+ Reply
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FREE IT. Software Unlock iPhone 1.1.2 OTB and 1.1.3 OTB! (yes the 4.6 bootloader)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I second that...some easier instructions for newbies would be GREAATTTTTTT no idea what commcenter is...etc, etc
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I second that...some easier instructions for newbies would be GREAATTTTTTT

no idea what commcenter is...etc, etc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would LOVE a step by step NOOB PROOF instruction guide starting from 1.0.2 Firm on 4.03.13g Base on 4.6 Boot please =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had 1.1.2 OTB, went the iClarified route...worked perfect! No issues except had to re-enter EDGE settings.

Thanks

Well now that the unlock has been released, how about a REAL 1.1.3 jailbreak? Just my 2 cents...

Thanks

Well now that the unlock has been released, how about a REAL 1.1.3 jailbreak? Just my 2 cents...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok guys! i just tried this is and this is all you have to do. gurantted.
    i have a 1.1.2 otb and i downgraded to 1.1.1..then installed okto prep..then upgraded to 1.1.2..and then i added sleepers.net/iphonerepo to the sources and hit refresh and then went to install, then recent categories and instlled GEOSCRIPT. then i installed BSD SUB. 2 and then term vt100. and then put that code in and it worked like a piece of cake!!

so just downgrde to 1.1.1 like u would (theres a guide in the the forum) and ur good

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiseone View Post
    it worked!!!!
    hello,

Could you pelase elaborate on it a bit? I have a 1.1.3 OBT iphone with me. How would I downgrade it to 1.0.2? I googled on the same and found results that says as it has bootleoader4.6 , it cant be downgraded.
    Thanks,
    RG

Thanks

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28517
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28513

check these out

Actually scratch those links above. Best method up to now:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=649

That link should be made as a sticky.
    Last edited by IvanB; 02-08-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sh4508 View Post
    Use a better method, all you need is your beloved 1.1.2 OTB or 1.1.3 OTB or any 1.1.2 and any 1.1.3 as well as a good WiFi connection to Install Geohots Gunlock Script. No need to connect to PC or Mac. From Installer, go to Sources, Edit, Add http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo and refresh. Go to Install, choose Recent category, find Geohots Gunlock Script. Install BSD Subsystems and Terminal VT100.

Go to Settings, set Airplane mode.

Go to Terminal VT100 if you already in 1.1.2 or 1.1.3.

Type the following (only 2 lines, each end with return or enter)

cd /usr/bin
    geounlock

Wait for about 2 minutes, enjoy your 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 unlock.

In case you are in doubt, read More Info before you install Geohots Gunlock Script.

Mine is iPhone 8GB from week 51, running 1.1.2 OTB, jailbroken and using x-SIM in tandem with Xplor SIM card from Indonesia, need only 2 minutes to run Geohots Gunlock Script. Now no more x-SIM to be used. Thanks George and BigBoss that put the script in the repository.

I am now figuring on how to get into 1.1.3....
    I just used this method, it was very fast and easy, thank you! I just have one question it might be stupid but I just wanna be sure.. Can i uninstall the geohots gunlock script, terminal vt 100, and subsystem without having any problems?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would like to confirm that this method works 1000 percent with new out of the box 1.1.3

you do downgraede to 1.1.1 ,jailbreak it,oktoprep then update to 1.1.2,jailbreak 1.1.2
    do unlock....you wont have signal at this point...u need bricktool for that..download and just run the command cd /usr/bin
    chmod +x bricktool
    bricktool d

u r done..enjoy the phone...ur firmware and baseband will be 1.1.2 n 4.02.13g

Thanks

w00t!
    Go Geohot!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 16 Gb Unlocked Today - My Guide / My Story
    Quote Originally Posted by sh4508 View Post
    Use a better method, all you need is your beloved 1.1.2 OTB or 1.1.3 OTB or any 1.1.2 and any 1.1.3 as well as a good WiFi connection to Install Geohots Gunlock Script. No need to connect to PC or Mac. From Installer, go to Sources, Edit, Add http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo and refresh. Go to Install, choose Recent category, find Geohots Gunlock Script. Install BSD Subsystems and Terminal VT100.

Go to Settings, set Airplane mode.

Go to Terminal VT100 if you already in 1.1.2 or 1.1.3.

Type the following (only 2 lines, each end with return or enter)

cd /usr/bin
    geounlock

Wait for about 2 minutes, enjoy your 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 unlock.

In case you are in doubt, read More Info before you install Geohots Gunlock Script.

Mine is iPhone 8GB from week 51, running 1.1.2 OTB, jailbroken and using x-SIM in tandem with Xplor SIM card from Indonesia, need only 2 minutes to run Geohots Gunlock Script. Now no more x-SIM to be used. Thanks George and BigBoss that put the script in the repository.

I am now figuring on how to get into 1.1.3....

OK THIS IS THE ULTIMATE GUIDE ON NEW 16 GB OTB JAILBROKEN IPHONE. UNLOCKED TO WORK ON T-MOBILE. I USED THE GUIDE ABOVE (with some additional help from me) AND THIS WORKS 100%,,,,,I WILL LIST HOW I DID IT USING THIS GUIDE,,,,,HOPE IT HELPS YOU. THIS PROCESS ABOVE IS MUCH SHORTER AND MUCH LESS COMPLICATED THAN ALL THE OTHERS I HAVE READ HERE. TRY IT OUT BELOW. THE REASON WHY THIS GUIDE IS KIND OF LONG IS BECAUSE ITS A GUIDE FOR NEWBIES/DUMMIES...LOL....HAVE FUN.

OK, I started out with a OTB 16GB Iphone. I got it activated on ATT. Yes, I did initially activate it via itunes.

OK, I then went through the process of "jailbreaking" it, towhich I won't list that process here as this post is for unlocking, and not jailbreaking.

OK, so I have a 16GB jailbroken phone. I will now list my experience unlocking it, as a beginner/medium experienced user.

I assume since this technique worked on a brand new OTB JAILBOKEN ONLY 16GB 1.1.3.....that it could unlock all other previous iphone firmwares and bootloaders from before as well, but I can only really speak for this specific example,,,I am not a moder, or hacker, or whatever,,,just an average joe Q public citizen that figured how to use the instructions above correctly, so please, respectfully, don't PM asking me if it works on this or that. I got it to work on this scenario,,,and that's all i can speak for. take care.

ALSO IMPORTANT: I never downgraded to any firmware 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, and then begun this unlock. I started this unlock right at 1.1.3,,,and just went straight into the installer app, and begun the process.

OK here's what I did..........

1. Go to your installers app, on your iphone. While in the app, click on Sources then edit and add source: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo

Then make sure you exit all the way out to your home screen.

2. Go back into installers app,, select "Recent Packages" You should see the app called "Geohots Gunlock Script". Warning,,,,you will also see "Gunlock" and "Gunlock - Files only", I DID NOT download these,,,so I would suggest you don't either, for the purpose of this specific unlocking type scenario. Just download "Geohots Gunlock Script". NOTE: if you can' t find it in "recent packages", Go back into installers app,, select "All packages" ,,,it should be there.

3.IF you don't already have BSD Subsystems installed do this. (however,,,how you could not allready have it installed on a jailbroken phone, would be interesting to know..lol) Go back into installers app,, select "All packages" and find "BSD Subsystems", install that.

4. OK, this is were my novice As@ got thrown a curve,,,so here is what I did next.
    Before you download anything else read this first.You will need to install a program called "Terminal-vt100". I had never used this program before, so I was alittle intimated about being able to use it correctly. As a note, I found out that Terminal-vt100 has compatibility problems with 1.1.3 so you will need to install fixes to it, for it to work. Here is what I suggest you do next.

VERY IMPORTANT:Before you install "Terminal-vt100", YOU MUST INSTALL the fixes FIRST, then you can install Terminal-vt100. Otherwise "Terminal-vt100" will NOT work correctly!!

OK lets start.....Go to your installers app, on your iphone. Add the following source to installer: http://www.trejan.com/irepo/ Then make sure you exit all the way out to your home screen.

Go back into installers app,, select "Tweaks (1.1.3)" You should see the app called:
    "SUID Lib Fix" install it. Make sure you exit all the way out to your home screen each time to get it to install correctly, before installing another program.

Then go back into '"Tweaks (1.1.3) and install "Term-vt100 SUID fix". You will also see all kind of other "Term" type programs,,,but only install the one titled specifically, "Term-vt100 SUID fix".
    Then make sure you exit all the way out to your home screen.

Go back into installers app,, select "All packages" and find "Term-vt100", install that.
    Then make sure you exit all the way out to your home screen. You should have that new icon on your screen also.

wewwww,,,you tired yet....lol......GET over it.....your halfway there to an unlocked iphone...LMMFAO.

5. Ok you should now be at you home screen having completed all the above.
    click on your phone "Settings" icon and at the top of the screen turn off your airplane mode.

6. Now you are going to use that "Term-vt100" program. OK go ahead and click on it. (it was my first time ever using it...lol)

OK you will now see a screen that asks you for a password, ok,,,this part mess me up.....but this is how i did it.

NOTE: If you start by typing anything, and you notice nothing is being typed on the screen, dont worry,,,,cause thats what it did to me to. Also I wasn't able to use the "go back" key which one uses to typically erase a letter,,,so you will have to type carefully..lol.

Ok now, this is what you do:

At the password screen,,press the "space button" and then "return". You'll get an login incorrect message, followed by a "login" prompt. Type in "root". If you mess up, just Press the "space button" and then "return" again, until you get back to the "login" prompt. Or if your really stumped just back out of the program and start it again, however, "space button/return" should work.

When you enter "root" the prompt should drop one level and ask you to enter in a password: OK here again is where I got mess up. When you enter in the password, it WILL NOT display on the screen, just type the letters as you would normally, and press return.

Ok, for the password type in: "alpine" and just press enter. You will then see a screen that says something like " last login: yada yada.........cant open input file....yada yada." (ok, without the yadas maybe...lol) Don't worry cause this is the correct screen.

Ok, you will see on the screen at the end of the message this "#" followed by a prompt.
    All you need to do is this:

press ( or enter in, however you wanna say it) : (IMPORTANT NOTE: there is a space in between the letters cd and /usr/bin ,,,, so make sure you press the "space" bar on the iphone keyboard when you enter the below text, in between the letters cd and /usr/bin . OK again,,,enter this & press return:

cd /usr/bin

If you look close you can see the space there....lol. What I wrote right above is exactly what you will type in, and then press return. The prompt key should now drop down one and allow you to enter in another command. Enter this below:

geounlock

What I wrote right above is exactly what you will type in, and then press return.

OK 1 OF 2 THINGS are either going to be happening now,,,,,,

(A) Your phone screen should be looking like its uploading stuff. Don't bother to read into the detail of what is loading,,,cause I read at one point words like "unable",,,"cant find",,,,but it still correctly loads the program. Let it load,,,,don't mess with it. At one point the loading text will stop going from bottom to top and just stop on the screen/display,,,thats ok,,,,,its still loading,,,let it continue. When it is done,,,,it will say something like "Your phone is now unlocked"....lol...no kidding,,,exactly those words......from your display....lol. You will also see a sentence after it saying something like it "cant" do something, or something that looks like an error to a novice,,,but its not,,,,,it ok,. don't worry. you are now good to go.

OK from here us a "paper clip" only and remove your sim.

heres a youtube video if your scared, on how to do it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKXgBP2oMfM"]YouTube - How to change the SIM Card on the Apple iPhone[/ame]

Put your NON ATT sim in and then you are going to reboot your phone, I had my iphone still connected still to my computer with the itunes program running when I rebooted. (not sure if it made any difference,,,just giving you exactly the environment I was in when the magic happened..lol)

Ok this is the scary part....lol. when my phone re-booted, it showed my new carrier T-mobile, but I didn't see any signal bars ,,just the digital name on the top of the phone. Then the screen said it didn't recognize the sim and told me to log onto itunes. Then the screen went into that dreaded emergency call display,,,,lol. I was starting to panic. I waited 2 minutes while logging onto itunes. I got a message on itunes saying it couldn't recognize my iphone. A default itunes error message screen im sure...lol.

OK I then rebooted my phone again, and waited 5 minutes, and when I moved the emergency call slider over,,,,,lol,,,,A HOME SCREEN CAME UP....lol. THERE IT WAS!!!! My previous jailbroken 1.1.3 screen. Somehow I think it takes alittle time for the unlock to fully work in, or I may have been just impatient,,,LOL. But it did. I made a phone call and it worked.....I have signal bars,,,all my apps are there.

Alright I know I said earlier you could get 1 of 2 things to happen, the other was:

(B) After you type in "geounlock" and press return,,,you get a error message on the iphone display from "Term-vt100", saying something to the effect , "server busy or socket is busy". This happened to me. What I did was I just re-entered in the same:

geounlock

as was written above and pressed return. I got the same "server busy or socket is busy" about 6 times, but kept re-entering the "geounlock". Finally it just went through and started loading,, as I have written above in block (A)

CONCLUSION: ok I have an unlocked 16 GB 1.1.3 iphone that was on ATT,,,now on T-Mobile USA...lol. I have a program on my iphone that gives me the specs for it. its called "baseband info" Its a cool program that finds out what your baseband and bootloader are on your current iphone is. (Add www.trejan.com/irepo to your source to get it)

Well I ran it after I did this unlock, and this is what it said:

MODEM FIRMWARE: 04.02.13_G
    BOOTLOADER VERSION: 4.6_M3S2

Thats for anyone thats just curious to know what I ended up with after this unlock. Seem no changes happened.

Ive tested the following apps and they work:

1. youtube
    2. SMS text
    3. phone calls (calling to and receiving)

OK have fun..latter
    Last edited by iphoneuser2008; 02-08-2008 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Edited typos,,spelling

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iphoneuser2008 For This Useful Post:

ARCHA1C (02-11-2008), Brotherman00 (02-08-2008), sbk (02-08-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

If I want to jailbreak should I follow the same process as 1.1.1?? I could not even jailbreak my phone...let me know if anyone knows a way to jailbreak and then unlock 1.1.3

FAK
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Now I can confirm that this method really works fine both with 1.1.2 OTB and 1.1.3 OTB!!!
    Thanx!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FAK For This Useful Post:

sbk (02-08-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

does anyone know if this "ultimate guide" will work if i dont use att to activate like use the *#307# thing and jailbreak it and activate it with that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hi after you have completed this on 1.0.2 how do you upgrade back to 1.1.2? do you just upgrade to 1.1.1 oktoprep and goto 1.1.2 and anysim it? thanx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck....need help
    Hi guys.

I have been following with great interest today's developments, and I can't wait to have my 16 gig iphone in a working mode.

As I understand it, in order to be able to unlock my iphone, i must first finish the jailbreak process. I went through this process as described in iClarified. But I can't seem to get past the 1.1.1 update.

Can someone please give me a tip what I am doing wrong?
    To clarify this is a brand new iphone, never activated with AT&T.

This where I am stuck:
    1. I updated the iphone with 1.1.1 via Itunes.
    2. I used iNdependece to get to the activate iphone screen (i get the no sim card installed message)
    3. When I am trying to dial the emergency number I get the unknown error message.....

What should I do?
    Last edited by iphonexxi; 02-08-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

w00t .... Werd of the year

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where can i see ur video?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are already in 1.1.2 jailbroken then just follow this website, took me 6 minutes all
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=649 directly from installer... the only bad thing is that i've lost the i3gsim i bought one week ago....