Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 2.0.3 Released Firmware 2.0.2 Functionality Added

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here's a silly question, maybe, but is it really useful and worth the hassle to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.2?

What's new in 2.0.2? Maybe that is posted somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. Apple just said "bug fixes". Besides it may be useful in this post? I have a 1st gen iPhone that I have unblocked and am using in Italy.

And another question... when I plug my iPhone into iTunes, it brings up a dialog box that says I need to upgrade my carrier's blah blah (I don't remember what it said and I can't access it right now, sorry!). I have always ignored this along with Apple's updates. Is this serious, doctor? My iPhone works great without it.
    Last edited by zoink!; 08-27-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: wrong version numbers!

my email wont wont ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spliff1 View Post
    I am having the same problem each time I hit my mail button I get a white screen and then back to springboard!!

Slainte

Spliff1
    like i said, try to reset user permissions using the boss prefs app from cydia. otherwise you have to use ssh (which i couldn't manage) or a program like fugu (also, which i can't seem to use to connect to iphone).

why do i get a "REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED" message?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I don't see how it would make a difference. But with Safari, you can try right-clicking and choosing "save as..."

Also, the best place to get the firmware file is iTunes. If it tells you there's an upgrade available, select "download but don't install".

lol.....i just tried with Firefox and it worked......i guess Firefox was the answer....!! thanks anyway though!

I asked this question a while ago but did not get a response. The mail issue that everybody is talking about, i believe, is caused when you do a restore upgrade and then do a "restore from backup", correct? Is the mail issue solved by using bosstool to do the permission fix? So what I'm asking is once I pwn to 2.0.2 and restore can I do a restore from backup and then fix my mail permissions? I do not want to set up as new phone.
    Thank you and I hope what I wrote makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by quilty View Post
    like i said, try to reset user permissions using the boss prefs app from cydia. otherwise you have to use ssh (which i couldn't manage) or a program like fugu (also, which i can't seem to use to connect to iphone).

how do u change it in ssh? when i try to log in it says my pass is wrong blah blah blah

i just finished restoring my phone with the new Pwnage and after iTunes says, "your phone is ready to be rebooted" all the phone does is flash on and off the friggin pineapple logo.

Is something wrong? It's like it won't boot up or something.....wth?

Quote Originally Posted by supershick View Post
    i just finished restoring my phone with the new Pwnage and after iTunes says, "your phone is ready to be rebooted" all the phone does is flash on and off the friggin pineapple logo.

Is something wrong? It's like it won't boot up or something.....wth?
    i have the same problem, and have been trying to get an answer, but no real help, i just went back to my custom 2.0.1firmware, please messege me if you get something that works, i have tried numerous settings during the pwning process and still have the same issue

everything worked great dev team except that i cant SEND emails.. recieving is fine.. any body else have this problem?

damn, i thought i was the only one.......i hope someone can offer some advice. this is really strange!! it's like the phone is out of control

i wish i could show u guys a video. it's like a flashing pineapple and it never stops until the battery runs out or something. only way i could stop is it put it in DFU mode.
    Last edited by supershick; 08-27-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it says cannot get mail

user name or password for imap.apple.mail.tahoo.com is incorrect.

i know my password isnt wron whats going on??? do i have to shh and reset permisions to 0775?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post

It looks like our friends from the iPhone-Dev team have completed the next version of Pwnage Tool which will support jailbreaking and unlocking firmware 2.0.2 and comes with the new Beta 6 version of Installer. It is available through the integrated update tool or direct download from their site. No 3G unlock yet... sorry guys.

You can grab the direct download from their servers here. Mirror Mirror has been updated.

Need Firmware? Click me

Our awesome guides for PwnageTool Still Apply the links to 2.0.2 firmware and the newest PwnageTool will be updated shortly.
    1st Gen iPhone Guide
    3g iPhone Guide

NOTE: If you are already on 2.0 PWND just create a new custom .ispw file with pwnagetool and restore it on to your iPhone with iTunes.

[via iphone-dev]
    The new pwnage tool file has a .tbz extension--how does this open?

I am using a PC--the file for the new pwnage tool has a .tbz file extension. How can I open, or is this for Mac users only?
    Last edited by sagacious1; 08-28-2008 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so I pwned my week old 16gig iphone twice(1nce to 2.0.1+ 1nce to 2.0.2). First time everything went smoothly no buggs whatsoever except for installer beta which as reported was quite unfonctional. After using pwnage 2.0.3. two weird things happened to my phone.

First strange thing was once pwned the screen went completely blank(or black) with only the carrier name,reception bars, time and battery icon showing on top. The strange thing was that some icons on the 2nd and 3rd "page" where visible after sliding. I turned off the phone and when i turned it back on everything was back to normal? I should mention it happened again once after i loaded just under 2gigs of music back onto the phone? Again switched it off and everything came back to normal.

2nd problem was i lost access to my gmail accounts. I went into BossPrefs and selected fix User Dir Permissions and it solved the problem.

I'm mostly worried bout the first bug? This is a bran new 16 gig Iphone. Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen? is it normal? is it common? after pwning with 2.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Quilty
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalpimp View Post
    how do u change it in ssh? when i try to log in it says my pass is wrong blah blah blah
    Find the hidden ".ssh" folder in your Home folder and remove the "known_hosts" file in it..Then you will able to connect via ssh without problems...

Thumbs up Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quilty View Post
    like i said, try to reset user permissions using the boss prefs app from cydia.
    Thank you Quilty this worked like a dream

Slainte

Spliff1

Quote Originally Posted by bust freeze View Post
    Ok so I pwned my week old 16gig iphone twice(1nce to 2.0.1+ 1nce to 2.0.2). First time everything went smoothly no buggs whatsoever except for installer beta which as reported was quite unfonctional. After using pwnage 2.0.3. two weird things happened to my phone.

First strange thing was once pwned the screen went completely blank(or black) with only the carrier name,reception bars, time and battery icon showing on top. The strange thing was that some icons on the 2nd and 3rd "page" where visible after sliding. I turned off the phone and when i turned it back on everything was back to normal? I should mention it happened again once after i loaded just under 2gigs of music back onto the phone? Again switched it off and everything came back to normal.

2nd problem was i lost access to my gmail accounts. I went into BossPrefs and selected fix User Dir Permissions and it solved the problem.

I'm mostly worried bout the first bug? This is a bran new 16 gig Iphone. Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen? is it normal? is it common? after pwning with 2.0.3
    i jsut tried to reset the setting in boss prefs but it didnt do anything i rebooted and everything

it says cannot get mail

user name or password for imap.apple.mail.tahoo.com is incorrect.

Boss pref will not fix the problem.... You need the 2.0.3 pwnage tool it fixes the mail amd wifi problems i have done 12 3G iphones already and none of them has had a problem what so ever......

Quote Originally Posted by axlf97 View Post
    Boss pref will not fix the problem.... You need the 2.0.3 pwnage tool it fixes the mail amd wifi problems i have done 12 3G iphones already and none of them has had a problem what so ever......
    i used the 2.0.3 pwnage tool and everything works fine except that i cant SEND mail.. i can receive and everything else.

will pwnage tool erase everything though? Or can I just fix it?

these guys r gods really.now 3g unlock and we can call them god of gods (odinz - I think)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast