Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New QuickPwn for 2.0.2 [Windows] out PLUS WinPwn news!

man, i've read all the posts. anyone have instructions for updating from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1? i am unlocked, and i used the crazy method of using a custom FW that i downloaded from BT.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    man, i've read all the posts. anyone have instructions for updating from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1? i am unlocked, and i used the crazy method of using a custom FW that i downloaded from BT.
    Put your phone in DFU, shift + restore to 2.0.1 (Factory) and then you should be able to run quickpwn to 2.0.1

I just Quickpwned my iPhone successfully (by the way way better than 1.1.4) But when I tried to restore to my settings it just hung on the reboot logo. Should I sync before I Quickpwn or am I doing something wrong? Need Help Please!

By far the easiest upgrade I have ever done. Considering it was my first. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeplease View Post
    Phone details: Iphone 1st gen, 8GB, F/W:1.3 jailbroken and unlocked using zibri software.
    Here is what I have done: Backed up with itunes, upgraded to 2.0.2, used quickpwn for 2.0.2 and put the iPhone to DFU.
    Problem: My problem is that the quickpwn.exe stops responding after 'Performing operation 0, 100% done'. I do hear two-three beeps from my computer saying that the new DFU driver is being used for the iPhone USB. I donot say any 'pineapple' screen or anything like people have been mentioning.

I have tried many times on both XP and vista and have same problem.
    I have encountered exactly the same thing.
    Some say to unplug the phone and plug it in again when you get the 'Performing operation 0, 100% done', but that is rubbish, if I do that all I get is 'there was a problem recognizing your usb device'.

I've tried many times, always the same result.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wasn't 2.5 supposed to be released yesterday?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    Wasn't 2.5 supposed to be released yesterday?

I thought so too, Im still waiting over here. Ive used quickpwn a few times, and its really not as stable as creating a custom ipsw. (which is funny to say but its true!)
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-27-2008 at 07:31 PM.

hey is winpwn 2.5 out? I tried going to the website its not working.

does anybody know what going on with winpwn website??? I keep getting a 502 error when I try to load their page.
    Last edited by hackmyfone!!; 08-28-2008 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx View Post
    Im having a big problem here, I have the 16g and I have upgraded to 2.02. I pwned my phone yesterday and everything was working fine. Today I downloaded the coverflow application from cydia, I restarted my phone and now it wont go past the boot screen (little apple). I tried connecting it to my PC to restore but because it isnt booting all the way my computer doesnt recognize that its plugged in. So I cant restore it and I tried to re pwn it but that didnt work either. Any help would be GREAT at this moment, thanks..
    This has happened to me several times, I don't know what actually causes the problem but I do know you can still restore it using DFU mode, which it's interesting you don't know how to get to, but whatev, while your phone is in the boot mode/logo, hold down power and home key for 10 seconds then release the power key but keep holding the home key, for another 10-12 seconds (do all this while the phone is plugged into iTunes) your phone's screen will not turn on but iTunes will detect an "iPhone in recovery mode" and you should be able to recover from there.

**EDIT** lol almost forgot, I had a question of my own, I used to use a Windows Vista laptop for everything and it worked finely but it's broken right now so I'm using a Windows XP Professional desktop, and Winpwn WILL NOT RUN and it's pissing me off everytime I try to run it after installation it says "application was unable to execute properly" or some crap like that. I haven't tried restarting the comp, which should not have any effect on such a small program but I will in a few minutes just to be safe.

**UPDATE** it would appear that I was wrong about how to restore the iPhone, because for some reason just now when I tried that (yes, I got it stuck in boot mode again :P) it wouldn't restore it when I put it in DFU mode. But I put it regular recovery mode instead and it seems to be working. To put it in recovery mode, simply make sure it's off, then hold down the power and home buttons, and as soon as you see that it's booting, release the power button but keep holding the home button until it shows the recovery screen on your iPod, and iTunes will detect it. Remember to have it plugged in while you're doing this
    Last edited by Spider Monk; 09-01-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask a question, and correcting false information

I have my old iPhone 2g that I am giving to my friend who uses t-mobile. I upgraded to 2.0 on July 10th and haven't used it since I got the 3g on the 11th.

How can I go about unlocking and possibly upgrading to the latest firmware? Right now, my phone is stuck asking for my phone to connect to iTunes and to upgrade.... I heard that if I update to 2.0.2 I won't be able to unlock it for t-mobile. Help!

Thanks in advance,
    Duvi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont know if I am the only one who has asked this but when I DL the pwn, when I look in the folder, there is no .exe one for me to click to start the process, how is that possible?

Ok Im a lil bit worried about upgrading because Im kinda new to the whole iphone thing. I have a 2g iphone and I jailbroke and unlocked it using iliberty (1.1.4) Now, if I do this quickpwn thing for 2.0.2, do I have to unlock it and activate it again. Will be locked into ATT again after I jailbreak the firmware and everything? Ive been wondering this. Please help

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678