+ Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder - Superior Free Video Recorder for 3G and 2.x

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Dont seem to work with the new 3GS device, just installed it, when i open the app, it closes automatically... Help plz?
    Thanks
    Dont seem to work with the new 3GS device, just installed it, when i open the app, it closes automatically...

Help plz?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shahed26 View Post
    Dont seem to work with the new 3GS device, just installed it, when i open the app, it closes automatically...

Help plz?
    Not sure why; but my guess would be that its conflicting with the 3GS's built-in recorder. You do realize that that your NEW 3GS has a built in recorder in the camera app???? Why would you want to use cycorder??? In my opinion; the built in recorder on the 3GS beats the cycorder hands down on stability in recordings.

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ugshotgun For This Useful Post:

shahed26 (07-21-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Not sure why; but my guess would be that its conflicting with the 3GS's built-in recorder. You do realize that that your NEW 3GS has a built in recorder in the camera app???? Why would you want to use cycorder??? In my opinion; the built in recorder on the 3GS beats the cycorder hands down on stability in recordings.

Chris
    Thanks for your reply, i thought this would offer more features and maybe better video quality (better video format) compare to the 3gs built in one.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'll be getting that 4sure

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Works perfect for me with firmware 3.0 with audio support.
    Last edited by javiert30; 08-16-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This was probably asked on a page I missed and might be a dumb question, however.

Is there anyway to get the recorded video's off the iphone, am i missing some extra package or is it just not possible.

ty

NVM i found it, it was on a page i missed.
    Last edited by ja69067; 08-02-2009 at 06:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i downloaded to my i phone 3gs 3.0 but the screen goes blank back to the springboard any tips that i my been doing wrong or an alternative download source same question for the nes sreen goes blank to the springboard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quetzal 11 View Post
    i downloaded to my i phone 3gs 3.0 but the screen goes blank back to the springboard any tips that i my been doing wrong or an alternative download source same question for the nes sreen goes blank to the springboard
    Cycorder, I believe, does not work on the 3GS - why would you wan t it when the 3GS has a better video recorder built in?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got this and it rocks i fall in love with myphone once again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol thanks

Thanks

Works great if we had the option to send file via email it would be perfect

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    Works great if we had the option to send file via email it would be perfect
    Its an inefficient way, but if you go into a Finder-type app, you can find the .mov file and then email it from there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ja69067 View Post

Is there anyway to get the recorded video's off the iphone, am i missing some extra package or is it just not possible.
    This was my question as well. I would like to upload the files to either directly to YouTube or to my PC. Thanks for any help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi to every one

Thanks

FYI: Cycorder videos off your iphone to email-Download Pixelpipe Free app from App Store then Download PPVenabler from cydia. Open Pixelpipe and you will set up you free account make sure you select your email address as upload destination just in case you want to edit or mod your mov file Next Open the PPenabler app and select ON for the top option then close Next go to Settings and scroll down until you see Pixelpipe and select yes or on to reset then press home button. Note-You can direct your videos and pictures to upload anywhere setting up in Pixelpipe. Personally, I send to my email address first before I upload from the laptop to youtube myspace etc. Click Thanks if I helped you.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikerlx For This Useful Post:

harveydean (10-28-2009), iresqu911 (11-11-2009), Pitbull2o08 (02-01-2010)

Thanks

^Those instructions also work for anyone wanting to upload cycorder vids direct to YouTube/Facebook etc
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Pitbull2o08 (02-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's great, I just have a problem with it.

I installed it from Cydia. When I try to open the app the black screen comes up then BANG, the app just closes down.

Any solutions?

EDIT: Does this work with iPhone 3GS ?
    Last edited by Adio2200; 10-29-2009 at 07:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hello
    Quality on the videos is much higher than iPhone Video Recorder's movies, due to Saurik's use of MJPEG compression - the same compression used in the majority of point and shoot digital camera's with video support. Oh, and there is no waiting 3 times as long as your video length after you record before the video compresses and lets you watch it (as Showtime did, in 1.x firmwares - its not yet out for 2.x iPhones) - when you finish recording a video with Cycorder, you can immediately play the video back.

The video playback list has a slick first-frame thumbnail shown for each video you've taken, vs just a listing of the time's of each video as competing video recorders have (MUCH easier to tell which video is which - if you record several videos in an evening or day, the times really don't help you much at all later).

Videos are recorded at 384x288, a 4x3 aspect ratio. Depending on how well lit the area is, videos are recorded at between 6-15 fps. Saurik notes that the large variance of fps is due to the iPhone camera, which when video is recorded is basically taking pictures as fast as it can and when you take those photos the camera has to open its shutter, let in the light that makes up the photo, and close the shutter. The less light, the longer it takes to do that. So, better lighting equals higher quality fps, and therefore smoother videos.

The UI is done in landscape mode, and is extremely simple and easy to use - press the large center button on the right (bottom if the iPhone is held vertically) to record/stop recording, and press the small arrow to open up your playback list. Saurik mentioned he's looking at ways to even have the videos show up in your iPod Videos list once recorded in Cycorder.

Update!!!! Cycorder now includes audio

Cycorder can be downloaded now from Cydia (its on the Featured Packages list on the front page of Cydia, or in the Multimedia section. I'd definitely recommend it - the video quality is the best out there, and audio will be included shortly.[/QUOTE]