+ Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 2.0.3 Released Firmware 2.0.2 Functionality Added

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
seeing as pwning 1.1.4 to 2.0 bricked my last iphone (thank you apple for replacing it!), i was extremely hesitant to try this again. i was hoping ziphone would come
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

seeing as pwning 1.1.4 to 2.0 bricked my last iphone (thank you apple for replacing it!), i was extremely hesitant to try this again. i was hoping ziphone would come out with a new version which i had used in the past, but things aren't looking good on that front.
    i'm an ATT customer, on an iphone contract from when they first came out, so i don't need it unlocked, but it's nice to have it that way. the app store actually took care of most jailbroken apps i had originally. i did, however, really miss mobilescrobbler, my custom carrier icon, and my custom theme.

nice to have all that back

this time around i upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0.2, the used pwnage 2.0.3 and everything worked fine on my mac.

i do have a question tho.... does anyone know how to make icon names not appear in the dock only? so far i much prefer summerboard over winterboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need help.......i downloaded the 2.0.3 pwnage tool, and i downloaded the 2.0.2 restore ipsw, btw, i have iphone 2G, and so, i clicked on the Iphone on pwnage, and it detects the 2.0 restore and the 2.0.1 restore, but not the 2.0.2, so i browsed for it, i double clicked it, and it said "wrong firmware bundle chosen" and so, idk what to do......HELP! THIS IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Check out my video on youtube
    When I used the 2.0.3.1 for mac It fried my sim card and I had to get a new one. So I made a video about it. So make sure people know to TAKE THEIR SIM CARDS OUT before doing this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSaBOG0HtA]YouTube - Download PwnageTool 2.0.3.1[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have an idea when Bootneutor will be up and running on the pwnage tool or if theres a 3G unlocker to use t-mobile yet? thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TASolberg View Post
    When I used the 2.0.3.1 for mac It fried my sim card and I had to get a new one. So I made a video about it. So make sure people know to TAKE THEIR SIM CARDS OUT before doing this

YouTube - Download PwnageTool 2.0.3.1
    What did you do to fry your sim? I wasn't anything from pwnage. Many have pwnd their phones without having this problem. It was probably a faulty phone or you did something wrong on your end.

oo3
    Thanks

I too am confused about how you fried your sim card.
    Last edited by oo3; 08-26-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,735 Times in 4,447 Posts

hi guys,

got problem... safari doesn't remember logins...i guess it had something to do with cookies...any fixes???...thanks
    p.s im on 3g phone 2.0.2 pwned

p.s2 problem solved...changed permissions for cookies.
    Last edited by rumcajs; 08-27-2008 at 08:25 AM. Reason: solved

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonatan Torres View Post
    Does anyone have an idea when Bootneutor will be up and running on the pwnage tool or if theres a 3G unlocker to use t-mobile yet? thank you.
    If you would read carefully including the iphone dev blog, you will read they are still far away from unlocking 3g phones and that will not change that quickly. So jailbreak is the only thing that works for 3G phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys,

I tried to update y iPhone and everything fine but after installing some stuffs my iphone was frozen and I restarted but when I turn on again, my iPhone is in restore mode someone knows how can I get out of the recovery mode without restoring?

If the only option is restoring... can i put my iphone in DFU mode with my my status of iphone? I mean my iphone is in recovery mode and can I follow the normal steps in order to put it in DFU mode?

Thanks in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey guys, so i've got pwnage 2.0.3.1 and went to repwn my 1st gen iphone but for some reason pwnage fails every time that i try to build the custom ipsw. i'm using 1,1_2.0.2_5C1 from itunes. i've tried expert and simple mode and i still get the same "i haz fail" screen. not sure what's worng.

any ideas?

so i still can't figure out what the heck is going wrong. i've noticed on a few other boards other people are having the same problem. i've erased pwnage and re-installed probably 3 or 4 times now and i still keep getting the same error.

any help at all would be amazing!!!

Last edited by coppernights; 08-27-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TASolberg View Post
    I find it amusing when people always accuse software of frying hardware. There are two things that can fry a SIM card, 1: frying the SIM card; as in an electrical surge. 2: entering an incorrect SIM password 10 times in a row, when the SIM is programmed to fry itself.

Can it be done by Pwnage? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariya9mdoa View Post
    Has anybody come across this?

I tried to update a 2.0 phone on the train yesterday and it said i needed an internet connection. By the way this is a new 3G phone and it hasn't been PWND or jailbroken.

Does anyone know why this happened?
    I'm surprised you actually haven't come across this. iTunes requires access to the Apple itunes server whenever a new iPhone is plugged in or an update/restore is necessary. It's a major inconvenience yes, but its quite normal.

Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
    I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that the dimensions have to match as well. Can't be larger than 120x120 or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific but I think it was in one of the readme's that came with pwnagetool
    But the "built-in" restore screen image that comes with Pwnage (of Steve) is much larger than 120x120, it takes up nearly the entire screen.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 08-27-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Kariya9mdoa (08-27-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

someon please help me........i posted my problem on the 11th page, for some reason pwnage 2.0.3.1 isnt detecting the 2.0.2 ipsw restore that i downloaded from this website and from many others......ARGH!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok i can state the the update dose not fry your sim at all..... I just did three 3G iphones and they all went flawlessly good job dev team Mahalo Nui Loa from the ALOHA STATE....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simer03 View Post
    someon please help me........i posted my problem on the 11th page, for some reason pwnage 2.0.3.1 isnt detecting the 2.0.2 ipsw restore that i downloaded from this website and from many others......ARGH!
    There's two different versions of the 2.0.2 firmware file. One for 3G's and one for 1st Gen iPhones. Do you have the right one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    There's two different versions of the 2.0.2 firmware file. One for 3G's and one for 1st Gen iPhones. Do you have the right one?

well at first i tried updating directly from pwnage 2.0.2, but it kept saying it failed to update, so i went and downloaded from direct downloads, and im not sure if i downloaded the correct ones, honestly, but if u could provide a link for me, that would be excellent, i have the 2G iphone, the original.........my cousin and i are having the same problem, and we spent at least 3 or 4 hours last night trying to figure it out, but nothing worked......i will very much appreciate your help!

HOWEVER......i just read on this website....iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0.x 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated] its best to download the ipsw with Firefox, i downloaded with Safari....will that make a difference? hopefully????
    Last edited by Simer03; 08-27-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Worked like a charm yet AGAIN. Thanks Dev Team

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simer03 View Post
    well at first i tried updating directly from pwnage 2.0.2, but it kept saying it failed to update, so i went and downloaded from direct downloads, and im not sure if i downloaded the correct ones, honestly, but if u could provide a link for me, that would be excellent, i have the 2G iphone, the original.........my cousin and i are having the same problem, and we spent at least 3 or 4 hours last night trying to figure it out, but nothing worked......i will very much appreciate your help!

HOWEVER......i just read on this website....iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0.x 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated] its best to download the ipsw with Firefox, i downloaded with Safari....will that make a difference? hopefully????
    I don't see how it would make a difference. But with Safari, you can try right-clicking and choosing "save as..."

Also, the best place to get the firmware file is iTunes. If it tells you there's an upgrade available, select "download but don't install".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I don't see how it would make a difference. But with Safari, you can try right-clicking and choosing "save as..."

Also, the best place to get the firmware file is iTunes. If it tells you there's an upgrade available, select "download but don't install".

I think Safari uncompresses the IPSW where firefox doesnt. Just downloaded with firefox.

Thanks

hi,
    so i've pwned w/ 2.0.3.1, and i'm having the same mail problems (a white screen, then crashes). i've tried fugu to change permissions, but i get an error message saying "remote host i.d. has changed". i used my phones i.p. address and pass "root" (never prompted for pass). don't know ssh commands, and also failed at using terminal ("no keychains directory found"). please help! TIA

update: boss prefs fixed prob!
    Last edited by quilty; 08-27-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks

I am having the same problem each time I hit my mail button I get a white screen and then back to springboard!!

Slainte

Spliff1