+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G 09/07/08 at Bestbuy

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by WillyDavidK The reason the phone is locked to AT&T and all that is because AT&T is paying for 2/3 of the phone! People seem to be forgetting
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    The reason the phone is locked to AT&T and all that is because AT&T is paying for 2/3 of the phone! People seem to be forgetting about Apple and AT&Ts plan to release a contract-free version in the future that sells for 599 and 699 but isn't locked. I haven't heard any news on this in ages, so it's possible it was canceled, or that they are just waiting for the market to be sufficiently saturated to reach out to the Tmobile and other non-AT&T customers out there. Perhaps we'll hear more at WWDC?
    I dont think you understand that most would pay the 599 or 699 If we could. But you cant leave the store without activation, and it hasnt been unlocked yet. I dont think the argument is based on paying 199, which I wouldnt sign up with AT&T ever again, so I am forced to wait. Why would AT&T be involved of helping put out the phone to folks without a contract? AT&T doesnt get revenue from Apple's sales. They get their own revenue via service plans, and at&t store accessory sales.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-30-2008 at 08:29 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenicIce View Post
    I work at the Best Buy in Mesquite, TX as a Mobile Consultant... some of the stuff you guys are stating is invalid...
    Just like AT&T, Best Buy will not offer insurance on the iPhone...
    Ah, i apologize, I assumed best buy had policies on all products in the store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No BB service plan? OF COURSE THEY DO!
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    Ah, i apologize, I assumed best buy had policies on all products in the store.
    You are correct - what everyone else (including the "BB Dude") missed is that BB IS pushing the $15 (per month!) service plan - I just got an iPhone 3G at BB this morning and I have NEVER had such a hard sell to sign up for that rip-off $15 plan. I had not one person, not two, but THREE people from BB try to sell it to me - the original BB salesperson, the BB Mobile Dept Manager, and finally the cashier. Crazy.

No each time, and the BB Manager even tried to argue with me that my Amex Platinum protection plan would NOT cover my IPhone damage. How the heck would he know?

The plain truth is that $15 a month is a rip-off. 6 months of paying that and you could have bought a whole new iPhone 3G-8gb. Not worth it. Bring it down to $5.month like it used to be and maybe you might get people to go for it, but not at that price.

A moderate hard sell was for the accessories - they try to get you to buy these "packages" which include a bluetooth headset (some of which are at a ridiculous $80) plus screen protectors, protective shells, car chargers, etc etc.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12