Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orange hires actors for Polish iPhone 3G launch!!

Thanks

Default Orange hires actors for Polish iPhone 3G launch!!
    Seems that there's one more part of the world except the poles where people are disinterested in iPhones. Also, seems that the polish people think of iPhone to be useless.

Yes, you heard that right. Due to being distressed by the failure launch of iPhone 3G in Poland and really less crowd, Orange had to hire actors to line-up for the iPhone 3G launch to get some respect and attract some Media.

Even the Polish T-Mobile stores having the iPhone 3G doesn't have any rush in their stores.

So, how low can carriers go to sell their phone? This is just an example, wait for more like this.

Here's a video of those actors from Gazeta if you can understand Polish.

[Engadget via Gazeta & AppleBlog.pl]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0032-1.jpg  
    Last edited by sayam; 08-22-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Useless in what way I wonder.

Thanks
    boo hoo! 2nd gen rocks!

I'm gonna post this without trying to offend anyone. If you feel offended, I'm sorry, but it surely isn't my intention to do so. Since I'm a European myself (mediterranean, to be precise) I feel I can open up further the discussion.

It's a known fact that a company who intends to sell its product in Europe has to set up a completely different marketing strategy from the US one. Europeans are deemed to be less prone to products which are overhyped (just like the iPhone for example). If you followed the worldwide news the only queues on 11 July to buy the iphone were registered mostly in the US and we've barely heard of any queues in the UK, Germany, Italy or France.

And finally, let's admit it... it's a bit stupid to wait for hours in line when you can wait a couple of days or weeks and get it later in a more relaxed way. It kinda screams 'tech-slave'.
    Last edited by lente; 08-22-2008 at 02:40 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lente For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (08-23-2008), tattoojack (08-23-2008)

Thanks

I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by lente View Post
    If you followed the worldwide news the only queues on 11 July to buy the iphone were registered mostly in the US and we've barely heard of any queues in the UK, Germany, Italy or France.
    I must have been in a different UK on July 11th. The queues in my hometown were impressive for the size of the town, at 09:00 for CPW and O2 store. Both sold out in minutes.
    I went into Birmingham to find more queues outside O2 stores etc, and a big queue at the Apple store despite the fact they couldn't sell the phones. People were still queueing at Apple Birmingham at 17:00. The only reasons queues didn't continue at O2 stores was the fact they sold out of 16 gigs so quickly. Although I admit buying an 8gig that afternoon would have been a queueless affair.
    Last edited by Gajet; 08-22-2008 at 03:48 AM.

Actresses, you say?

That must be why I would give the just about every female in that line a good penising.

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    Actresses, you say?

That must be why I would give the just about every female in that line a good penising.
    lol @ penising

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    Actresses, you say?

I wouldn't penis them, maybe a quick teabagging but I don't want to catch something.

Hi guys
    This is my first post here. I'm Polish and want to add some spice to this news, about ORANGE in my Country.
    I live and work in UK where average incomes are around 2000 pounds a month (not sure, but around I think) and here I got my 18 month contract for iPhone from O2 for 45 pounds/month included 1200min, 500 SMS and 1 GB monthly internet allowance and I pay for iPhone 16GB - 59 pounds
    http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/paymonthly

I pay total for contract in O2 in UK:
    869 pounds included 21600 min and 9000 massages

In Poland average income are around 800 pounds but its only so high because some mangers in Poland having crazy wages, but common people incomes are 500 a month.
    Now in Polish ORANGE you can have contract
    contract 36 months! 400min 270min inside network, 1050 sms, 2GB internet allowance will cost you 60 pound/month and you can have your iPhone for 1 polish zloty
    http://www.orange.pl/portal/map/map/...ONE_TARYFY_IND

Pay total for contract in ORANGE in Poland:
    2160 pounds included 14,400 free min and 9720 inside Orange min, 37,800 sms

no comments
    Last edited by woytas; 08-22-2008 at 07:06 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to woytas For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (08-23-2008)

wow... ok... nice way of us know how life is in Poland... The average pay in UK is $4K?
    Is that after taxes and insurance? I make 100K here and my take home after taxes and insurance and state Tax is just over 4K... and I thought I was high-end here...

London's calling... I am out y'all

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
    wow... ok... nice way of us know how life is in Poland... The average pay in UK is $4K?
    Is that after taxes and insurance? I make 100K here and my take home after taxes and insurance and state Tax is just over 4K... and I thought I was high-end here...

London's calling... I am out y'all
    While I'm sure you take a bit more home then $4K a month with a $100K yearly income, you are very close to target.

You can thank Uncle Sam for the lack of a social sub-system and high military taxes in the U.S.

When I was living in Germany I was making ca. $42K a year and still took home just bellow $3K a month. This is after VAT/Taxes, manditory insurance, development taxes, urbanization deductions, etc.
    And the beauty was that no more money was going out of pocket towards those things.

In the U.S., after you get a third of your income deducted for various things, you are still left with insurance deductibles, road/bridge/tunnel tolls, local taxes, etc.

With insurance, going to a doctor in the U.S. is still a luxury under current conditions. Crossing bridges costs you between $3-$10 and traveling on interstate highways/thruways costs you tolls. (I live in NYC but when I was upstate, cost was still very similar yet income is generally lower).

That's what "the best military in the world" will cost you.....:sigh: silly Americans.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Emir S. For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (08-23-2008)

I'm not sure about this figures but look here
    National Statistics Online

800 pounds in Poland is a S/F too, because they usually checking
    big cities. I personally know more Poles incomes as 350 pounds.
    London calling - I don't think so, I'm thinking to leave London now
    and look for work in maybe Dubai, Shanghai etc.
    Incomes like 2000 pounds nett per month are OK but look how
    much you need to spend money for flat, food and other essentials.
    Average rent 1 bed flat in London including gas, electric, council tax
    will cost you 1000 pounds a month.
    BTW London is a **** hole - trust me
    Last edited by woytas; 08-22-2008 at 08:09 AM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I just want to work at Aston Martin and make a big wad of cash then go on a proper iPhone contract which isn't bad value anyway on O2-UK.

Hmmmm now only if we could get Land Rover/Range Rover, Jaguar, Bentley and Rolls Royce back to being full British instead of just the cars being made here

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Who cares? #1, it's Poland and #2, it's friggin' POLAND! I'm sure Poland is one of the world's top markets for smart phones.... Apple's stock is gonna take a big hit because of this news.

SupahDave,
    Take a break from watching Fox news and you might find Europe to be quite different from what U.S. media feeds you.
    Poland has come a LONG way since the 80s.
    I know I was plesantly suprised back in '98.....and thats 10 years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    SupahDave,
    Take a break from watching Fox news and you might find Europe to be quite different from what U.S. media feeds you.
    Poland has come a LONG way since the 80s.
    I know I was plesantly suprised back in '98.....and thats 10 years ago now.
    Yeah, watch PMSNBC instead

Quote Originally Posted by SupahDave View Post
    Who cares? #1, it's Poland and #2, it's friggin' POLAND! I'm sure Poland is one of the world's top markets for smart phones.... Apple's stock is gonna take a big hit because of this news.
    Yea mate typical American complex - who cares about other country
    America is the best one and only

Old (2001 - 2003) Telecommunications market statistics in Poland:

Code:
    2001 2002* 2003*

Total size of Polish Telecommunications market $9.4bln $9.66bln $9.8bln

VoIP market $62.5mln $65.5mln $73mln

Fixed-line telephone density (No of phones per 100 inhabitants) 30 31 32

No. of fixed-line telephones 11.5mln 11.8mln 12.2mln

Number of cellular phone users 10mln 11.5mln 13.2mln

Also, telecommunications carriers use Internet Protocol technology for routing their voice traffic although the actual size of this technology is very hard to estimate.

Most market players are getting ready for the 2003 opening of the market by extending their full telecommunications offer including VoIP services. Since the beginning of 2002, URTP has registered over 20 new service providers, including 3 virtual mobile operators.

Industry sources estimate that the VoIP services in international outgoing traffic will increase from 50,000 minutes in 2002 to 65 thousand in 2003 and close to 90 thousand in 2004. International incoming VoIP traffic is estimated at close to 800 thousand minutes in 2002 and is expected to increase to 870 thousand in 2003 and approximately 960 thousand minutes in 2004.

Per the estimates of Gartner Group, in 2003-2005 most analog PBXs (private branch exchanges) in Poland will be replaced with equipment based on Internet protocols." (1)
    Mobile Telephony

"The mobile telephony market has three major phone network operators in Poland: Centertel, belonging to TP S.A. capital group, Polkomtel S.A. and Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa S.A. These three mobile phone networks account for more than 11 million customers, already accounting for more users of fixed telephone lines. It is predicted that by the end of 2005, every other Pole will have his or her own mobile phone." (2) "The number of Poles with mobile phones in 2002 reached the 11.5 million mark, and is projected to be as many as 13.2 million by the end of 2003." (3)
    SOURCES

(1) Kowalska, Maria. Trends in the ICT Sector. US Commercial Service - American Embassy in Warsaw. http://exportit.ita.doc.gov/ocbe/ForeignM.nsf/679c088699b484498525674e0000eb9f/392591742c5b4d0d85256c4800815b25!OpenDocument Last accessed December 9, 2002.
    Yea! who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by lente View Post
    I'm gonna post this without trying to offend anyone. If you feel offended, I'm sorry, but it surely isn't my intention to do so. Since I'm a European myself (mediterranean, to be precise) I feel I can open up further the discussion.

It's a known fact that a company who intends to sell its product in Europe has to set up a completely different marketing strategy from the US one. Europeans are deemed to be less prone to products which are overhyped (just like the iPhone for example). If you followed the worldwide news the only queues on 11 July to buy the iphone were registered mostly in the US and we've barely heard of any queues in the UK, Germany, Italy or France.

And finally, let's admit it... it's a bit stupid to wait for hours in line when you can wait a couple of days or weeks and get it later in a more relaxed way. It kinda screams 'tech-slave'.
    I completely agree with you. Waiting in line is stupid, and I can especially see how Europeans can frown upon things that us Americans go nuts for. I mean look at us. First of all, yes we line up and for days on end for certain things (game consoles). Then we shoot or stab or fight each other while in the line. Awesome. We're geniuses. And we do it all why? So that we can be the first to have the newest toy. Lame.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    I completely agree with you. Waiting in line is stupid, and I can especially see how Europeans can frown upon things that us Americans go nuts for. I mean look at us. First of all, yes we line up and for days on end for certain things (game consoles). Then we shoot or stab or fight each other while in the line. Awesome. We're geniuses. And we do it all why? So that we can be the first to have the newest toy. Lame.
    Yep and I can see this reflected whenever a new firmware comes out. Threads blossom like some sort of bacterial funghi in perfect conditions. Geez man, no one's gonna scold you if you're not up to date with today's software.

Learn to wait... patience is a virtue!

In Europe the only places you're gonna find queues are in cultural museums... and... well... theme parks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast