Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 2.0.3 Released Firmware 2.0.2 Functionality Added

Quote Originally Posted by rubayed View Post
    Guys,,,i'm in trouble!!! I pwned it and got it working on 2.0.2 with usual problems of the MAIL not working, b4 trying to fix it, I was downloading my usual apps from CYDIA, since my ringer/silent switch is broken i was trying to download the MIVtones and just then it restarted and since then its been stuck on the pineapple logo for the last 30 minutes, i tried holding the power and home button to get it restarted,which it did but still once again got stuck at pineapple logo, i'm scared and dont know what to do,tried connecting it to iTunes and nothing happens since its stuck at pineapple logo, really unsure what to do now,,,help please!!!!
    just put it back into dfu and restore it with 2.0.2 custom FW again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xjuliephanx For This Useful Post:

rubayed (08-26-2008)

Downloaded and restored to 2.0.2 perfectly. I opted not to install either cydia and intaller app to make my phone look stock. Everything works as it should, from mail to the wifi. No problems here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xjuliephanx View Post
    just put it back into dfu and restore it with 2.0.2 custom FW again.
    Oh my god,,,i did exactly as u told me to and as a result i've just finally had it restored with the custome firmware. What a relief,,, for the last 30 mins i felt so helpless as it kept restarting itself and getting stuck at Pineaple logo,,,thank u so much,,,now its restoring my data,,let's hope the mail and other thing works, if not then GOD BLESS MMI

Default Backup corrupt
    Has anybody else had this happen.
    When i upgraded to 2.02 today i tried to install from backup in itunes and it does its thing then it pops up and says my backup has been corrupted.

Is this because it is different firmware?

Cheers

HappyModding

this is why im waiting for a more important update. too many ppl having trouble with updating to 2.0.2 PWNED. besides im still pretty happy with my 2.0.1 unlocked 2G

if i jailbreak my phone im scared it wont work anymore should i worry?

hey it says your online quick question is there any warnings about jailbreaking the iphone 3g?
    Last edited by Chris103; 08-26-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tried to update my ipt and it kept getting stuck in dfu mode with a white screen. I restored to stock 2.0 and re-tried with pwnage but the same thing happened again.

I've gone back to a pwned 2.0.1.

Same problem here Am I able to Restore using my previous custom 2.0.1? 2.0.2 killed my wifi and mail

I am having a BIG problem i have restored three time already
    issues as follows

1) Mail dose not work at all wont sync all it says is name and password dose not match
    At smpt.apple what ever

2) When i visit sites with safari and bookmark it it dise not save the password with site yahoo google and so on......

3) Keeps asking me for my voicemail password on every respring......

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix this as of now ? Mahalo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've read reports that this fixes the passwords/mail/wifi issues:

Install OpenSSH and then apply a chmod 777 to /var/Keychains.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hashiriya For This Useful Post:

serpent944 (08-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dstorrents View Post
    Same problem here Am I able to Restore using my previous custom 2.0.1? 2.0.2 killed my wifi and mail
    I used pwnage again with 2.0.1 then restored my info from a backup.

Shame it doesn't back-up all the installed stuff from cydia, just spent the last 15 minutes installing everything again.

People,

Can I use P Tool 2.0.3 to restore my iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Custom_Restore ?

Thanks

Install OpenSSH and then apply a chmod 777 to /var/Keychains.

Worked for me to repair problems with voicemail, e-mail, and wifi problems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikdo View Post
    People,

Can I use P Tool 2.0.3 to restore my iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Custom_Restore ?

Thanks
    Should be able to yes. If not try building another custom restore from the stock firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rubayed View Post
    Guys,,,i'm in trouble!!! I pwned it and got it working on 2.0.2 with usual problems of the MAIL not working, b4 trying to fix it, I was downloading my usual apps from CYDIA, since my ringer/silent switch is broken i was trying to download the MIVtones and just then it restarted and since then its been stuck on the pineapple logo for the last 30 minutes, i tried holding the power and home button to get it restarted,which it did but still once again got stuck at pineapple logo, i'm scared and dont know what to do,tried connecting it to iTunes and nothing happens since its stuck at pineapple logo, really unsure what to do now,,,help please!!!!
    That's about the exact same thing that happened to me after installing MIVtones earlier tonight and I had to restore it and re-pwn again.

Seems like there are more than a few problems happening so far; is there anyone out there that used this new version and is able to access their e-mails? Coz I haven't been able to at all after 2 restores.

Also, is anyone else constantly getting an error telling you that your voicemail password is incorrect and you have to re-type it? Pretty annoying that its popping up after each rebooting, especially when you're rearranging your stuffs on Cydia/installer.

*EDIT* ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I read the whole thread over. Most problems solved. LOL. the MiVtones problem still stands though, too afraid to download it again.
    Last edited by mungorgor; 08-26-2008 at 06:13 AM.

WOW JULIE you are a Goddess thx worked like a charm......... Mahalo Nui Loa

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I just upgraded to 2.0.2 and my mail doesn't work either. WiFi works fine, though. The only weird thing is after upgrading I went to passcode lock, entered and confirmed the passcode, but it wouldn't apply. Tried it again and went to change the passcode, but I keep failing the passcode attempts. Anyone know what's going on or how to fix it? Thanks.

PwnageTool.app\Contents\Resources\CustomPackages\C ydiaInstaller.bundle\files\usr\share\terminfo\v\vt 220-8

cant be made? ????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdaddy5539 View Post
    Well, I just upgraded to 2.0.2 and my mail doesn't work either. WiFi works fine, though. The only weird thing is after upgrading I went to passcode lock, entered and confirmed the passcode, but it wouldn't apply. Tried it again and went to change the passcode, but I keep failing the passcode attempts. Anyone know what's going on or how to fix it? Thanks.
    Go to Cydia, download OpenSSH, then access the phone with a SFTP program (Fugu, Cyberduck etc) go to private/var, right click on the Keychain folder and open info; then set permission to 777. Voila!
    OP needs to post this instruction in his original post imo, as it seems to be the major problem with this patch so far.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macdaddy5539 View Post
    Here's how I fixed the password problem:

1. SSH into your device
    2. Go into /var/
    3. Change the permissions on the Keychains folder to 777
    4. check Apply Changes Recursively

Worked immediately for me. Good luck!
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

iPhone 4S 64GB iOS5 JB
    iPhone 4 32GB iOS5 JB & Unlocked
    The New iPad 64GB JB
    15" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i7 Unibody
    24" Apple Display