+ Reply
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock OTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 via Installer

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
*CORRECTION* I mentioned earlier to check MURDAACE on youtube for the simplest and easiest tutorals on how to jailbreak....the youtube user is actually spelled ACEMURDERA.....my bad lol =]
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*CORRECTION*

I mentioned earlier to check MURDAACE on youtube for the simplest and easiest tutorals on how to jailbreak....the youtube user is actually spelled ACEMURDERA.....my bad lol =]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Find app in installer, which does it, there is one like that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cky.dude For This Useful Post:

xxdanielxx (02-09-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cky.dude View Post
    Oh yeah, in Airplane mode? And could someone f***ing explain to me how am I supposed to install it in Airplane mode without Wi-fi from installer app?

lol i hear you dude....look to calm all the confusion down....there is a mh simpler way to do all this.....but you MUST have a jailbroken 1.1.3. already installed on your iphone...you simply go to installer and go to sources....add http://installer.iClarified.com, then save, now go to the install CATEGORIES....scroll down to the iClarified folder and look for "geohot unlock (1.1.2. 1.1.3 ) and install that...MAKE SURE U INSTALLED BSD SUBSYSTEM FIRST then let it run and wait about 5 minutes or maybe even less until you see message that pops ups saying unlock complete...and walla!!! you have an unlocked 1.1.3. with 4.6 bootloader =]

P.S. while the unlock is happening...your wifi will turn on and off...this is normal just ignore and let the process finish

iPhone? More like MyPhone JK1234's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=BigE2333;178528]make sure u installed bsd subsystems first, it should work with that

I did install BSD subsystem and it still is doing that, I made sure bsd subsytem was installed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an IPSF unlocked iPhone. Unlocked it when it was at 1.0.2. I am unable to use the 'Locate me' feature which I guess is due to old bootlogger. Does anyone know if IPSF solution will work on the new bootlogger? And how do I upgrade to the new bootlogger?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok im new at this, so my question might b a little stupid..
    but how do i install the devteam 1.1.3 upgrade if airplane mode is on.. dont i have to download it from the installer in my phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 1.1.2 ootb --> 1.1.3
    Is this possible?

I have a 1.1.2 ootb.
    Can I upgrade to 1.1.3 using iTunes in order to get the new modem firmware so that I can use GoogleMaps Locate Me.
    Then put in the DFU mode,
    downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak,
    install this unlock package,
    oktoprep,
    upgrade to 1.1.2 & jailbreak,
    install Dev Team upgrade to 1.1.3?

Will this work? Will I have problems with using the phone? Has anyone tried it?

I would Assume that this would be the same as going through this unlock process with a 1.1.3 ootb.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried downgrading to 1.1.1 but after installing AppTapp it doesn't reboot and fully unlock it. I'm pretty sure I made no mistakes in following the steps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jake12 View Post
    I've tried downgrading to 1.1.1 but after installing AppTapp it doesn't reboot and fully unlock it. I'm pretty sure I made no mistakes in following the steps
    You have to try it multiple times. Its take hell lot of time sometimes. Its just because of the load on that site. Just a suggestion try i.unlock.no instead of jailbreakme.com. It will work. I unlocked it few minutes before replying to you.

Okay guys finally one by one steps to do this:

1. Downgrade your phone to 1.1.1. You can find these steps in i.unlock.no
    2. Bypass activation and prepare phone for software installation
    -Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
    -On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
    -Answer the call, and tap on Hold
    -Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
    -Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is i.unlock.no. Tap Save.
    Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs. This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
    -Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, i.unlock.no
    Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Tap on Tap here to jailbreak your iPhone
    Phone will return to activation screen and after a few seconds the phone should restart.
    If the phone does not restart after waiting a full minute, please make sure that you have your phone connected to the computer and try again.
    When the phone starts again, it should no longer say slide for emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successfull! Activation is now bypassed, and phone prepared for software installation!
    3. Update the installer (if it asks to update). Install BSD subsystem.
    4. Now install the Unlock OTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 via Installer.
    5. install oktoprep from tweaks 1.1.1
    6. Upgrade to 1.1.2 via itunes. (Hold shift/options and select 1.1.2 version)
    7. Jailbreak and install SSH
    8. Install iWorld(to fix the crashing problems) and select your country.
    9. Upgrade to 1.1.3 by installing Official 1.1.3 release.

Voila...you can use any sim in the world.

Note: I used the at&t sim provided with apple iphone, so that i dont recieve any calls in between. I never turned my airplane mode on because I dont need if i am using this sim. It doesn't upgrade your Modem firmware.

1.1.3 Version
    Bootloader 4.6
    Modem - 04.02.13_G
    Last edited by akash0113; 02-09-2008 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akash0113 For This Useful Post:

jake12 (02-09-2008), raposo (02-09-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan christopher View Post
    dude chill, im a mac guy, but i was on 1.1.3 with the 1.1.3 bootloader and i tried multiple downgrades from my mac and it wouldnt do it but one attempt on my pc worked. so of course im going to tell people to try what i tried. it obviously worked. look at what im at now

and i wasnt talking about "this method" i was referring to a poster with 3.9 bootloader that kept getting error (1) on itunes.

i know you can use a mac or a pc for the 4.6 unlock
    Not the point. You can use a mac for ANY method. It's wrong to say it can't be done simply because you were not successful. I've jailbroken and unlocked more than 10 iPhones from 1.0.2 - 1.1.3 (as of yesterday 1.1.3 OTB) all on a mac without a single failure. There are too many noobs screwing up their iPhones from misinformation such as this.
    Last edited by imode; 02-09-2008 at 08:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmmhshiney View Post
    You need to install iWorld from installer. If it's not in your packages list, you can google it to find out where it is.
    i tried that only to find that iworld doesn't have Jamaica in it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I appreciate your help guys.
    Last edited by jake12; 02-09-2008 at 06:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This will probably sound stupid to you guys, but how do I install a package if I'm in airplane mode?

Thx a lot

Congrats to Mr. Hotz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have any idea how I update to 1.1.3 with bootloader 4.6. I’m currently jailbroken on 1.1.1 I don’t want to use the dev’s soft update method due to the numerous problems associated with it. Having read the entire post I can’t find any answers to my question. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I downgraded to 1.1.1 then jailbreak installed dev unlock oktoprep and then upgraded to 1.1.2. The phone was stuck in recovery mode so I use Independence to get the phone out of recovery mode I then hit activate using iNdependence and was able to get my sim card to work but now I have lost the installer I am able to make a call from a number stored in the address book and receive call but whenever I try to dial from key pad it crashes.

How do I get installer back on the phone and how do I take care of the crashing of the key pad when I try to dial.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it ok to say YES to hacktivation and NO on the restore?? Thanks
    Last edited by jake12; 02-09-2008 at 07:17 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys i have another problem i can only get calls for private number if the number is not private or blocked the phone will not ring. what can i do to fix this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Romzyt there are quite a few guides on how to fix the country problem by editing the appsupport.framework file. Here is one tutorial and it's pretty straight forward as long as your familiar with the basic hacking stuff.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=565

21. The Following User Says Thank You to crunchingnumbers For This Useful Post:

romzyt (02-09-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneWriter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil9691 View Post
    ok im new at this, so my question might b a little stupid..
    but how do i install the devteam 1.1.3 upgrade if airplane mode is on.. dont i have to download it from the installer in my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by oli911 View Post
    This will probably sound stupid to you guys, but how do I install a package if I'm in airplane mode?
    It's all about reading the directions and processing them in the correct order. FIRST, you DOWNLOAD / INSTALL the application... then, once the application icon is on your screen, you THEN GO INTO SETTINGS and PUT THE PHONE INTO AIRPLANE MODE. Once you are in Airplane Mode, THEN YOU EXECUTE (TAP) THE APPLICATION.

As always, hope this helps more than hurts.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    Not the point. You can use a mac for ANY method. It's wrong to say it can't be done simply because you were not sucessful. I've jailbroken and unlocked more than 10 iPhones from 1.0.2 upto (yesterday 1.1.3 OTB) all on a mac without a single failure. There are too many noobs screwing up their iPhones from misinformation.
    did you use a guide to do this? I'm a little scared to try it on my mac now.