Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder - Superior Free Video Recorder for 3G and 2.x

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    If this happens again, you don't have to ssh into the phone to get your apps to show back up. I had the same problem and just went to settings and reset all settings and all my apps came back to springboard and i was able to fix from there. As for appflow, great app but buggy still. I messed up by also hiding poof but after resetting all settings, my apps all reappeared.
    Yea I didn't think of that... Thanks for the advice.

As far as these two apps not playing nice with each other, anybody got a solution?

heres a trick you can do with the cycorder.. Found it out by mistake anyway you can record even when the screen is off by just pressing the power botton its still recording so make sure you guys shut off the recorder the right way or you be wondering why you have no space left.. I kind of like it when the screen is off and i can still record without my friend knowing.. i like it more and more...

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conn18 View Post
    Wow. The owner of MMi can't correctly use an apostrophe. Damn.

HAHA.... *cough* BAN *cough*!

+1 to poisedon ban the noob

Default Cycorder for App Store
    Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    This is promising, however...

He say's this version is supported by adverts, and that the next version (with sound) will most likely cost money.

Personally, I don't mind spending money on App Store Apps, but I'm worried by the fragile nature of jailbreak apps, and how they are unsupported.

Is there anything that prevents apps like these being released to the App store?
    Unfortunately, yes. I actually tried to put Cycorder in the App Store: after waiting over a month for Apple to even acknowledge my application I'm giving up.

One question I'd have: why do you say "unsupported"? App Store applications are supported in the same way as those you get from any other source: via their developers. Apple can't (and doesn't) mandate any specific performance metrics on the support you get from an App Store application.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    heres a trick you can do with the cycorder.. Found it out by mistake anyway you can record even when the screen is off by just pressing the power botton its still recording so make sure you guys shut off the recorder the right way or you be wondering why you have no space left.. I kind of like it when the screen is off and i can still record without my friend knowing.. i like it more and more...
    I'm glad someone noticed that ;P. That was a feature I added at the last second. I originally targeted Cycorder to be sold in App Store, and running when you close is definitely verboten in that context (although, really, using device drivers and the camera buffers is as well, but I figured I'd limit the arguments against it).

I then worked on other things for a month while I waited for Apple to tell me if I could get it in App Store, and when I gave up I decided "what's a cute jailbreak-only feature I could add?". It /does/ provide at least some feedback, though, by adding a "REC" badge over the Cycorder icon if its recording in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy_1 View Post
    I think i read somewhere that he's not eve acceptin donations for his work .. The guy is amazin.. Cydia is a masterpiece of an app. Wut will he code next?......
    Yeah, I definitely accept donations ;P. (To be quite frank, I'm not certain why that would be a feature: someone who decides to kill himself to build things and refuses to accept any compensation, even though compensation would let him do more of what he's doing and be more effective while doing it, and even when that compensation is freely donated... I'd argue that such a person is just stupid and is hurting everyone by turning down that resource.)
    Last edited by saurik; 08-24-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

brady_f (08-24-2008), RompaRoomGang (08-25-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    One question I'd have: why do you say "unsupported"? App Store applications are supported in the same way as those you get from any other source: via their developers. Apple can't (and doesn't) mandate any specific performance metrics on the support you get from an App Store application.
    I'm thinking he meant 'supported' as in if something goes wrong, apple won't void the warranty.
    I find that justification weak though, seeing as you can usually reverse all changes you make anyways.
    Last edited by 461am; 08-24-2008 at 12:54 AM. Reason: epic confusion.

yeah i was wondering why it said rec on top of the icon and i found out why... Its great love how it does that will that work when u finnaly ad sound as well i hope it does.. Hey if i have to pay for it i will just keep up the great work man...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

where are the videos stored? id like to transfer some

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

private/var/mobile/media/videos

/var/mobile/media/videos

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Saurik, You rock
    Only audio, renaming, and emailing needed. THis is an awesome app. Easy to use and the quality is outstanding

Keep up wth good work.
    Donation on the way!!
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

just want to say thanks to this great apps, video quality is great, much better than iphonevideorecorder. kudo.

I too want to say thanks. This Cycorder is really great.

Not trying to be greedy but is it possible that you could build a zoom feature in this application?

Much better than Qik where you have to go online to see your videos. Sound would be nice tho.

amazing. easy to use, interface is great

will there be a way to let the videos show up in the video folder in iPod? Great app btw!

It's so good that make me feel guilty using it for free.

So, can anyone point out where can I donate him?
    Already went to his site but link doesn't seem to work.

this app will always be free. He never charges. It will be for Cydia only no app store

The donation link (takes you to Paypal) is working for me, just tested it. I used it a couple of weeks ago to thank him for Cydia and Winterboard

Saurik's apps are awesome. Can't wait to see the full version of Cycorder (and probably donate some more).

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast