Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
02-09-2008, 01:51 AM #221
I have a Iphone 1.1.2 jailbreak with BL 4.6 and I already follow all of the steps to unlock my iphone but somehow after I'm done and nothing wrong, when I put the T-mobile SIM card to my iphone it's not working. It's like no service signal, can anybody help me witht his kind of problem ?
02-09-2008, 02:03 AM #222
02-09-2008, 02:07 AM #223
ok, switching from a mac to a PC did the trick for me
and i dont know y:S anyone care to explain? the same process took place, just it would reboot onli once wiht my mac, and it rebooted 4 times with my PC. none the less, very pleased. THNK U GEOHOTS AND EVERY1WHO HAS MADE THIS UNLOCK POSSIBLE!!! happy hacking, a d donation coming your way very very very soon
gary, u need to DOWNGRADE to 1.1.1, jailbreak it, INSTALL THE GUNLOCK, and THEN upgrade it. the gunlock for 1.1.2 is hard, since u have to type in long long commands into the terminal, and if u mess up one letter, itz back to the drwing board. do, downgrade to 1.1.1, go iclarified and read HOW there, jailbreak it, then installd the Gunlock frm the installer, and then upgrade it to 1.1.2
hope this helps
Last edited by noixe; 02-09-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to noixe For This Useful Post:
02-09-2008, 02:10 AM #224
iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned
The Following User Says Thank You to Wayno For This Useful Post:
02-09-2008, 03:09 AM #225
How to unlock any new iPhone - OTB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3
Step 1: Install 1.1.1 firmware
If your phone is already activated on any other firmware you can skip this and the next step. But you would need to add http://i.unlock.no/ as a source in Installer manually.
To get 1.1.1 firmware installed, you must get the phone enter recovery mode. Here's how:
1. Connect the phone to the computer and press and hold the Power button (on top) and the Home button (on bottom front) simultaneously.
2. After about 15 seconds phone will appear to turn off, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
3. After about 15 seconds the computer and iTunes will detect the phone in recovery mode.
4. Download the following two files to your computer if you havent alread: 1.1.1 firmware and 1.1.2 firmware
5. Hold down SHIFT key (Windows) or Option/ALT-key (Mac) when clicking the Restore button in iTunes, and it will let you choose firmware file. Select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded in previous step.
6. iTunes will give give a 1015 error, and you phone will get stuck in recovery mode.
7. To get it into normal mode, run AppTapInstaller.exe (or iNdependence if your're on a Mac). If you are downgrading from 1.1.3 you might have problems getting it started in normal mode. The solution is simple, just restore your phone to 1.1.1 again, and this time it will work
8. Now your phone should be at the activation screen.
Step 2: Jailbreak and activate
1. Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
2. On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
3. Answer the call, and tap on Hold
4. Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
5. Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is i.unlock.no. Tap Save.
6. Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs. This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
7. Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, i.unlock.no
8. Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Tap on Tap here to jailbreak your iPhone
9. Phone will return to activation screen and after a few seconds the phone should restart.
10. If the phone does not restart after waiting a full minute, please make sure that you have your phone connected to the computer and try again.
11. When the phone starts again, it should no longer say slide for emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successfull! Activation is now bypassed, and phone prepared for software installation! (If you are going to use an AT&T SIM, you won't need to do the next step.)
Step 3: Performing the unlock
Add http://i.unlock.no/ to Installer sources if you didn't follow this tutorial
1. Tap on the Installer icon, and wait for it to refresh the sources
2. Tap on Install at the bottom
3. Scroll down to Unlocking Tools and install 1.1.2/1.1.3 OTB Unlock
4. The process will take a few minutes, before you get a message that it completed successfully
Step 4: Upgrade to 1.1.2
Even though the phone is already unlocked, it will not get a signal. To fix this upgrade to 1.1.2:
1. Open iTunes again and hold down the SHIFT key (Windows) or Option/ALT-key (Mac) on your keyboard while clicking on the Upgrade button (not the restore button!). A file browsing dialog should appear, and you must select the 1.1.2 firmware file you downloaded previously.
2. While the phone is upgrading, download the 1.1.2 jailbreak archive and extract the files to your computer.
3. If you don't already have Java on your computer, you need to download and install Java runtime first. If you are unsure, check the jailbreak.jar file in the archive you extracted previously - it should have an icon with a coffee cup
4. When your phone is done upgrading, and shows the Slide for emergency screen, you need to launch the jailbreak java application on your computer. Windows users double click on the windows.bat file, while Mac users can double click on jailbreak.jar file.
5. An application should appear, with a "Jailbreak" button - click on it and wait while it's jailbreaking. This will take a few minutes, and your phone will restart a few times at the end.
6. Your phone should now show "Slide to unlock" instead of emergency. If it does, everything was successfull.
Step 5: Finishing the unlock
Now your phone will accept any SIM-card and you will get signal. Congratulations!
But if you are using your phone in a forreign country, the Phone/SMS application will just crash.
Open Installer and install iWorld found in the Tweaks 1.1.2 category. Start iWorld and select your country and it will fix the crashing problem.
If you want to upgrade to 1.1.3, there's a package called Official 1.1.3 Upgrader located in the System category. Installing it will upgrade your phone to a jailbroken 1.1.3. Be aware that it will take some time (25-40 minutes).
02-09-2008, 03:17 AM #226
now whenever I restart my phone there's a view: Waiting for activation, this may take some time. Has anybody encountered this kind of problem ?
02-09-2008, 05:06 AM #227BL 4.6 and 4.03.13G BaseBand is Unlocked!! :D
GeorgeG, You are the man! Thank You sooo much for your sleepless nights and relentless hacks. I know that people with a conscience will all donate at least a bit of monetary gratitude for your hard work. Man, I can't believe how user-friendly this hack was...you must have put in a lot of time. Thank You for that!
Here's my success story (for nubies who are curious). G-Hotz is definitely the real deal Hollyfield!
I started out with OTB 1.1.3 Firmware with BootLoader 4.6 and 4.03.13g Baseband.
1. iPhone in DFU mode and Downgrade to 1.1.1 Firmware with iTunes.
2. *#307# ... [prefs:/1f] + [http://jailbreakme.com] to Jailbreak
3. Use Installer App to install BSD, OpenSSH, Term-vt100
*4. InstallerApp to install GHot GUNLOCK Script
*5. InstallerApp to install G-Unlock 1.1.2-1.1.3 update
(step 4 & 5 is done while in firmware 1.1.1 and will unlock your phone)
6. InstallerApp to install OktoPrep 1.1.2 Update
7. iPhone in DFU mode and UPDATE to 1.1.2 Firmware
8. Java tool to Jailbreak 1.1.2 (15min process) ... good chance to send a donation to Georgie and sho some gratitude.
9. InstallerApp to install BSD, OpenSSH
10. InstallerApp to install Official 1.1.3 DevTeam Update (Thank You DevTeam for this, I guess.) this process will take another 30-45min depending on your internet connection/speed but again, this is a great opportunity to sho George some gratitude! $ Please...keep his genius mind compensated so that he can continue to be with us here on ModMyI.
So, in less than 2hrs and 10 easy steps, My brand new iPhone that started OTB 1.1.3 is now an unlocked 1.1.3 all thanks to Mr. George! THANK YOU MAN! Keep up the good work! We'll keep donating
Note: Do not use AnySim...it is no good with BL4.6 and BB 4.03.13g. George has been trying to warn us for days. Follow his instructions. He is a genius! If he tells u to jump off a cliff while you wait for your iphone to get unbricked, do it! There must be a good reason for it jk
The Following User Says Thank You to asurf For This Useful Post:
02-09-2008, 08:07 AM #228
i am on 1.1.3 (nate-trues) ran the package from biggboss (did not downgrade) used term vt and presto! no more nextsim!!!!
Thanks!!!! donation coming your way Geohots!
02-09-2008, 08:40 AM #229works
It worked on my 1.1.3 OTB iPhone. Didn't downgrade, and I'm using it on t-mobile. I did have little setbacks but once i read the forum i figured it out. I didn't find the unlock scripts in the installer app (I had to add the source and then add the bigboss experimental source too). I also had to install openssh, vt-term (or whatever it is called) and Suid 1.1.3 fix (under Tweaks 1.1.3) and restart the iPhone... also, when I typed "geounlock" i got a socket busy error, I tried it few times and it worked. Now everything works fine. I found answers to all my questions in this forum and I suggest that you read all the posts before you ask for help. I'm sorry if i didn't give credit to anyone on the forum but i'm greatly in your debt.. you know yourself
have a nice day
02-09-2008, 08:57 AM #230
Must i downgrade 1st?
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hey im seriously thinking bout trying this (but still wondering if it voids the apple warrenty?? any1?? )
I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 otb iphone with a next sim atm... (with broken safari http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....082#post173082) and was wondering if i could just follow this very very very simple method:
It seems simple enough and looks lyk it works but im hearing that i have to downgrade and then upgrade again? (which i dont think i can do due to f'd up safari)
so can i? oh and the warrenty thing, any1 know?
02-09-2008, 09:22 AM #231
02-09-2008, 09:23 AM #232
02-09-2008, 10:07 AM #233
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Well... i spose im realistically not going to be sending it back to apple from australia neway - they probly wouldnt even accept it from australia
I'll probably end up doing it by the end of this week using that easy tutorial.
Thanks for your help!
Last edited by lazarest; 02-09-2008 at 10:11 AM.
02-09-2008, 11:39 AM #234
02-09-2008, 11:46 AM #235
omg , it actually is working, damn geohotz is good.. my iphone is firmware 1.1.2 bootloader 4.6 , baseband 04.02.13_G , and bought on week 48 ... i am using t-mobile network now ^_^ im so happy, i'll send you money G-man, u got paypal right?..
damn.. to think just last thursday i ordered a turbosim through ebay for 32 bucks.. sooo worthless..... anyone wants to buy my turbosim? ^_^
many thanks to people who maintain this website, and many many thanks to geohotz (and crew if there is one..)
02-09-2008, 12:00 PM #236YESS guys.. its actually workin, software unlock for 1.1.2 phones
OMG, it actually is working, damn geohotz is really really good...
my iphone is firmware 1.1.2 bootloader 4.6, baseband 04.02.13_G, bought on week 48 (i bought it on last december on apple's store 5th ave) it is jailbroken, and unlocked !!! as of 12:46 pm 2/9/2008
i'll donate geohotz for sure ^_^ i am so so so very happy, (u got paypal account right george?)
and many thanks to this modmyi forum people, u guys help us light the dark.
just one small regret though , i bought a turbosim from ebay for 32 bucks just a couple of days ago out of desperation thinking the SW unlock will never be found ( ... i guess the jokes on me...
for the record, it was very easy to unlock the phone, once i read his posting, it took me about 10 - 15 minnutes to actually do the whole routine (downgrade, jailbreak, and unlock) so if it takes u guys for more then that amount of time, then seriouslly u have a problem
have a very nice weekend everyone ^_^
02-09-2008, 01:08 PM #237
02-09-2008, 02:54 PM #2381.1.3
okay..i want to try to use geohot's 1.1.3 jailbreak, but i'm concerned that I won't be able to do a regular restore to get everything back to normal if I have a problem and need apple service. It permanently alters it?
I'm downgraded to 1.1.1 right now, with the incorrect sim message. can I move it up to 1.1.2 jailbroken and get my phone functionality back? will anysim do this in 1.1.2? I tried once, but i guess i didn't have it on airplane mode or something so it just kept rebooting?
please help :/
02-09-2008, 06:22 PM #239
02-09-2008, 06:37 PM #240
hello everyone ! great news ! I just unlocked my 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 16GB OTB O2 UK. everything is working perfect.
just follow the guide from this site.
and good luck unlocking