+ Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FREE IT. Software Unlock iPhone 1.1.2 OTB and 1.1.3 OTB! (yes the 4.6 bootloader)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I got my iphone when it first came out with at&t and i updated it to Version 1.1.3 (4A93) and to Modem Firmware 04.03.13_G i never unlocked it Can somebody
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my iphone when it first came out with at&t and i updated it to Version 1.1.3 (4A93) and to Modem Firmware 04.03.13_G i never unlocked it Can somebody give me advice on how to unlock it My computer is operating Windows Vista Home Premium Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    I am just wondering whether applying the unlocking will reset imei as previous software unlock methods? Or are there any functionalities lost with this update (such as wireles etc.)

And even more important, is this operation reversible? I mean can I virginize baseband after applying this unlock?

Thank you...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by liondesign View Post
    I upgraded to 1.1.3 from itunes and now I cannot downgrade or jailbrake 1.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by uzdinac25 View Post
    I got my iphone when it first came out with at&t and i updated it to Version 1.1.3 (4A93) and to Modem Firmware 04.03.13_G i never unlocked it Can somebody give me advice on how to unlock it My computer is operating Windows Vista Home Premium Thanks in advance

Hey guys!
    U can both downgrade then unlock!

Try this to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=630

Then try this to upgrade to 1.1.2 http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461 (STARTS FROM ABOUT THE LAST FIFTH OF THE PAGE - "UPGRADE TO 1.1.2")

Then try this to unlock so u can use any sim card http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=649
    NOTE: you mayhave to install iworld from installer in some countries to get the sim unlock to work - http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=598

Then try this to upgrade back to 1.1.3 IF u want to (1.1.3 jailbroken has many bugs so u may want to hold out 4 a wile) http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=611

Then thank iclarified and the nice person that gave u all the links

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by kolpa06 View Post
    Hi,
    I am just wondering whether applying the unlocking will reset imei as previous software unlock methods? Or are there any functionalities lost with this update (such as wireles etc.)

And even more important, is this operation reversible? I mean can I virginize baseband after applying this unlock?

Thank you...
    Yes i want to know the exact same thing... Anyone got any answers??
    Last edited by lazarest; 02-09-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thank you so much!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sorry guys, but I've been away and playing at the A-DEV forums with a new Tilt, so my iPhone has been collecting some dust. It's jailbroken on 1.0.2 and I never cared about upgrading to 1.1.3 til now. I'm on at&t, and all I wanna do is upgrade through iTunes to 1.1.3 and jailbreak it. Anyone kind enough to give me a few steps in Laymans terms?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Sorry guys, but I've been away and playing at the A-DEV forums with a new Tilt, so my iPhone has been collecting some dust. It's jailbroken on 1.0.2 and I never cared about upgrading to 1.1.3 til now. I'm on at&t, and all I wanna do is upgrade through iTunes to 1.1.3 and jailbreak it. Anyone kind enough to give me a few steps in Laymans terms?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29358
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wayno For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (02-09-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thank you sir.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does this unlocking with the 16GB or just the 8GB?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant seem to downgrade my OTB 1.1.3 ... using the same method i used to downgrade my bro's OTB 1.1.2 ... is there a different method to downgrade OTB 1.1.3 ???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.2 OTB UnlocK
    I have a 1.1.2 OTB I tried to unlock it with the geohot script method but forgot to put the airplane mode off. So I upgraded to 1.1.3 and then downgraded to 1.1.1 and unlocked it using the unlock method available through i.unlock.no. then I did the 1.1.3 jailbreak and got 04.02.13_G firmware. Question is if I downgrade to 1.1.2 will this affect anything because I don't want to stay with 1.1.3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marktang View Post
    does this unlocking with the 16GB or just the 8GB?
    Read the forum. Word is that people have already unlocked brand spanking new 16Gb iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospect26 View Post
    i cant seem to downgrade my OTB 1.1.3 ... using the same method i used to downgrade my bro's OTB 1.1.2 ... is there a different method to downgrade OTB 1.1.3 ???
    Nope, it's the same. Maybe try using an older version of iTunes. I'm not sure what the difference is but people seem to be having success by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by codename701 View Post
    I have a 1.1.2 OTB I tried to unlock it with the geohot script method but forgot to put the airplane mode off. So I upgraded to 1.1.3 and then downgraded to 1.1.1 and unlocked it using the unlock method available through i.unlock.no. then I did the 1.1.3 jailbreak and got 04.02.13_G firmware. Question is if I downgrade to 1.1.2 will this affect anything because I don't want to stay with 1.1.3.
    You can downgrade to 1.1.2 and then run GeoHot's unlock.
    Last edited by Wayno; 02-10-2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, a question I have not yet been able to find an answer to:

I have a 1.0.2. OTB with BL 3,9.
    Presently 1.1.2 jailbroken.
    BB is 4.02.

Question:

Can I use the Geohot method to to a clean unlock, if I upgrade to 1.1.3 via iTunes?

I have decided I do not want to do a 1.1.3 without upgrading the BB... so this would do the trick.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    Its been updated now for OTB 1.1.3

these are the instructions I have been given:

its 1.1.2 otb, here is a brief noobs guide

Download these:
    gunlock and the secpack from http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/ or the blog
    the 4.02.13 fls from http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/baseband/

2. Downgrade your phone to 1.0.2.
    irrespective of wher u are 1.1.1/1.1.2 otb not otb
    press and hold power and home button untill u see the screen go blank , leave the power button as soon as the screen turns black, (set up the speaker volume on ur pc to high) as soon as the screen goes black u'l hear a sound, now after abt 10 secs holding down the home button u'll hear another sound , now in itunes it will say phone in recovery mode and all, in itunes, hold the shift key (alt key in mac) and downgrade sequentially to 1.1.1 if you were in 1.1.2 or from 1.1.1 to 1.02 (some will say go directly to 1.02 I prefer this) once ur on 1.02
    jailbreak and activate it , use ibrickr or watever u like.
    install installer.app through ibrickr or watever, update it, install
    community sources,bsd subsystems,open ssh, mobile terminal, etc etc
    now use win scp/ibrickr and upload all files to usr/bin
    files are gunlock/secpack/fls file for 1.1.2/gunlock.c

use putty or mobile terminal to execute the following commands

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

gunlock secpack ICE04.02.13_G.fls"

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

5. Enjoy your 1.1.2 OTB unlocked iPhone

This explains the video I was shown today of a 16 gig unlocked
    i tried this method exactly as posted, but i end up with "no service" i used bricktool as well, still nothing...PLEASEEEEEEEE help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HURRAY HURRAAYYYYYYYYY yeah yeah yeah ... YESSS at last our phones will work again nirmally

more precise and clear guide in below link

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28612

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb well there is one more difference...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospect26 View Post
    Nope, it's the same. Maybe try using an older version of iTunes. I'm not sure what the difference is but people seem to be having success by doing that.
    Actually there is one other slight difference...

I had the same problem when i did a bad jalibreak to 1.1.3. (http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....861#post171861)icouldnt kick the thing into recovery mode and itunes said i had to send my iphone to them cuz it was stuffed. I live in australia so i was sketching out thinking i just bricked the thing but then i figured it out

If your having problems with getting it into recovery mode like i did try what i did:

"First i had to uninstall itunes 7.6 and quicktime and delete all itunes files (including the library file in my music folder) then find and install itunes 7.5 THIS IS ESSENTIAL. Once i got into itunes 7.5 i had to get my iphone into recovery mode which i found was harder than in 1.1.2. I had to..

Hold the power and menu buttons till it turned off then CONTINUED TO HOLD HOME FOR 15 SECONDS ONCE IT HAD TURNED OFF BUT LET GO OF THE POWER BUTTON. Once it was in recovery mode i was able to use itunes (which said iphone in recovery mode) to put firmware 1.1.1 on by shift + clicking restore and selecting the downloaded 1.1.1 firmware i found on the net. this restored it to 1.1.1 firmware then i had to activate/jailbreak again and install 1.1.2 firmware again(following this guide: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18284)."

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Pril View Post
    Guys, a question I have not yet been able to find an answer to:

I have a 1.0.2. OTB with BL 3,9.
    Presently 1.1.2 jailbroken.
    BB is 4.02.

Question:

Can I use the Geohot method to to a clean unlock, if I upgrade to 1.1.3 via iTunes?

I have decided I do not want to do a 1.1.3 without upgrading the BB... so this would do the trick.

Thanks
    Yup that should work fine although leave urself a bit of time to do it - its a long process. Upgrade to 1.1.3 via itunes then follow this http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=630
    then this http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=649

hope that helps also

Quote Originally Posted by mrxthuan View Post
    i tried this method exactly as posted, but i end up with "no service" i used bricktool as well, still nothing...PLEASEEEEEEEE help
    try this tutorial http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=649
    Much easier

lazz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about using different carriers
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and found this great site a week ago. I was wondering if I go and buy an iphone from Apple and follow the steps to jailbreak and unlock, can I use it on the at&t network without having to change my service contract(just have the basic plan with no data)? Also, I have to travel to China for business often, so will I be able to just put a China sim chip to use the iphone while I'm there? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesku View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and found this great site a week ago. I was wondering if I go and buy an iphone from Apple and follow the steps to jailbreak and unlock, can I use it on the at&t network without having to change my service contract(just have the basic plan with no data)? Also, I have to travel to China for business often, so will I be able to just put a China sim chip to use the iphone while I'm there? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Yes to both questions, however this isn;t the thread to ask this...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

After reading the whole pages, I can conclude there are 2 general method to do the 1.1.2 OTB unlock:

First method involving: Download script geounlock, activate airplane mode and execute script

Second method (Iclarified method), Download from installer, done...

I am a bit confuse which method should be followed, since some posts are not recommending to execute any script without setting the iphone to airplane mode. But I also read there are many people succesfully unlock their phone by using IClarified installer.

Can anybody help me on this? I just in the eve of doing this unlock but still doubt which one should I use.

Many thanks in advance for your kind advise

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anggana View Post
    Hi Guys,

After reading the whole pages, I can conclude there are 2 general method to do the 1.1.2 OTB unlock:

First method involving: Download script geounlock, activate airplane mode and execute script

Second method (Iclarified method), Download from installer, done...

I am a bit confuse which method should be followed, since some posts are not recommending to execute any script without setting the iphone to airplane mode. But I also read there are many people succesfully unlock their phone by using IClarified installer.

Can anybody help me on this? I just in the eve of doing this unlock but still doubt which one should I use.

Many thanks in advance for your kind advise
    The best successful method is the airplane mode method. I unlocked four phones with this method and no issues so far.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Works :)
    If anyone has a 1.1.2 which has the latest 1.1.3 firmware and 4.6 bootloader and wants to get it working, this is how I did it:

(used a mixture of guides from previous posts....so thanks goes to everyone really!)

1) Used /forums/showthread.php?t=27601 to get to 1.1.2 jailbroken.
    2) Opened Instller 1.1.2 and installed OpenSSH, Term-vt100 and BSD subsystem (optional i think)
    3) Connected via WiFi to iPhone using WinSCP
    4) Copied all the files (gunlock, ICE04.02.13_G.fls and secpac) to /usr/bin and set permissions to 775 (just go to properties and enter 0775 in the box)
    5) Switched on AIRPLANE MODE!!!
    6) Opened terminal on iphone and entered the following (note spaces!!)
    cd /

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x gunlock

chmod +x gunlock.c

chmod +x ICE04.02.13_G.fls

chmod +x secpac

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

gunlock secpack ICE04.02.13_G.fls

launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

7) restart iphone
    8) switch on wifi and upload all files from (http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...l.zip&can=2&q=) using winscp
    9) make a note of where you uploaded them
    10) switch on AIRPLANE MODE and load terminal on iphone again
    11) enter following

cd /
    chmod -x bricktool
    ./bricktool (or wherever you put it!)

DONE

Hope this helps!

UPDATE: just used devteams official 1.1.3 upgrader via installer app and it works straight off!
    Last edited by rctong; 02-10-2008 at 07:49 AM. Reason: UPDATE