Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The XiPhone Project [Windows]

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    Excerpt:
    "But Ziphone works fine for me? Why should I avoid it?"

I hear this all the time. It’s simple. Ziphone does permanent changes to your phone. Zibri is a terrible coder that stole most the exploits for ZiPhone and did not create them. Zibri admits that he cannot code. Ziphone does work most of the time. But when it does not work, you are most likely left with an unfixable brick. Other jailbreak software such as iLiberty+, Pwnage, will not leave you with a brick. Everything they do can be reverted safely. This means if they fail on you, you just restore and try again. No harm done.

With ziphone, your damage is permanent. It’s a crap shoot. It may work 9 times out of 10, but on that 10th time that it fails out, you can expect to be purchasing a new iPhone. Sounds great right? Indeed, this is so common that the term “ziphoned” actually has meaning (a bricked phone caused by ZiPhone). Check out the google search on the term and see the problems for yourself."

And if you think this is all "made up" and just some crazy elaborate scheme to give Zibri a bad name then you have your head so far up his *** there is no help for you. I have a close friend who actually had this problem and could not fix it no matter how many restores he tried. He had to return his phone because of ZiPhone. Don't give your opinion on something you know nothing about.

The moment I saw that this was named XiPhone I wanted to laugh/cry. Very poor choice of a name. I don't care how you are supposed to pronounce it. BUT, awesome job on the actual program and I'm glad Zibri has NOTHING to do with it.
    I had to learn this the hard way, back when I first got my 2G iphone I used ziphone to JB my phone and what I got was a expensive paperweight. Lucky for me I managed to completely mess up the phone and have it stuck in dfu then bring it to the apple store and have them replace it for me. Since then I decided to to research zibri and his ziphone software to see if I had made any fatal mistakes and what I found was truly enlightening. Since I'm not a noob when it comes to modding phones and am patient enough to read all directions before trying anything it was a relief to find out how bad a coder zibri was and how many other people had the same problem using this P.O.S. ziphone software. Once I found out that Zibri stole all of his information and codes and is a shady person with little or no experience in coding who basically through together a software that's either hit or miss (hit being JB and unlock work, miss being iphone is permanently bricked) I have never once again used or suggested his software to anyone. ZiPhone blows, so does Zibri.

As for this XiPhone software I am looking forward to seeing it released. It's nice that us windows users are starting to have more options for JB, and hopefully an Unlocking solution is soon to follow.

What is really so important in a name? The name i develop under is Kinetic-X hence the 'XiPhone' Name. Honestly i dont really care if people like or hate the name the name dosent determine if software is of quality.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

whats the point? Dev Team has the hacking community on lock right now (Pwnage Toool,QuickPwn,WinPwn). Why would we need this one?. Its like having a chocolate ice cream with 2 cones.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

ALL POSTING...

This thread is not for bashing! Why everyone wants to be hating on new or additional software is beyond me aside from wanting an excuse to complain about something... Hope you are all not the same whiners that were begging for a GUI or update to the soft to JB your phone because you couldnt wait or you updated and locked your phone... Some of these posts are down right rude! Look when you go to a supermarket ist it nice to have options? Thank you...

So I say bring on the new! In fact I would love to help beta test.
    Now for what was asked;

- the name is fine by me as long as there is not another with the same spelling... EX-iPhone is catchie.

- I would like to see a embeded help file with instructions and or possible work arounds to error codes.

- As an added bonus perhaps make the steps fool proof with what each does and why.. I know this is very elementry but!!! Have you read some of the posts for help on this site... exmple I give you the DFU errors people were having. Also people dont know what and why's on the bootloader versions...

- I like the auto update and the fact that its inline with Vista. I do think the auto update should be user interfaced with the option to check. For thoes of us that may want to stay with a particular version...

- One last request that would be NICE... An option to completely back-up the iPhone... added programs and all... Kinda like clone or an image. that would be a nice option...

Again thanks for the effort in giving us yet another product to choose from for our JB/Unlocking needs. Much appreciated!!!

DK

2G 16gig -- 2.0.2 unlocked / JB
    3G -- 2.0.02 unlocked (sim prgrm) / JB

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    whats the point? Dev Team has the hacking community on lock right now (Pwnage Toool,QuickPwn,WinPwn). Why would we need this one?. Its like having a chocolate ice cream with 2 cones.
    I don't know about you guys but I like having options even if I may not use them. I think a little competition between programmers is a good thing. It makes you think of how to be better than the other guys. I personally like WinPwn it does what I need it to do. You all have your favorites, but at least give it a once over. There may be one little detail that you just like better than the others. Or there may not be, but at least you have other options to use.

Thanks

Let's keep it on topic folks, thanks.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jikoo View Post
    You might want to consider the name, search XiPhone on iPodTouchFans and you'll see there is already an app in the same name, I'd call this AiPhone or something
    Is it the same app by the same ppl? NO WAY?!?!?!??!?!?!!

I don't usually point out so much fail as I tend to keep my composure and patience in the light of stupidity but seriously folks, out of the 40 or so posts i have read in the last 5 mins around 18 have been just pathetic.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

dale1v (08-27-2008), kuhndsn (08-25-2008)

Thanks

Just 18? I'd say that marks this thread out as a success!
    To live, you have to lie

well, i downloaded this new "alt" to winpwn jus to see the app open (my iphone is already owned to the dev team) but it didnt open, gave me an error...dont want to mess with it as the quickpwn was faster and open on the first go...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

i rather stick to dev team's work, thx though

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    well, i downloaded this new "alt" to winpwn jus to see the app open (my iphone is already owned to the dev team) but it didnt open, gave me an error...dont want to mess with it as the quickpwn was faster and open on the first go...
    Where did you get a copy of he pgrm? I was under the impression that it was not yet available...

So ill release the application when its done if people like it thats cool if people dont thats cool too. Im done defending this from useless bashing. gheez no wonder not much exists out there seems like tons of people whine and complain for things that are free....

Thanks

You can do that with Pwnage tool 2.0.2, its in the downloads section.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iThinkpad View Post
    It's based on XPwn, hence the "X"iPhone. Been quite amused how this has turned into Zibri bashing since this has nothing to do with Ziphone except for a single letter.

I applaud a bit of healthy competition. It only means that in the end we the consumer will end up with better, more stable solutions.
    Last edited by imode; 08-25-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Hope a unlocking tool comes sooon.
    So when is it gonna launch?

It looks like it will be pretty cool but if it comes out after winpwn 2.5 (Which is coming out tomorrow) then there will be no use for it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah there will be a use for folks who cant seem to build custom ipsw's and pwn their phones correctly.
    I am extremely excited for WinPwn 2.5 , I still will give this a go just to compare to everything else.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks guys, firstly it is not coming from iunlocked.org but it's coming from it's own domain name. Secondly it was orignally going to be called AiPhone but my friend suggested to the dev to call it XiPhone as it soudnds similar to ZiPhone and he does aim to make it look like a ZiPhone.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

What about "MiPhone" ??? Catchy?!!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast