Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unhappy iPhone 3g User Suing Apple

Thanks

Good luck to that girl!!!!
    I hope she can break even after attorney fee.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking The Trouble With the Iphone
    I have had very good coverage with my first generation iphone. But I also have it unlocked with T-mobile. AT&T and I (as well as Apple) have had a number of run ins. It is difficult to beat the giants but try anyway. I had many years of threats by Apple to sue me because I wrote unauthorized software for their machines. I never was sued and I kept writting. I also took AT&T's MaBell to court and one a judgement against them. Too bad it wasn't a class action case.

Yesss! Let's just sue each other for EVERY tiny breach - OH, I walked into a door, THAT DOOR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE! I'M SUING SOMEBODY! People, get a life! The responsibilities in our lives are OURS. We can choose to be informed or choose to be stupid, make an uninformed mistake, and hope an attorney can get us a million dollars! I was hit head-on by an 18 year old kid on his birthday - fortunately, my passenger and I survived (it was a BMW) but I only wanted my hospital bills taken care of and my car replaced. My attorney tried to get me to go to various doctors to pad the settlement - you know, there was much more wrong with me than I knew! - Well 8 years later, I'm doing fine, I have no guilt about deception, and my attorney only made about $3K, and I would not have even called him if he weren't a friend (we no longer talk).
    Shakespeare said "First thing we do is kill all the lawyers!"

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Check this site out....... www.fixmy3giphone.com

Thanks

Ok guys, looking over most of this, it quite apparent that we all consider there to be issues with our devices of one kind or another. Now I agree, Apple NORMALLY is known for better quality products, but certainly over the years some have fallen short. The G4 Cube was an extremely poor design, but Apple just realized the mistake and moved on.

Lawsuits aren't necessarily the best course of action. Here's a thought though: if Apple is trying to create a way to fix the problem through software for a hardware issue, then this would be considered a manufacturer defect, would it not? Most companies have a policy that accepts returns or exchanges on manufacturer defects up to a certain period of time. Does Apple have any plans on replacing this chipset in the newer manufactured phones?

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

OK, Let's say I had a GREAT product I wanted to market! I give EVERYONE a 30 day money-back guarantee. If they all keep it after 30 days - OK. If not - my product would go away and I would be broke even though my marketing was awesome! America is no longer self-sufficient, we have come to rely on our own stupidity and the potential to get rich from it - not like the days of building your own company with 15 hour days and hard work! Yes, I own my own company, and work very hard! BUT - I could have a cushy life if I sued someone.............................IDIOTS!
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 08-21-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Good luck crack pot! Since when do companies or products ever deliver what they claim to?
    Hmm...

Quote: "Good luck crack pot! Since when do companies or products ever deliver what they claim to?" End Quote

Only the ones still in business and I'm sorry for your disillusionment with corporate America or even the regular business man down the street. Start your own business and strive to offer what you promise and quitcherbitchen'!
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 08-21-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Despite what it actually gets in the real word, the iPhone 3G has the *capability* to get speeds twice as fast as the previous model. This means even if the 3G only connects between 3 and 3:15am on Tuesdays that are also full moons, they still possess the ability to connect at those speeds. I'll be the first to admit that 3G coverage isn't everywhere but they didn't promise anything more. If you think that this is something new, check the box of your wireless router and then try to remember the last time you downloaded something at 54Mbps; I'll give you a hint, you never have.

Whenever you buy the first model of anything, you should be prepared to accept some hiccups and bugs, and a company like Apple will either come through and fix their mistake or have to face the fact that they just alienated all those millions they were so happy about a month ago. Frivolous lawsuits based on nothing more than someone with more money than brains isn't the way to force change.

If you don't get full 3G bars wherever you are all the time and that's a showstopper for you, then return the phone, and put your $200 or $300 and get a thoroughly tested 3G phone with a nice shiny wide touchscreen and 16Gb of space...oh wait...

i'm happy i decided to wait for the 3g. I love my 4 gig edge iphone at the moment. Just wait untill june/july next year, the iphone 4g will have crappy 4g signal, but amazing 3g signal.

who am i kidding, we aren't getting 4g for a longggg time. However, i knew it was good to wait , hopefully the next iphone will have a stronger chip

lol technically its not half the price, only one of them is. 200 is half of 400, but 300 is not half of 500!

Actually, those of you who say it's the coverage are wrong. Apple has in fact stated that the 3G phones are having troubles connecting to the 3G network as intended and they are supposedly working to correct this. In the meantime, they are still advertising that it is twice as fast etcetra, which it is not, because I don't even bother turning the 3G on anymore cuz it's ****. I seriously should have stuck with the first gen. The 3G sucks and no real GPS apps!!! What's the point? Her case is very legitimate and I hope it does goes class action because I want my money back or at least a working 3G phone for free. I shouldn't have to wait and pay these bills while they "fix it"!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maadhick View Post
    God bless America and the frivolous lawsuites! I'm pretty sure this will go nowhere. Apple's reply will probably consist of finger pointing to your carrier (AT&T in the US).
    That's to be expected of apple, but they're still to blame because the 3G is much slower than the 1st gen iphones. especially the SMS app. Maybe this girl should sue apple to make the iphone better instead of being greedy... (like add mms and video! lol)

Default Hahahaaaaaaaaa
    This'll teach apple for putting pay as you go schemes back so long ;-)
    i was gonna buy an original iphone but no pay as you go meant no trusting their contract so i went without.....now the NEW and IMPROVED iphone is out its been put back 6 months and its more like a spy phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I wish her luck, but she wont win. Apple is too big.

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I wish her luck, but she wont win. Apple is too big.
    LOL! Even if she did all that would happen is the law firm would get millions and the ppl in the suit would get a $10.00 coupon. That’s pretty much all that comes out of a “class action” suit

iPhone? More like MyPhone grimlock1's Avatar
    Thanks

Default About time
    Where do I sign I cannot tell you how much I spent to get this not so super not so fast 3G Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by clue View Post
    Apple is just going to say it's AT&T Coverage is poor
    Apple already said that the new iPhone had problems with this issue so they can't put it off on AT&T when they are currently trying to fix the issue with software.

shes not gonna win because apple is gonna point fingers at the carrier. then the carrier is gonna point fingers at the hardware.

pretty much like the case with gettin a refund from the app store

apple pointed finger to the app maker(nullsoft)

nullsofter in return pointed finger back to app store for hostin thier app

fail

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast