of your choice.

    I just re-jailbroke mine to double check and it was easier than ever.


    I used these (shamelessly lifted from others....)

    OneRing2Rule
    i try to right click and extract the exe. file but it wont give me that option to, i can only extract the actual exe. file to desktop but i cannot open it to change boot logo.

  14. #73
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i try to proved,

  15. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by artjr View Post
    Is there a Quickpwn guide? I have the 1gen iphone v2.0.1 and I used Winpwn. I want 2.0.2 and wanted to try Quickpwn, but not sure how to go about doing it? Where can I get Apple's restore firmware, which I am thinking I will need? I think I would need Apple's version 2.0.2 to use with Quickpwn? Any help I would appreciate!

    Art
    Quick Pwn GUI Guide - iPhone News & Review

  16. #75
    The following steps work, just did it on a brand new 3G iPhone. PLEASE follow the directions people, and that means attention to detail!

    1. Extract the zip file to get the QuickPwn.exe and Readme.txt file.
    2. Right click the QuickPwn.exe file and extract to get QuickPwn.exe and some dll files.
    3. Copy the FW file (2.0.2 in my case) in the folder where u extracted the QuickPwn.exe and the dll files.
    4. Now try executing QuickPwn.exe

    ***NOTE*** For step 3 make sure you have the right FW!!! If you put the 2.0.2 for the 2G phone it will still crash! If you use the CORRECT FW it wont.***

    That tiny detail is what screws a lot of people up.

  17. #76
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenbrown8 View Post
    I have no music after quickpwning using RC3 but in iTunes it says I have 4 gb of music? Is there a chmod fix or something? Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    This might be a stretch but is "Sync music" ticked in the "Music" tab? There may be a disconnect between what iTunes think is on your phone and forcing a sync may fix it. Could also try a restore from backup.
    Last edited by imode; 08-27-2008 at 11:47 PM.

  18. #77
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ATTERNTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

    ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

    ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW
    Last edited by PJAVIERGR; 08-28-2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #78
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PJAVIERGR View Post
    ATTERNTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

    ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW

    ATTENTION PLEASE, for those who have problems when you upgrade to 2.0.2 WITH WINPWN RC3 WITH E-MAILS, finding the SOULUTION For this reason, when installing everything, OPENS Cydia+ "BOSSPREFS" and installations and in part that says "more" + "FIX USER DIR permissions" & "OK" list solve your problem, Adem must have installed "OPEN SSH AND NETATALK" I did so and work, try VIEW


    Didnt catch that the first time, glad you posted 3 times I might have missed it. Glad you found it, since its been around for a while now

  20. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Didnt catch that the first time, glad you posted 3 times I might have missed it. Glad you found it, since its been around for a while now

    *snerk* LOL.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

  21. #80
    i got the software but keep getting a debugger error any one help cuz i upgraded to 2.0.2 but carn,t jailbreak and unlock again so my phone is out of action which is a bugger,pardon the pun.

    any help would be sorted,thx

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •