+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The XiPhone Project [Windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Remember when things on windows used to be difficult and ages behind OS X releases? Soon to enter the fray currently occupied by WinPwn and QuickPwn will be XiPhone. Why
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 652 Posts

Default The XiPhone Project [Windows]
    Remember when things on windows used to be difficult and ages behind OS X releases? Soon to enter the fray currently occupied by WinPwn and
    QuickPwn will be XiPhone.

Why another one? The developers of XiPhone would like to address the primary flaws that exist in both QuickPwn and WinPwn. Both curret programs lack lack the backing of the Windows API as well as the backing of a real development environment. XiPhone is based on XPWN and looks like it will become a nice alternative assisting Windows users in freeing the iPhone / iPod Touch.

Features:
    • Auto downloading of stock firmware files from apple’s site (no need to hunt for it then select it)
    • Wizard based modern GUI (created with .net 2.0), and Vista Style UI.
    • Export of firmware settings so users can pass around an XML file which contains a configuration that works for them.
    • Auto updates to the XiPhone software.
    • Automatic conversion of images to PNG format
    • Saving of configurations to XML format for fast loading.
    • Community based wallpapers used for bootscreen, Restore screen and others
    • Enabling / Disabling of options available based on the device you select.
    Now XiPhone would like you're help with some friendly feedback and suggestions for their project. Post 'em up folks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The XiPhone Project [Windows]-xiphone1.png   The XiPhone Project [Windows]-xiphone2.png  
    Last edited by imode; 08-25-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: changed link per XiPhone author's request

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can't wait, to bad still can't unlock 3g

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unfortunate name pronunciation considering all the bad press ZiPhone has had.

Or is it Ex-iphone?

Good luck with it though.

Thanks
    For the "simple" users such as myself, meaning mobile terminal is only easy with a youtube video in front of me :-) ... is their going to be any noticible difference between winpwn and Xiphone? I mean isn't this just another custom firmware builder?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Unfortunate name pronunciation considering all the bad press ZiPhone has had.

Or is it Ex-iphone?

Good luck with it though.
    I was just thinking that.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks

completely no need

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys I have iphone 2G with fw 1.1.4.
    can I update my 1.0.4 iphone to 2.0.2 and Active ,jailbrack and Unlock it with this software?

can I update my 1.0.4 iphone to 2.0.2 and Active ,jailbreak and Unlock it with this software?

plz help
    Last edited by ardalan; 08-25-2008 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ardalan View Post
    can I update my 1.0.4 iphone to 2.0.2 and Active ,jailbrack and Unlock it with this software

plz help

DUDE use the search button. you will never get help posting questions randomly on this site.

hopefully this program addresses alot of the issues with winpwn and quikpwn.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quickpwn and soon Winpwn 2.5 and now this, finally an advantage of being on windows and no more waiting for us

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wtf man thats a bit harsh on zibri

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very good idea. if it is as easy as Ziphone was, then i cannot wait.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its pronounced EX-Iphone and the site its coming from is iunlocked.org

Rip
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ardalan View Post
    can I update my 1.0.4 iphone to 2.0.2 and Active ,jailbrack and Unlock it with this software?

can I update my 1.0.4 iphone to 2.0.2 and Active ,jailbreak and Unlock it with this software?

plz help
    This software isn't out yet, AFSAIK.

Just follow this tutorial and all will be well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rip For This Useful Post:

ardalan (08-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hah... I do t see why this is necessary if winpwn and quickpwn are out..?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Conn18's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't trust it O.o

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

Thanks

i dont why people keep bashing Zibri. I think the guy is genius and very smart.
    I'm no noob at this iphone/ipod touch Jn and unlock stuff.
    I think ziphone was an excellent piece of software. i still have a 2g iphone on 1.1.4 and i always use ziphone on it. NEVER EVER had a sing problem with ziphone.
    I think he did a good job at that,even if people say he stole the code.
    Dev Team is very awesome also. There advancement is greatly appreciated i this field.
    I think anyone who helps us out in this area of Jail breaking/ unlocking should not be bashed upon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Once again this is not ZiPhone nor is it related by any means. This is an alternate to Winpwn and QuickPwn. The main goal is to have it be a community driven piece of software.

maz
    Thanks

//Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Remember when things on windows used to be difficult and ages behind OS X releases? Soon to enter the fray currently occupied by WinPwn and
    QuickPwn will be XiPhone.

Why another one? The developers of XiPhone would like to address the primary flaws that exist in both QuickPwn and WinPwn. Both curret programs lack lack the backing of the Windows API as well as the backing of a real development environment. XiPhone is based on XPWN and looks like it will become a nice alternative assisting Windows users in freeing the iPhone / iPod Touch.

Features:
    • Auto downloading of stock firmware files from apple’s site (no need to hunt for it then select it)
    • Wizard based modern GUI (created with .net 2.0), and Vista Style UI.
    • Export of firmware settings so users can pass around an XML file which contains a configuration that works for them.
    • Auto updates to the XiPhone software.
    • Automatic conversion of images to PNG format
    • Saving of configurations to XML format for fast loading.
    • Community based wallpapers used for bootscreen, Restore screen and others
    • Enabling / Disabling of options available based on the device you select.

Now XiPhone would like you're help with some friendly feedback and suggestions for their project. Post 'em up folks!

You might want to consider the name, search XiPhone on iPodTouchFans and you'll see there is already an app in the same name, I'd call this AiPhone or something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    i dont why people keep bashing Zibri. I think the guy is genius and very smart.
    I'm no noob at this iphone/ipod touch Jn and unlock stuff.
    I think ziphone was an excellent piece of software. i still have a 2g iphone on 1.1.4 and i always use ziphone on it. NEVER EVER had a sing problem with ziphone.
    I think he did a good job at that,even if people say he stole the code.
    Dev Team is very awesome also. There advancement is greatly appreciated i this field.
    I think anyone who helps us out in this area of Jail breaking/ unlocking should not be bashed upon.
    Young padawan you have so much to learn...

Stealing other people's ideas and code and saying that you are the one "working hard" on it and that it takes up all your time and you need donations and ads on your site to pay for the time you are spending but really you are just making money off of people by scamming them is usually considered "shady". If you think Zibri is "great" for the community and that "ziphone never gave you a problem" then you are a "noob at this iphone/ipod touch Jn and unlock stuff" I'm sure since you aren't a noob as you say you meant JB... as in jailbreak.

To me, people who are influential in the community but aren't necessarily involved with the "dev team" are people like geohotz. He was the absolute first person to jailbreak an iphone and he is a genious. Even he pokes fun at zibri because zibri is a total douche bag. Another very influential person that I rely upon to give me my JB app fix is BigBoss. I was going to write out all the reasons why ZiPhone sucks but looks like he already did. Check out his blog:

» Why Avoid Ziphone? - iPhone News & Review

Excerpt:
    "But Ziphone works fine for me? Why should I avoid it?"

I hear this all the time. It’s simple. Ziphone does permanent changes to your phone. Zibri is a terrible coder that stole most the exploits for ZiPhone and did not create them. Zibri admits that he cannot code. Ziphone does work most of the time. But when it does not work, you are most likely left with an unfixable brick. Other jailbreak software such as iLiberty+, Pwnage, will not leave you with a brick. Everything they do can be reverted safely. This means if they fail on you, you just restore and try again. No harm done.

With ziphone, your damage is permanent. It’s a crap shoot. It may work 9 times out of 10, but on that 10th time that it fails out, you can expect to be purchasing a new iPhone. Sounds great right? Indeed, this is so common that the term “ziphoned” actually has meaning (a bricked phone caused by ZiPhone). Check out the google search on the term and see the problems for yourself."
    And if you think this is all "made up" and just some crazy elaborate scheme to give Zibri a bad name then you have your head so far up his *** there is no help for you. I have a close friend who actually had this problem and could not fix it no matter how many restores he tried. He had to return his phone because of ZiPhone. Don't give your opinion on something you know nothing about.

The moment I saw that this was named XiPhone I wanted to laugh/cry. Very poor choice of a name. I don't care how you are supposed to pronounce it. BUT, awesome job on the actual program and I'm glad Zibri has NOTHING to do with it.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 08-25-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable