Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] iPod Touch Firmware 2.1 and iTunes 8 in 3-4 Weeks

damn it i wont be able to use any of those features. Is google maps restricted to the US only? or can i change the location to Bangladesh somehow? I saw Maps were available on the web for my country, i dont need step by step features, it would be cool to see where i am as i dont know the names of all the streets

Hey can u get us a copy of Itunes 8 so we can see how it is? just a thought

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

google maps supports the entire planet, but I'm not sure about the LocateMe feature (for 2g phones) and/or gps feature (for 3g). The locateme uses a combination of cell tower triangulation and wifi hot-spots to get a fairly good idea of where you are.

Thanks

I think Street view would complete google maps on the iPhone

Sounds exciting.

I won't hold my breath for mms.

This is supposed to happen on Tuesday then?

Thanks

exciiiiited

why people want mms so bad . That's old school we have emails. If you don't have an email capable phone by now .... Sss

Thanks

if we could send more than 1 pic at a time it would be better but the phone takes so long to open up the photo's, find which you want to send, send to email takes a few secs, wait for it to send.....

all this would have taken 1/2 the time with MMS and PLUUUUSSSS, not everyone has pimp phones like we do that get emails

Quote Originally Posted by DuRo View Post
    why people want mms so bad . That's old school we have emails. If you don't have an email capable phone by now .... Sss
    Because everyone that doeskin have an iphone has mms lol. Its one of those features that the crappy free phones have and why this awesome 400$ plus phone doesn't.
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Hopefully mods will ban vinny for making **** up. If you actually are an apple dev why not post a vid? You're already breaking the nda by talking about it. 2.1 will come and go and none of the features you mentioned will be in it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there have been multiple sources to back vinny. Google it!

maybe so , but he says that the 2g phone will now have gps!!! That's like saying the next 2.1 will give the iPod touch speakers ! Lmao you need a chip for gps, don't you ? I don't dout the other alligations he has posted maybe we will see copy and paste and wireless sync not a bad thing to live in hope

I've heard the release date is today (Firmware 2.1 & iTunes) - can anyone confirm this??

Quote Originally Posted by andyjoneski View Post
    maybe so , but he says that the 2g phone will now have gps!!! That's like saying the next 2.1 will give the iPod touch speakers ! Lmao you need a chip for gps, don't you ? I don't dout the other alligations he has posted maybe we will see copy and paste and wireless sync not a bad thing to live in hope
    He already said that it will be GPS using Edge and Wifi. In other words, it will improve what the iphone does already. I wouldn't be surprised if what he said is true, its nothing impossible you know.

iPhone 2.1 announced just now.

10:49AM "This is a big update, it fixes lots of bugs. Fewer dropped calls, big battery life improvements. No crashes with Apps. Backing up is faster."

10:49AM "Some great new performance enhancements... free to all owners, available this Friday."

Taken from Engadget live blog.

Thanks

hope it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman1 View Post
    there have been multiple sources to back vinny. Google it!
    Very little he said panned out, which anyone could have easily guessed like fixing the bugs that people's been complaining about (like slow backups and stability issues). No new itunes 8 design, no mms, no copy/paste, no push, no gps, no nothing.

Hopefully the mods start banning people for making up ****. All it does is make MMi become a source of rumors instead of a reputable iPhone community.

Just my 2 cents for those of u mad about the "lies" lmao!! In the first post it says how wrong he has been in the past so how could u even call it a lie when what was said was just some bs exageration in the first place?

yeah just read the article

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12