+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orange hires actors for Polish iPhone 3G launch!!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I know why, you see cuz im a polish-american and just was in poland for summer So orange and all the other iphone selling people sell the phone for 1PLN
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I know why, you see cuz im a polish-american and just was in poland for summer

So orange and all the other iphone selling people sell the phone for 1PLN (about 40 cents) but they make people pay like 500$ a month, the thing with polish people is they like to buy things upfront and we are harder to trick then people in the UK.

If polish people want an iphone they buy them on the greymarket for way less (still more then the USA) When i was there i sold my 2G in preperation for a 3G for over 900PLN thats like 500$

Quote Originally Posted by woytas View Post
    Hi guys
    This is my first post here. I'm Polish and want to add some spice to this news, about ORANGE in my Country.
    I live and work in UK where average incomes are around 2000 pounds a month (not sure, but around I think) and here I got my 18 month contract for iPhone from O2 for 45 pounds/month included 1200min, 500 SMS and 1 GB monthly internet allowance and I pay for iPhone 16GB - 59 pounds
    Pay Monthly - iPhone - O2

I pay total for contract in O2 in UK:
    869 pounds included 21600 min and 9000 massages

In Poland average income are around 800 pounds but its only so high because some mangers in Poland having crazy wages, but common people incomes are 500 a month.
    Now in Polish ORANGE you can have contract
    contract 36 months! 400min 270min inside network, 1050 sms, 2GB internet allowance will cost you 60 pound/month and you can have your iPhone for 1 polish zloty
    Telefony komórkowe Orange - abonament, mix, karta i internet

Pay total for contract in ORANGE in Poland:
    2160 pounds included 14,400 free min and 9720 inside Orange min, 37,800 sms

no comments
    I agree Polish people (i am a polish-american so i have family there) rather then buy a iphone from poland for 1PLN and extreme monthly bills, they buy a iphone from america for like 800PLN have someone like me ship it for free when i go on vacation to poland.
    Last edited by alek; 08-22-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

omg, bliv me it'll be the same situation here in india...i mean indians are ready to spend a lot on phones (n95 for about $900 is very popular here) but now iphone 3g?? can anyone guess the price? wait for it: rs36500 (about $900) for 16gb and rs31500 for 8gb...thats not all.
    we have to still sign a friggin contract, a first in india. the contracts are way too unjust, and existing customers have to "add" to their current plans. what dumb crap!
    bad idea, apple.
    i'm staying put on my beautiful 1st gen iphone, unlocked!

Thanks

Ahhh how I love being polish
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"I pay total for contract in O2 in UK:
    869 pounds included 21600 min and 9000 massages"

9000 massages.......... Damn! Sounds like a good deal to me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmarc70 View Post
    "I pay total for contract in O2 in UK:
    869 pounds included 21600 min and 9000 massages"

9000 massages.......... Damn! Sounds like a good deal to me!
    16 a day is too much for any man.

My two vices are smoking and masturbation. I'm up to 20-a-day, and I smoke like a frickin chimney
    Last edited by redcard; 08-22-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

Muggz5 (08-22-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone hoits2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the fact that the line was mostly made of girls gave it away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    Actresses, you say?

That must be why I would give the just about every female in that line a good penising.
    LOL, priceless.
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post

You can thank Uncle Sam for the lack of a social sub-system and high military taxes in the U.S.

That's what "the best military in the world" will cost you.....:sigh: silly Americans.
    Pseudo-logic strikes again.

You've not a clue, have you? No, no you don't.

US federal spending for defense is approx. 20% of total spending in any modern day fiscal year. It is social programs, not "high military taxes" (whatever that is) that account for most of our spending. Those being social security, medicare, education, veteran/employee benefits, etc. Those programs, amongst others, account for around 70% of spending.

Silly anti-American.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Those girls look chilly. Do polish grocers carry Dicken's Cider? That sure warms you up on a cool day.

US federal spending for defense is approx. 20% of total spending in any modern day fiscal year. It is social programs, not "high military taxes" (whatever that is) that account for most of our spending. Those being social security, medicare, education, veteran/employee benefits, etc. Those programs, amongst others, account for around 70% of spending.

Silly anti-American.

(points to nose) "Ding Ding!"
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-22-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Emir S.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Silly anti-American.
    I'm not anti-American by any means. I'm simply against US Gov't use of media to convince people that they are living in a free and fair country.

BTW, US spent over $500 billion just on the war in Iraq.
    That cost doesn't include domestic stationed soldiers or soldiers anywhere else employed on no-Iraq related relations.
    Also, the US budget for Iraq in FY 2007 came to $4,988/Iraqi. This is triple Iraq's per-person GDP. It's like spending $121,000 per person in the US.

If 70% is spent on the social programs, how do you explain how such a large number of American Citizens is without medical insurance, why US Veterans who have shed blood for this country have to fight tooth and nail to get a penny and why the school system is comparable to that of a 3rd world country in some areas of the US? Why do our future seniors have to fear getting old?

Why is it that even when you have and can afford insurance, a trip to a doctor or a Hospital still costs your a pretty penny out of pocket?
    Why are there additional road tolls when a good chunk of your deductions go towards the maintenance and development of those road?

Please educate me. I mean it in the most sincere way.
    I'd love to know reasonable answers to those questions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, another voice from Poland
    Just remember there are lots of 2G iPhones in Poland. It is ******* stupid way to pay so huge amount of money to get the phone. I would say the average income in my country is quite below mentioned 500 pounds. I would say around 400. So you can understand - Polish incomes and european prices. It is better and quite cheaper to get the one from US paying the full contract than aid Orange or Era (T-Mobile)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woytas View Post
    I pay total for contract in O2 in UK:
    869 pounds included 21600 min and 9000 massages
    dude if she weighed 869 pounds, 9000 massages would KILL you!
    lmao!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    dude if she weighed 869 pounds, 9000 massages would KILL you!
    lmao!

LOL I was talking about pound sterling - the currency of the United Kingdom

Green Apple
    Thanks

hehe..... no suprise here....

i go to poland almost every year...
    and the average phone over there is as strong (or whatever you would call it)
    as usa's blackberries.

most of them either cost very little, and have a huge bill at the end of every month, or have a 100-200 $ phone that has a bill just the same...

when i showed my cousin in poland the iphone, he wasent THAT impressed, you know, the kind of american impressed (rollling on the floor, jaw droped to the ground, ect...)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Um one thing most roads and the Interstate is free, when i went on vacation to eroupe almost every highway that had more then 1 lane was tolled

iPhone? More like MyPhone JoeyDee's Avatar
    Thanks

It's clear folks. Apple needs a different strategy in Europe for it to really kick off.. regardless if it's in the UK, Poland or Albania, the hype is in the U.S - rather than Europe. Nokia by far dominates in Europe.

-joey
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12