Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Unlock OTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 via Installer

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post


    This is on the ModMyI.com source in installer. We are a official community source in installer no need to manually add any source.

    Mr. George Hotz, guardian of the freedom of the iPhone, granter of hope to the masses, owner of a Nissan 350z, has once again graced us with an unlock solution we were waiting on, as you may have seen.

    I've packaged it up for Installer now [UPDATE, NEW INSTRUCTIONS], if you have an OTB 1.1.2/1.1.3, you will need to:
    downgrade to 1.1.1,
    jailbreak,
    install this package,
    OkToPrep and updgrade/jailbreak 1.1.2 (just hold down Option (shift in Windows) while pressing upgrade, and point iTunes to the 1.1.2 firmware file)
    and then install the DevTeam upgrade to get back to 1.1.3.


    You'll wind up with an unlocked 1.1.3 with the 4.6 BL. (thanks, BigBoss, for suggestion).

    I will be looking into a native app to run this, so you can run it straight from 1.1.3. I'll let ya know.

    DO NOT RUN THIS ON A 3.9 BL iPHONE - it will be bad.

    DO NOT RUN THIS FROM 1.1.2 or 1.1.3. There are a few sources that are offering this package to run straight from 1.1.3 - THIS IS NOT GOOD. You can brick your iPhone. When in 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, this NEEDS to be run from Airplane Mode, which you CANNOT DO from Installer. This is why we currently only have this on 1.1.1. I will say again, IF YOU INSTALL A PACKAGE LIKE THIS WHILE IN 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, YOU CAN BRICK YOUR iPHONE.


    Enjoy!
    Thanks..your a legend.Hope you make a fortune.. I ran the Geohot Unlock from iClarified on a 16GB in 1.1.3 and had no problems.....

  2. #242
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston mASSachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    so this may sound like a stupid question...and i hope it isn't...but i want to jailbreak my 1.1.3 phone....i believe it was otb 1.1.2...since my serial number starts with 87752...anyway am i correct that if i simply follow the instructions above to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, and install the package, and updates. i can have an unlocked phone? i read a guide found here for at&t users that was a lot longer of a process...but maybe outdated?....please clarify what the difference between unlocked and jailbroken is...i am not so sure i need an unlocked phone since i use at&t...but i do want to jailbreak so i can use the custom sounds, themes and so on and this sounds easier...thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dontevenfucwitme; 02-10-2008 at 02:09 AM. Reason: i should read before hitting post
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

    RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

  3. #243
    Tried again, now it's PERFECT! .

  4. #244
    thank you soo much lonjevity, it worked great, I realized I was accidently restoring it to 1.1.2 NOT upgrading it, whoops! thanks again

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    It's all about reading the directions and processing them in the correct order. FIRST, you DOWNLOAD / INSTALL the application... then, once the application icon is on your screen, you THEN GO INTO SETTINGS and PUT THE PHONE INTO AIRPLANE MODE. Once you are in Airplane Mode, THEN YOU EXECUTE (TAP) THE APPLICATION.

    As always, hope this helps more than hurts.

    Ok so installing the unlock doesnt execute it directly from installer it just installs the apps on the homescreen then you execute it from there right?

    Thanks

  6. #246
    right

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to hosies For This Useful Post:

    B1naryBand1t (02-10-2008)

  8. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post
    Ok so installing the unlock doesnt execute it directly from installer it just installs the apps on the homescreen then you execute it from there right?

    Thanks
    Correct.

    Install it and execute it from your homescreen.

    BTW, I executed it while I was on Dev Team 1.1.3 update and encountered no problems, iPhone unlocked within 3 minutes.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

    B1naryBand1t (02-10-2008)

  10. #248
    Unhappy Back to orginal software
    Hi Guys,

    HELP PLEASE.

    1)
    I had 1.1.2. OTB and had done a jailbreak. Was working on version 1.1.1
    (As I am in India, I had was using this as a ITouch)

    2)
    Tried to unlock as instructed on 1.1.1 version.
    (it showed that it had unlocked).

    3)
    Istalled oktoPrerp.
    Used Itunes to restore software to 1.1.2.

    4) At this point I went to the unbroken software......
    (Does not jailbreak anymore)

    5. I have tried to downgrade to 1.1.1. and again jailbreak. But now the appsnapp does not install.....

    Please help.



    5. I have tried to

  11. #249
    maybe someone can answer this...after reading coutnless posts and people trying to downgrade and ask soo many questions. Let's hopefully get an answer to this.

    1) After the process of getting an OTB 1.1.2 with 4.6 bootloader unlocked, one CAN run the 1.1.3-3 softupgrade to go to the 1.1.3 firmware.

    My question would be this, once upgraded to 1.1.3, there have been post saying that the features of the 1.1.3 firmware are working (google locate me, moving icons, etc etc). Is that true?

    I'm wondering, if i get through the process and get to the step of having a 1.1.2 OTB unlocked. Do I soft upgrade, then HAVE to upgrade the baseband via installer to get the features to work? OR will the 1.1.2/1.1.3 gehot unlock upgrade the baseband for me during the 1.1.1--->1.1.2 upgrade.


    Get the questions? if not let's rephrase

    1) Have an OTB 1.1.2. Go through the process of unlocking, after installing okaytoprep and 1.1.2/1.1.3 gehot unlock, does my baseband upgrade to 4.03 from the upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1?

    2) If i wanted 4.03, do i just softupgrade from an unlocked OTB 1.1.2 and then just upgrade the baseband from installer after i jailbreak 1.1.3, OR will 1.1.3 have 4.03 unlocked?

  12. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Correct.

    Install it and execute it from your homescreen.

    BTW, I executed it while I was on Dev Team 1.1.3 update and encountered no problems, iPhone unlocked within 3 minutes.
    Ok unless i installed the wrong geounlock i had some issues, i installed it from the installer hopeing that it would dump me back to the homescreen, nope it started installing straight away .... i homed out but it allready killed my carrier signal , DOH!!

    So i thought oh well nothing to lose except an hour restoreing so i installed it again and ran it from the installer and 2mins later all was well and im now running vodafone again

    Thanks, slight heart rate jump during the f up but now im more than well happy

  13. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post
    Ok unless i installed the wrong geounlock i had some issues, i installed it from the installer hopeing that it would dump me back to the homescreen, nope it started installing straight away .... i homed out but it allready killed my carrier signal , DOH!!

    So i thought oh well nothing to lose except an hour restoreing so i installed it again and ran it from the installer and 2mins later all was well and im now running vodafone again

    Thanks, slight heart rate jump during the f up but now im more than well happy
    Glad that I could help you.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

    B1naryBand1t (02-10-2008)

  15. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Glad that I could help you.

    Thanks submitted, man i need a beer after all that stress :P

  16. #253
    can someone plz help. i unlocked my otb.1.1.2 iphone..that process went perfect. however i found out that i would have to install iworld to stop the keypad and sms from crashing. but since Jamaica is not in iworld i had to use openssh to install my county's setting myself that also worked fine. i then used the installer app to upgrade to 1.1.3 which installed fine.

    here is my prob now when i upgraded i realized that 1.1.3 wont support caller id for phones in Jamaica and i need my caller id so i downgraded back to 1.1.1 and unlocked my phone once more this time leaving it at 1.1.2. now i am trying to use openssh to put back the setting so that my keypad or my sms wont crash but it keeps telling me "WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! "
    by the way i am gettin this message when i use fugu to access my phone through openssh
    can some one plz tell me what to do to stop getting this message.
    thanks
    Last edited by romzyt; 02-10-2008 at 07:19 AM.

  17. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by dontevenfucwitme View Post
    so this may sound like a stupid question...and i hope it isn't...but i want to jailbreak my 1.1.3 phone....i believe it was otb 1.1.2...since my serial number starts with 87752...anyway am i correct that if i simply follow the instructions above to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, and install the package, and updates. i can have an unlocked phone? i read a guide found here for at&t users that was a lot longer of a process...but maybe outdated?....please clarify what the difference between unlocked and jailbroken is...i am not so sure i need an unlocked phone since i use at&t...but i do want to jailbreak so i can use the custom sounds, themes and so on and this sounds easier...thanks in advance!
    Since you're an AT&T user, you don't need to unlock your iPhone. However, if you want to install 3rd party applications, you will have to jailbreak it.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOUL_100 View Post
    1)
    I had 1.1.2. OTB and had done a jailbreak. Was working on version 1.1.1
    (As I am in India, I had was using this as a ITouch)

    2)
    Tried to unlock as instructed on 1.1.1 version.
    (it showed that it had unlocked).

    3)
    Istalled oktoPrerp.
    Used Itunes to restore software to 1.1.2.

    4) At this point I went to the unbroken software......
    (Does not jailbreak anymore)

    5. I have tried to downgrade to 1.1.1. and again jailbreak. But now the appsnapp does not install.....

    Please help.
    You're not supposed to restore it, you have to update your iPhone to firmware 1.1.2 by clicking on Update while pressing the Shift key, then you select the downloaded file.

    This is what you have to do.

    1. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.1.
    2. Jailbreak it, using the jailbreakme.com method.
    3. Install BSD Subsystem (under System) which is required for the next step.
    4. Install the 1.1.2-1.1.3 OTB G-Unlock package (Tweaks 1.1.3).
    5. Install OkToPrep (Tweaks 1.1.1)
    6. Then, update the firmware version to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it using 1.1.2 jailbreak by Conceited Software.

    Et voila! You have an unlocked out of the box 1.1.2 iPhone. You may as well upgrade to 1.1.3 using the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader (System).
    Last edited by +Bassem; 02-10-2008 at 07:33 AM.

  18. #255
    @romzyt:
    I had the same message but when I clicked ok on the ssh connection screen it connected me without any problems. Try it.


    Another question: As I want to use the google maps location feature do I have to upgrade to 1.1.3 using iTunes?

    And will I be able to do the unlock again?

    Plz let me know.

    Edit: Just read that after doing the iTunes upgrade and the way down to 1.1.1 and back to 1.1.3 using the gunlock corrects the baseband back to 04.02.13_G(1.1.2 OOB).
    Last edited by AotW; 02-10-2008 at 08:17 AM.

  19. #256
    Well, I ran this from 1.1.2, and the results are not so good (no sounds, cannot dial from keypad, etc...), but then you can upgrade to 1.1.3 via installer and everthing works perfect again

  20. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Another question: As I want to use the google maps location feature do I have to upgrade to 1.1.3 using iTunes?

    And will I be able to do the unlock again?

    Plz let me know.
    Just upgrade using the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader (System) using Installer.

  21. #258
    thanks aotw but now my phone is stuck at the apple logo when i trun it on

  22. #259
    Default 110 > 111 > 112 ?
    Hi, till I get my lovely new 16GB, could someone advise the fastest method (without a computer - never works on my Vista) to jailbreak and unlock my 8GB dinosaur (was 110, then upgraded to 111, then upgraded to 112) to 113? Hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum, Cheers. Buzz.

  23. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Hi, till I get my lovely new 16GB, could someone advise the fastest method (without a computer - never works on my Vista) to jailbreak and unlock my 8GB dinosaur (was 110, then upgraded to 111, then upgraded to 112) to 113? Hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum, Cheers. Buzz.
    Try iclarified

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •