Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Record Video on Firmware 2.0

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Record Video on Firmware 2.0
    iPhone Video Recorder has been updated to work on firmware version 2.0.

Just like previous version the cost is $19.95 and you can buy it here. It records at up to 15 fps and allows upload of videos to YouTube or sharing by email.

Install Method 1: Cydia method

1) Please add iPhone Video Recorder source http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com to your Cydia installer, and install it.
    2) Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777.
    3) Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.
    4) Reboot your iPhone.

Install Method 2: Manual method

1) Download and extract the app from http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/v...rder3g.app.zip
    2) Upload your app to the /Applications folder of your iPhone.
    3) Set the permissions of the app to 755 recursively.
    4) Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777.
    5) Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.
    6) Reboot your Device.

[via iphonevideorecorder]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ipvr.png   -ipvr.2.png  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (08-22-2008), phylo515 (08-24-2008)

just tryed it out but I can't change the video quilty to best it gets highlighted bit nvr get checked. The check mark stays at default. Default not to bad but I would love high quilty.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i would like to see some footage of "best" quality and decide from there. would be nice to have that avaliable for trial purposes also. i think that is unlocked after you purchase thouhg.

as for the trial perameters, i am not buying this. not smooth at all, very jumpy. maybe it is the 15fps and maybe it is the quality settings...

anyone have "best" footage?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, LaZARuZ I noticed that too maybe that goes away once you buy it ? Not sure

yay. I'm almost ready to upgrade to 2.0+. Just a few more apps to go!

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

there are reports that if you purchased it on 1.1.4 or lower the license code still works on the 2.0 version
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Snapture was released and now this! Finally! The 2 apps that I have been waiting for since I upgraded to 2.0.

Thanks

yeah but to me the new snapture sucks... i liked the previous version.. (e.g. the zooming sucks when u have to pinch...)
    and yeah the old codes from 1.1.x still work on this version... and the quality does not improve when purchased.... hopefully with an upgrade they'll fix that. great app! missed being able to record my world around me lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

its not locked. the program is glitched. go ahead and select the middle quality and it selects the worse one for you.

glad to see this ported. cant' wait til it gets better and working fully
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

or just download Qik and stream videos and then you have them on your computer for free :P

Quote Originally Posted by tha5150 View Post
    i would like to see some footage of "best" quality and decide from there. would be nice to have that avaliable for trial purposes also. i think that is unlocked after you purchase thouhg.

as for the trial perameters, i am not buying this. not smooth at all, very jumpy. maybe it is the 15fps and maybe it is the quality settings...

anyone have "best" footage?
    Here is footage of outdoors West Palm Beach on Best, max picture size, with the orientation upright. Audio is 128 bps.

http://www.j.leonardmac.com/BestVideo.mp4

Keep in mind though that today is a very gloomy day. No good lighting.

The only problem I see from the 2.0 update is that there is no email option, only upload to YouTube. I guess you just have to drag it off with ssh. And I can't their ivrtomac application to recognize the iPhone to pull the videos off.
    Last edited by lsixecho; 08-22-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lsixecho For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (08-22-2008)

Not exactly ready for wide release - dev created a thread this morning where numerous issues are being discussed. HIGHLY recommended reading for anyone considering this purchase.

Last edited by jwcrash; 08-22-2008 at 03:00 PM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

They say on their site they are preparing to submit it to the app store...i thought you cant have app store apps anywhere else
    iLive an iLife

3) Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.
    what does that do i did it but am i post to see it on my springboard.? i see nothin..

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    They say on their site they are preparing to submit it to the app store..
    Huh...weird to release a JB version and an App Store version. I very much look forward to seeing how this works out for them. Haven't seen anyone else execute this.

Any possibility Coldrg would be willing to address this seemingly-unique situation they're in? Lots of potential customers in the MMi house!
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    Huh...weird to release a JB version and an App Store version. I very much look forward to seeing how this works out for them. Haven't seen anyone else execute this.
    Thats the thing, no one has done it because they cant, last time i checked the agreement you sign with Apple to allow them to put your app in the App Store is to not have your app available anywhere else other than the App Store, this means Cydia/Installer. So either it isnt going to be in the App Store or they are going to have to pull it from Cydia and sell it in the App Store
    iLive an iLife

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    what does that do i did it but am i post to see it on my springboard.? i see nothin..
    You have to SSH into your iPhone.

Does anyone else have problems getting back to the homescreen after installing an app from Cydia, I have to wait until the circle next to the WiFi/Edge symbol stops spinning, which takes upto 30 mins??

Just going to wait for a stable Installer. Hope it has a new icon similar to iTunes store, App Store, Cydia. That would be just awesome!!!!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    there are reports that if you purchased it on 1.1.4 or lower the license code still works on the 2.0 version

Confirmed for 1.1.4..... used same code on 2.0
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast