+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer 4.0b6 and New Updated Repository Code

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Does anyone have screenshots of the new installer? Also, in order for me to abandon Cydia and move to installer again it needs to: Have BSD Subsystem available for 2.0.2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone have screenshots of the new installer?

Also, in order for me to abandon Cydia and move to installer again it needs to:
    • Have BSD Subsystem available for 2.0.2
    • Have Open SSH available
    • Have most other apps available

I couldn't find BSD or SSH before, are they included now?

Thanks

OpenSSH is in Cydia. With cydia installed BSD is not needed. It will never be ported.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickmc01 View Post
    OpenSSH is in Cydia. With cydia installed BSD is not needed. It will never be ported.
    Yes, but if installer ever wants to compete with Cydia, it will need to find a solution for this. I don't want 2 apps that do the same thing (Cydia and Installer). So for the moment it will just be Cydia.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anybody else's icon for Installer a bit lower than all the other icons??
    And also of topic but is anybody's Super Monkey Ball icon also smaller than other icons.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Default Installer 4. what ever it is now
    This is the funniest post I've seen in a while.... All those people crying about Installer... Well I've updated just to stay on board and let me tell you this App still way to slow and sucks!! I bet everyone that was saying they hated Cydia weeks before the ripDEV release still has Cydia installed. Funny thing is, look how long they have had to get Installer right. I once again have to say thanks to Jay Freeman a.k.a. Saurik developer of Cydia! This is truly the best App Installer program for the 2.0 era... Good Luck to everyone still trying to work out the kinks with the Installer App as a long time user I will still tinker with it to... But I was wanting to see if anyone was real and would finally man up when they said Cydia sucked.. Relax JK

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by upstateiphone View Post
    This is the funniest post I've seen in a while.... All those people crying about Installer... Well I've updated just to stay on board and let me tell you this App still way to slow and sucks!! I bet everyone that was saying they hated Cydia weeks before the ripDEV release still has Cydia installed. Funny thing is, look how long they have had to get Installer right. I once again have to say thanks to Jay Freeman a.k.a. Saurik developer of Cydia! This is truly the best App Installer program for the 2.0 era... Good Luck to everyone still trying to work out the kinks with the Installer App as a long time user I will still tinker with it to... But I was wanting to see if anyone was real and would finally man up when they said Cydia sucked.. Relax JK

OK so you've made your opinion perfectly clear here and in the other thread for the updated installer... but since you forget that installer 4 is STILL in beta..just like Cydia was when it was ported to 2.0 . Installer has been out for maybe 2 week, it's not going to be 100%, which is why it is being tested by all of us... give the Dev team a few more weeks and I'm sure that more of the kinks will be out...but like its been stated here 100 TIMES this is still a beta program...and the reason its out as a beta is cause the Dev team need us to tell them what is wrong with the program so they can fix it!! so stop craping on installer just because its not perfect yet...cause Cydia wasn't perfect either when it came out.

Thanks

Ok so I guess we have our first pro-Installer coming forward.... Not sure where you have been but there has been a beta available since about 8/3-8/5 ish if you knew where to look. Also to be honest Cydia didn't have half of the problems installer does. To be clear here I'm not "crapping on installer" only the time in which it has taken to work on the bugs and still finding plenty more in this release. Like the second poster to this thread said " I WISH THEY WOULDN'T RELEASE BETA VERSIONS TO ALL PUBLIC".... Ohhh and to the 100 times comment thanks for telling me because the other 99 times I read it I forgot it was beta.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

oh dear please forgive me for being off by a week

and its not cause I'm pro Installer, i'm just more open minded then you are.. i use both Cydia and Installer...they both do the same thing..just one is now being tested then the other..but they both serve the same function and when all the bugs are fixed from installer it will be just as great as it use to be.

Thanks

Im on Installer 4.0b4-4. Whats the update procedure to this version? When I select Installer inside of Installer, there is no install/upgrade option.

Also, just my 2 cents. This whole installer vs. cydia fanboy war is beyond retarded. If you dont like one, dont use it. Seriously, no one cares if you hate one or the other. These apps are both run to improve the iphone/touch community. If that alone doesnt make you appreciate their work the least you can do is keep your flaming to yourself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toothy17 View Post
    re boot it and it will work
    still nothing working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ever have one of those days where you feel like everyone is speaking Swahili?
    Really, I am starting to feel like I am just going crazy or something . . . but I can't figure out how to install Installer.

I have googled it, I have searched this site, I have installed every Cydia repo I can find and searched the ENTIRE list of available packages in Cydia (which took an hour), and nothing.

Googling gives me dozens of "hey, it's released! Woohoo!" stuff, but no actual, ya know, "this is where you can get it" stuff.

These forums are packed with people who have gotten it and commented on it, but again, no actual information on HOW to get it.

It's like being the only teenager at a party where everyone is smoking pot. Everyone else has it, they all seem to have common knowledge of where to get it, they all talk about what it's like, but you just don't know any dealers. ARGH!

So, I never thought I would need it dumbed down, but . . . can somebody dumb it down for me and explain, using small words, plenty of pictures and various hand gestures, how and where I can get the current version of installer? I can't just upgrade, because I don't have the original version anymore since I went to the 2.0 firmware.

Thanks

Sounds like you don't have it installed. So to answer your questions re-pwn and click the Installer and Cydia features to install Installer and cydia.

Windows version step by step---> iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows) [Updated]

Mac step by step----> iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]

These are very user friendly how to's... I take no credit.. After you install the installer you should see the update if not reboot your phone.
    Good Luck!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ah, no way to add it on without re-pwning?

Thanks

There are some links out there you can try to download, but that would be the old beta version I would imagine you could try to update their just add the rip source.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ridiculous! Why not just throw the update on the installer? I got too much stuff on my phone to sit here and pwn it again. Anyway to get this on the installer at all?

Thanks

the update is on installer it is located in the Updated Section on installer. No need to add any new sources.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Screen shots
    Here is a couple screen shots. Im in the process of updating all the available sources. Still buggy... bad shot. Fine after reboot. Open SSH, Open SSL and UNIX Sub are up there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Installer 4.0b6 and New Updated Repository Code-iphone-020.png   Installer 4.0b6 and New Updated Repository Code-iphone-021.png   Installer 4.0b6 and New Updated Repository Code-iphone-022.png   Installer 4.0b6 and New Updated Repository Code-iphone-023.png   Installer 4.0b6 and New Updated Repository Code-iphone-024.png   Installer 4.0b6 and New Updated Repository Code-iphone-025.png  

Thanks

Please also note that this is Beta. It will be buggy and thats why programs have betas. To get the bugs out to help make a better product. If you dont like it, no one is forcing anyone to use it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davethegreat View Post
    Really, I am starting to feel like I am just going crazy or something . . . but I can't figure out how to install Installer.

I have googled it, I have searched this site, I have installed every Cydia repo I can find and searched the ENTIRE list of available packages in Cydia (which took an hour), and nothing.

Googling gives me dozens of "hey, it's released! Woohoo!" stuff, but no actual, ya know, "this is where you can get it" stuff.

These forums are packed with people who have gotten it and commented on it, but again, no actual information on HOW to get it.

It's like being the only teenager at a party where everyone is smoking pot. Everyone else has it, they all seem to have common knowledge of where to get it, they all talk about what it's like, but you just don't know any dealers. ARGH!

So, I never thought I would need it dumbed down, but . . . can somebody dumb it down for me and explain, using small words, plenty of pictures and various hand gestures, how and where I can get the current version of installer? I can't just upgrade, because I don't have the original version anymore since I went to the 2.0 firmware.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXbdCYy4-Q]YouTube - Installer 4.0 Beta[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have restarted my phone 4 times, and refreshed my sources close to 10 times and still have no update for the installer. Scrolled through "all programs" probably 20 times just in case the update didn't automatically register. What's the problem?