+ Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder - Superior Free Video Recorder for 3G and 2.x

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
yo warning to the not so wise...do not video the sun or point the camera at bright lights when recording it could harm your camera i didnt do this madness
    Green Apple
    Thanks

yo warning to the not so wise...do not video the sun or point the camera at bright lights when recording it could harm your camera i didnt do this madness but some people might there should be a little warning: do not point at lights while filming somwhere just a heads up it shouldnt destory the thing but it might hurt it in the long run

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent revolt View Post
    yo warning to the not so wise...do not video the sun or point the camera at bright lights when recording it could harm your camera i didnt do this madness but some people might there should be a little warning: do not point at lights while filming somwhere just a heads up it shouldnt destory the thing but it might hurt it in the long run

Maybe my ignorance but i've never heard such a thing.. Care to explain the etiology of the damage here?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. I actually tried to put Cycorder in the App Store: after waiting over a month for Apple to even acknowledge my application I'm giving up.

One question I'd have: why do you say "unsupported"? App Store applications are supported in the same way as those you get from any other source: via their developers. Apple can't (and doesn't) mandate any specific performance metrics on the support you get from an App Store application.

I'm glad someone noticed that ;P. That was a feature I added at the last second. I originally targeted Cycorder to be sold in App Store, and running when you close is definitely verboten in that context (although, really, using device drivers and the camera buffers is as well, but I figured I'd limit the arguments against it).

I then worked on other things for a month while I waited for Apple to tell me if I could get it in App Store, and when I gave up I decided "what's a cute jailbreak-only feature I could add?". It /does/ provide at least some feedback, though, by adding a "REC" badge over the Cycorder icon if its recording in the background.

Yeah, I definitely accept donations ;P. (To be quite frank, I'm not certain why that would be a feature: someone who decides to kill himself to build things and refuses to accept any compensation, even though compensation would let him do more of what he's doing and be more effective while doing it, and even when that compensation is freely donated... I'd argue that such a person is just stupid and is hurting everyone by turning down that resource.)
    Thanks so much, I am patiently awaiting audio and ready to donate

Best video reorder hands down!!!! Quality is amazing!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How doe the add model work? do i have to click on it for saurik to receive compensation? I'd just do that a couple times a day if necessary to help out.

Or do i just have to have the program on?
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I somehow missed this in the original post, but this would be the sh-t......

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Saurik mentioned he's looking at ways to even have the videos show up in your iPod Videos list once recorded in Cycorder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'd like the OPTION to do that, but wouldn't want them in there automatically.

Quite happy having them in Cycorder for now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone playboii's Avatar
    Thanks

i had quite alot of fun with this application this weekend! can't wait for audio!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Can you please please please update and make this compatible with app flow. Im seriously begging

Thanks

In theory and practice h264 has superior quality over mjpeg. Only way that it may seem better is either a placebo effect or iphonevideorecorder's encoding scheme isn't efficient.

Thanks

ok so I understand you can ssh into the phone to get the movies. Isn't there away to have these show up like pictures do when you first plug the phone in? Maybe have the pic and movies be in the same or different folders but giving you an easier solution to retrieving the clips.
    Great app don't get me wrong. Just would make more sense.

Thanks

GREAT app!!!! Is it possible to include a function that allows you to zoom in?????

Green Apple
    Thanks

can someone provide the 'Cycorder.app" (with proper permissions); had issues loading Cydia, and now broke it completely :-(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent revolt;
    With tube based video cameras you couldn't do this because you would literally burn a blue spot into anything you shot with this camera from then on. Once CCD cameras came out, you could get away with this.

Show me a technical analysis of this weakness as it applies to cell phone cameras and I'll believe it.
    Hmm...

Developer
    Thanks

Default Compare it Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by loujob View Post
    In theory and practice h264 has superior quality over mjpeg. Only way that it may seem better is either a placebo effect or iphonevideorecorder's encoding scheme isn't efficient.
    I will not claim to know much about h.264. All I can say is that IVR has the following problems: 1) color balance is off (kind of reddish) 2) picture is very grainy and artifact-y 3) it doesn't handle sudden lighting changes well. It sounds, from your statement, like you haven't actually looked at it yourself (or you'd be making statements more like "IVR's video quality is actually just as good" rather than statements like "the algorithm IVR is using should be just as good" ;P).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks
    works great

Thanks

I am totally wowed by this app. Thanks Saurik! Sound and a zoom would make it 110% perfect.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you Saurik for a wonderful application!

Thanks

You can't have zoom to this it will look like garbage. Just look at snapture zoom that's how it will turn out too. So leave zoom out.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    You can't have zoom to this it will look like garbage. Just look at snapture zoom that's how it will turn out too. So leave zoom out.
    Ya all zoom does is take a smaller part of what the cam sees and stretch it. The iPhone's cam is not capable of optic zoom.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    ...a zoom would make it 110% perfect.
    You could try this!

DealExtreme: $14.09 Conice 6x18 Zoom Attachment for iPhone