Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Reception "Completely Normal!"

No 3g in Cupertino, Apple City at De Anza College. WTF!!!!

BTW i have 2.0.2.

And no 3g at my house in Fremont Ca. That is seriously sucks.

I'm in Fremont ca and get 3g at home but no bars but i get it also I get it at Cupertino np there. You might gotton a bad phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

No issues so far for me....
    2g 2.0.2 ---

No dropped calls.
    2G fine for me (I use wifi for my web brousing 90% of the time)
    no crashes

Vodafone SIM card (germany) Also used the phone in Afghanistan and its other Stan lands that surround it...

Vodafone service and German T-mobile rocks... Never had a dropped call with any hone.

So I am thinking its a ATT issue

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    No issues so far for me....
    2g 2.0.2 ---

No dropped calls.
    2G fine for me (I use wifi for my web brousing 90% of the time)
    no crashes

Vodafone SIM card (germany) Also used the phone in Afghanistan and its other Stan lands that surround it...

Vodafone service and German T-mobile rocks... Never had a dropped call with any hone.

So I am thinking its a ATT issue

well considering this is a thread about the iPhone 3G probably wrong thread to post this in.

(even if its really funny us 1st gen. users are cruising along still. )

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

MUGGZ,
    You are absulutly correct I made an error on my post I forgot to post my 3g stats... thanks for catching my error...

My biz Sim card that I have in my 3g..
    No errors with iPhone crashing.
    I use ATT SIM card and ABSOLUTLY love it when I am in the US... I love it when I am on the phone with my boss and the call drops. That so totally rocks... lol

I have actually stopped using the 3g. Also, the 3g speed is not that much faster... albiet its quicker but..... not that much. I did however notice a difference in speed when I roam with Tmobile Germany... So as I put in my last post... ATT just might be the issue...

MUGGZ thanks agin for the correction.

D

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I never had any drop calls with AT&T.

I'm thinking you people with drop calls must live in the boonies. hehe

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E-Dragon View Post
    I think it's just the iPhone keeping AT&T afloat, their service is no longer any good and tho their "more bars in more places" is true, it isn't true because of singnal strength, it true because of coverage area, but coverage is one thing and GOOD service is another..
    I think if Apple had chosen say... Verizon, AT&T would be S.O.L. and still may be...
    Perhaps you should check your facts? Apple actually offered the exclusive iPhone deal to verizon before AT&T, and about 2 years before the phone was actually released, but they turned it down, because they couldn't have enough control (so much for that...)

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    Perhaps you should check your facts? Apple actually offered the exclusive iPhone deal to verizon before AT&T, and about 2 years before the phone was actually released, but they turned it down, because they couldn't have enough control (so much for that...)
    uuuuhhhhh "facts"? i dont think so. that was just a rumore someone pulled outta their bootyhole that quickly spread through the interwebs. Verizon announced (or rather verizon's mommy,vodafone, announced) that they were going to LTE and Apple announced they were making a phone and BOOM! someone hoped for the best. but we now know verizon wont be going to LTE until atleast 2010. it's HIGHLY unlikely that Apple ever had any intentions of making 2 versions of their first and only phone product. (a cdma for USA and GSM for Europe). also verizon's bad and very well known habit of crippling phones with their crappy software would've made it damn near impossible for Apple to even look at them. plus, you throw in Verizon suing Apple and AT&T for "monopolizing" the iphone on people, from last year, and it becomes less credible to believe that rumor.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234