Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
02-08-2008, 04:54 PM #61
!!! Make sure no one calls you on your iphone when you go through the steps!!
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I just had a person call me during the 1.1.3 official upgrader installer and... well... I answered and hung up. After that I got a blank screen.
Apparently if you have a sim that is "Unlocked" then calls becomes available after 1.1.2 is loaded.
Well, make sure you don't get any calls during the 1.1.3 update. I did and I was happy and sad at the same time. Strange. Had to start the process all over again.
Thanks all who made this possible!
02-08-2008, 05:02 PM #62
I followed everyone's guide and i have unlocked but I am stuck in 1.1.1 everytime i try to upgrade I get an error
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM #63
so does this mean that we are closer than ever to have a jailbreak that works on phones OTB 1.1.2 and OTB or updated via itunes 1.1.3 with the 4.6 bb?
What does this mean for people with original att contracts that just want to run third party apps under those conditions and not unlock the phone?
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM #64
ironic, i just received my TurboSim today in the mail after i got tired of waiting for this...
thanks anyway GeoHotz
02-08-2008, 05:10 PM #65
does anyone know if you can do this with a jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone that had never been upgraded to 1.1.2??
02-08-2008, 05:13 PM #66
02-08-2008, 05:13 PM #67Getting back to 1.1.2
Do I have to install Oktoprep before updating to 1.1.2 via iTunes???
02-08-2008, 05:16 PM #68
I have a 1.1.2 OTB iphone I downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbreaked ran the unlock package from installer then i oktoprep. Now I itunes isn't letting me update i get a error message. the phone has no signal it stay on no service when i put my sim in. Will the unlock only work in 1.1.2? can somebody please help me upgrade to 1.1.2
02-08-2008, 05:26 PM #69Google Locate Me Issue
Ok I had my 1.1.2 OTB iPhone unlocked with NextSIM and I did the Official Upgrade to 1.1.3 from the devteam and I know the issues with google because of The Official Upgrade not updating your baseband...
But now with this solution is it possible to upgrade via iTunes so i get my baseband upgraded and then doing the whole new process to get an 1.1.3 unlocked iPhone with the newest baseband and Google Locateme Button working?
Or is it that The Official Upgrade to 1.1.3 from the devteam has been updated to upgrade the baseband also?
02-08-2008, 05:44 PM #70
Just run baseband upgrader via installer and then run 1.1.2/1.1.3 OTB unlock! Thats all what yiu need.
baseband upgrader you can find when you add to sources installer.iClarified.com
but now devteams soft upgrade need to be remaked to upgrade baseband as well - there is anySIM 1.3 and software unlock for BL 4.6
actualy we need jailbreak method for updated 1.1.3 with iTunes
Last edited by cosmoLV; 02-08-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged DoublepostCountry: Latvia
Carrier: LV LMT
Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
02-08-2008, 06:07 PM #71
Hey, just to clarify, I went through the process again from the start:
- Downgrade to 1.1.1 with iTunes (Shift+Restore)
- Error 1015 - Use iBrickr 0.91 to boot the phone.
- use the *#301# method to connect to wifi, disable auto-lock and goto jailbreakme.com (I had to reboot the phone between setting up wifi and going to jailbreakme.com, going back to the emergency screen doesn't let me call *#301# again until reboot.)
- once jailbroken, install BSD Subsystem from installer
- Install 1.1.2-1.1.3 G-Unlock
- PHONE WILL NOT WORK NOW, THERE WILL BE NO SIGNAL
- Install OktoPrep from installer.
- UPGRADE via itunes, Shift+CLick Update and select the 1.1.2 file, can be obtained from post #1.
- Jailbreak with the 1.1.2-jailbreak.zip (google it, easy to find)
- Your phone is now a perfectly working software unlocked OTB 1.1.2.
- Option - Install the official 1.1.3 dev team upgrade.
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM #72
Thank you for this package! I will donate!
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM #73
I have OTB 1.1.3 16gb.
I will try this process later tonight.
My questions is, if i want to go to 1.1.3 do i have to use dev team's process or can i just update it from itunes.
If i update to 1.1.3 update from itunes directly, will this lock my phone to activate again through itunes?
I plan on having hackactivation, I don't want to be locked to Apple
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM #74
Success here.... whew! In case it will help someone else (someone who actually reads before starting things....) here's my spin.
- Day One iPhone w/3.9 Bootloader
- Unlocked with AnySIM v1.1.2u (using T-Mobile)
- Running v1.1.3 Soft Upgrade - Dev Team method w/BaseBand v4.02
- All features/applications fully functional, including Locate Me (occasional need to use Navizon to make it kick in, like after a reboot for instance.)
- Synched the iPhone with iTunes before doing anything else (just to be sure!)
- Fully charged the iPhone, before starting, and kept it plugged in the whole time.
- Used charging time to read and re-read the tutorials (see links below) to the point I almost didn't read them when I finally got the stepping through them.
- Reinstalled BSD Subsystem v2.0 (just to be sure!)
- Followed this guide to upgrade my the baseband to v4.03 - succeeded without issue.
- After successfully upgrading the baseband, Followed this guide to unlock the iPhone - again, succeeded without issue.
- Along the way, I was sure to:
- be patient.
- keep my hands off the iPhone (except when prompted to press a button of course.)
- consult the guide before any step I had questions for (although, after reading them a few times it's pretty easy to memorize the steps.)
- be patient (did I mention that?) - it really doesn't take long at all. It easily took less than 30 minutes for me to complete everything.
When all was said and done, I rebooted into a fully unlocked, jailbreaked, v1.1.3 iPhone with the current baseband and full functionality. I've tested, and all features/applications work.
Hope this helps!
Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 02-08-2008 at 08:39 PM.- iPhoneWriter.com
02-08-2008, 06:57 PM #75french Iphone 1.1.3 jailbreaked and unlocked gunlock method
I have a french Iphone 1.1.2 OTB updated with itunes by last owner and jailbreaked by me. ( modem firmware 4.3.13 )
I added this source:
source sendowski.de (http://sendowski.de)
installed gunlock ( not the gunlock files only !! )
after a few minutes the phone was unlocked and is running modem firmware
this was by far the easiest and best working method.
no supersims and it also works on all accidentally updated phones
02-08-2008, 07:02 PM #76
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Unlock made easy I used this method 10 mins ago on my 4.6 BL 1.1.3 dev/team jailbroken phone. No need to go back to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 IF YOU HAVE THE 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 JAILBROBKEN PHONE, just follow the instructions it cannot go wrong.
Just add the Iclarified.com source to your installer and voila. There you will see Iclarified on the categories and inside will be the Geohot Unlock(1.1.2, 1.1.3). Be sure to put the auto-lock on never in the settings menu on your phone.
install the Geohot Unlock(1.1.2, 1.1.3) from iClarified and follow the instructions, it will take only 3 to 5 minutes and it will lose Wi-fi for a few moments but it will be back in no time.
After that you are fully unlocked. Comprende?
Last edited by bebeso; 02-08-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: editing
02-08-2008, 07:27 PM #77
No need to add any sources, this is on our source which is a default community source
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM #78
awesome!!!!!!! finally, i can get that new 16GB iphone. thanks.1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile
02-08-2008, 07:34 PM #79
mmim having a little trouble here..
ok everything on the unlock perspective is awesome, but my youtube app doesnt work and my e-mail app says it cant find the password.
im on 1.1.3, otb 1.1.2 .....
thanks in advanceLike what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!
02-08-2008, 07:36 PM #80can dial numbers or read txt msg
i unlock my otb1.1.2. that process worked fine but now i cant dial any numbers using the keep pad, cant read txt or even view recent calls. i can only call ppl that are in my contact. everytime i try do do one of these things the application just closes after a few seconds