Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock OTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 via Installer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

confirmed.. Works flawlessly

hey guys so i downgraded my new 16 gb iphone to 1.1.1 and i then proceded with the *#307# then after i installed appsnap it rebooted the phone said invalid sim. did i do something wrong? after all this i installed oktoprep and i tried to update to 1.1.2 and i got a 1015 error that it could not update. so i then decided ton restore 1.1.1 and it gave me the same error. my phone is now stuck on the conect to itunes screen.
    Last edited by castilloj; 02-11-2008 at 08:41 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

What is iClarified?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sigmasm View Post
    I have a 1.1.2 (OOB/OTB) and I have downgraded to 1.1.1, activated and jailbroken. I have installed the aforementioned unlock file (1.1.2-1.1.3 OTB G-Unlock) from the Installer. However, when I insert my T-mobile sim card (under 1.1.1) there is no service and I also get an error bevel when I attempt to select a network. It detects my phone number under the phone menu. Any suggestions?

I had the same issue (No service) after downgrading to 1.1.2 and jailbreaking.
    I ran oktoprep and upgraded to 1.1.2 and my service was restored.

Quote Originally Posted by castilloj View Post
    hey guys so i downgraded my new 16 gb iphone to 1.1.1 and i then proceded with the *#307# then after i installed appsnap it rebooted the phone said invalid sim. did i do something wrong? after all this i installed oktoprep and i tried to update to 1.1.2 and i got a 1015 error that it could not update. so i then decided ton restore 1.1.1 and it gave me the same error. my phone is now stuck on the conect to itunes screen.
    Try putting the phone in DFU mode, then booting it with iBrickr

Quote Originally Posted by nasty801 View Post
    SO AFTER U DO THIS IS THERE AN ICON THAT U ARE SUPPOSE TO SEE?
    An Icon for what??
    When you downgrade and go install appsnapp, you will get the installer icon.
    But as far as unlocking goes, there is no program that is installed, it simply unlocks the sim reader in the iphone, so there is no icon to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by castilloj View Post
    Are you using an AT&T sim, or are you attempting to use the iphone on another carrier?
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 02-11-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by xiethan View Post
    "Main script execution failed!"

I tried it on 3 different phones, the first two worked absolutely perfect and are on T-mobile right now. The third phone has "Main script execution failled!" every time, no matter what I try. Running from 1.1.1, running iclarified's method from 1.1.2 sim in, sim out, different network, whatever... Anyone figure out why it does this or what the solution is?

Thanks!!

CastilloJ

Sounds like what I had. I have done 2 16gis iphones now and both times same thing.

You never went far enough in the process. After you do the 1.1.1 2 times, u then use ibricker to boot phone.

For some reason with both 16gigs, after oktoprep, when you do the 1.1.2 upgrade, you get the 1015 error message just like with the 1.1.1. Simply close itunes after you install the 1.1.2 then use ibricker again to boot the phone. This will get you to the next step.

You just didnt go far enough in the process to get it to work. When you JAILBREAK you are not unlocking the phone. Jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things.

So not having phone service is normal. until you use the unlock program at the end. I found running the iclarified app from installer for unlocking works best while your phone has been upgraded to dev team 1.1.3-3.

Can someone please confirm that once OTB 1.1.2 jailbroken/unlocked using Geohotz genius method without updating to 1.1.3:
    1- will I need to run IWORLD.
    2- if yes, does iWORLD support the country Lebanon

Thank a mil

Quote Originally Posted by ETAWIL View Post
    Can someone please confirm that once OTB 1.1.2 jailbroken/unlocked using Geohotz genius method without updating to 1.1.3:
    1- will I need to run IWORLD.
    2- if yes, does iWORLD support the country Lebanon

Thank a mil
    Yes it is suppoted

Hi can i ask do i have to down grade back to 1.1.1 and then upgrade to 1.1.2 if my phone was already a jail broken 1.1.2 with bootloader 4.6 to run the geo-unlock and upgrade to 1.1.3 cheers it gets a bit confussing reading all the posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stewkat View Post
    I tried it on 3 different phones, the first two worked absolutely perfect and are on T-mobile right now. The third phone has "Main script execution failled!" every time, no matter what I try. Running from 1.1.1, running iclarified's method from 1.1.2 sim in, sim out, different network, whatever... Anyone figure out why it does this or what the solution is?

Thanks!!
    when u click install press "clear queue" then try again!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MOEPLO For This Useful Post:

stewkat (02-11-2008)

Thumbs up A ton of thanks
    since this is my first contribution to the forum I wanted to say ... thank you. With much regret I will no longer be needing my *******Sim card that I was using prior for my OTB 1.1.2 (4.6 / 4.06 BL). Now after several hours and much brow sweating, I m now the proud owner of a 1.1.3 running on the T-Mobile Network.

Cheers and keep up the good work keeping the iPhone an open device for all and not a select few.

im using my att sim. also i just booted using bricker and it says invalid sim.

Castillo are you trying to unlock or just jailbreak?

If you are trying to unlock go through the process from restore 1.1.2 jailbreak, click on check box and install

then from there you still need to go back to 1.1.3 to make it work right. So do the soft update after installing bsd subsystem and update installer.
    Once you are on jailbroken 1.1.3 your phone service should be good to go. And from there you can decide to unlock the phone or not.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 Unlocked iPhone.
    What steps do I need to take to make it a jailbroken 1.1.3 Unlocked iPhone?

Thanks

bosco im trying to unlock, but i thought i had to go back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak to be able to unlock.?

bosco im trying to unlock, but i thought i had to go back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak to be able to unlock.? right now im back to 1.1.1 and my screen says activate iphone (incorrect sim)

sorry for double post.
    Last edited by castilloj; 02-11-2008 at 01:42 PM.

i had a 1.0.2 unlocked phone and i upgraded to 1.1.1 unlocked i have firmware 4.1.13 version 1.1.1 can i do this to my phone upgrade to 1.1.3 and unlock it

personal story:

i have an 8GB phone i purchased in november, one i've unlocked and jailbroken and got working on 1.1.3 flawlessly.

a combination of a bonus payment at work, valentine's day approaching, and the 1.1.3 OTB unlock surfacing prompted me to buy a 16GB iPhone at an apple store here in NYC this past friday.

while my fiancee was out doing errands saturday, i figured i could unlock the new 16GB phone and then wipe my 8GB clean for her as a bonus, add-on valentine's day present.

i started trying to unlock the phone at 10 a.m. saturday and didn't finish until close to 2 p.m., only because i had a ***** of a time putting the phone in DFU mode. i would continually get the "unknown error (1)" while trying to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1

after many searches, i tried to put it in DFU mode and then downgrade to 1.1.2, and that worked like a charm. it took me probably an hour before i got that to FINALLY work. i then put it in DFU mode and downgraded to 1.1.1

now, i've unlocked and jailbroken my 8GB iPhone quite a few times, just because i'd screw something up and would have to essentially redo everything. anyways, i ran into a big issue when trying to jailbreak the 16GB phone on 1.1.1 because when i'd dial *#307# it wouldn't let me X out the numbers to type in 0. it was a major pain, and i had to keep trying over and over and over to get it to work until i finally restored to 1.1.1 again and finally got it to work.

after that, i did the geohotz unlock, upped to 1.1.2, then upped to 1.1.3. at first, the phone wouldn't recognize my SIM card for t-mobile, which scared the hell out of me. but after restarting the phone a few times it works fine. i also did the bosstools thing to move over fonts, ringtones, and apps.

two days later and the phone still works like a charm. i love it. not only that, but i restored the 8GB iPhone and i have it running on 1.1.3, all set up as a valentine's day gift.

thanks MMi and geohotz. i really appreciate all your work.

EDIT: one reason i wanted to share this story is because, for those of you asking questions when you get stuck, if you have an OTB 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 iPhone there really seems to be no harm in restoring your phone to 1.1.1 if you run into a problem. seriously. i can't count how many times something wasn't going right while i have tried to jailbreak or unlock a phone, so i simply just restore to 1.1.1 and restart from there.
    Last edited by smiburho; 02-11-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added note about restoring to 1.1.1

ok so after my phone did the jailbreak 1.1.2 it restarted but it was showing the connect to itunes screen. so i decided to ibricker. no im back to the main home screen of the phone , but it still shows( insert a valid sim )
    what can i do about this?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to castilloj For This Useful Post:

bosco0633 (02-11-2008)

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast