Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New QuickPwn for 2.0.2 [Windows] out PLUS WinPwn news!

Does all the features work in 2.0.2 like WiFi?

Last firmware barely anything worked and it was buggy...

I have used the iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore for my first gen iphone and seems to be working..thanks

Downloaded QuickPwn about five times and every single time I tried to launch it it said that there was an error launching the application
    What seems to be the problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by intel inside View Post
    please can any one post a link here i can download he latest ipod firmware so i can pwn the divice ...
    ived downloded the iphone 2.2 3g and iphone 2.2 2g firware but when i go and pwn it it says to get the ipod firmware
    pls anybody hellpppppp!!!!!!!!

post the link
    I'll throw you a bone. Connect your ipod to itunes. Check for an update. When it asks you if you want to download and install, just pick download only.

It will be stored in the location I posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by chavalozvi View Post
    Downloaded QuickPwn about five times and every single time I tried to launch it it said that there was an error launching the application
    What seems to be the problem?
    If your running parallels or boot camp, you need to make sure you have .net frameworks updated.
    Last edited by mgregor; 08-23-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    I'm reading all these problems is it really worth to quickpwn?

Currently using 1.1.4 ZiPhone 1st gen

-what version of installer does quickpwn have 4.0?
    -what apps are currently working?
    -is it also slower to load apps like mentioned before?
    -which is better ZiPhone 1.1.4 or quickpwn 2.0.2?
    -if I don't like quickpwn 2.0.2 is it difficult to go back to ZiPhone 1.1.4?

The apps are really no longer an issue... Infact there are more and more each day. plus they are safer and less bugs...

The apps load just as fast. i am not sure what people are doing but the speed is the same...
    I stayed on 1.1.4 myself until I resaerched all the bugs...(had some hands on because I upgraded numerous iPhones for friends...they were appreciative but little did they know they were my beta testers..lol) I ran 2.0.1 and it was a bit slower to open programs but not as bad a a windows based device... I have since upgraded to 2.0.2 and that seems to have fixed it a bit.
    The added software and bug fixes from 1.1.4 seems to be worth the upgrade. plus iTunes store is so much nicer than I originally thought... I have three iPhones and have synced all ofthem with one computer and all the software is the same on all of them (same iTunes account)

---Yes yes yes you can go back to 1.1.4 I did it three times... Some might say no and thats only because they do not understand "baseband" upgrade/downgrade" and they may not be following steps properly... I.E all the darn posts on error codes for the 2.0.1 upgrade... When in fact the did not follow simple instructions on "DFU" mode...

---Bottom line is only you will know if you like it or not. I can say that I was apprenhensive a first but once I seen the new pgrm I likes it. 2.0 sucked but 2.0.2 is ok...

Just my $.02 and hope this helps inn your decision...

D

apps take a while to open 4 me on 2.0.2.

That's my only complaint

Thanks "kuhndsn" but...

Now I know it might be a while until 1.1.4 installer apps are going to be updated for 2.0.2
    but does it at leats have?

-summer board
    -customize
    -wedict
    -islsk
    -boss prefs
    -mxtube
    -mobile finder
    -lyrics

these are mainly the apps I use!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Thanks "kuhndsn" but...

Now I know it might be a while until 1.1.4 installer apps are going to be updated for 2.0.2
    but does it at leats have?

-summer board
    -customize
    -wedict
    -islsk
    -boss prefs
    -mxtube
    -mobile finder
    -lyrics

these are mainly the apps I use!
    You will see that installer is useless. Cydia is an entirely much better install app and has much more sources and packages available. Installer has a cool new interface but has 20% of the apps Cydia has on it. I havent used intaller since I first saw the new version. Its kind of useless.

SummerBoard is now "WinterBoard" with many more features and useability
    And thanks to Mr. Meach on MMi we now have a stunning GUI called "WbApp" for winterboard. It is just awesome. In winterboard you can also apply theme sets downloaded or SSH'd via Customize.
    BossPrefs/BossTool are better than they ever used to be. more toggles and tweaks available.
    Lyrics for now I use TuneWiki
    MxTube is on there and better off.
    Customize is on there running decent a little buggy but overall gets the job done.
    More and more so on and so on.
    Remember, Developers and Hackers priorities are for porting the old apps and updating as well as creating new ones. Cydia is just awesome and you will agree when you get to playing with it....
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-23-2008 at 09:01 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

Question What are the benefits to 2.0.2?
    I have 2.0.1 jailbroken is there a benefit to upgrading to 2.0.2?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razorinthe60s View Post
    I have 2.0.1 jailbroken is there a benefit to upgrading to 2.0.2?

Yes my reception, connection speed (EDGE,WiFi), smooth scrolling, and keyboard lag have improved drastically. (ok well, enough to see a big difference) . Overall performance is much better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just finally got everything working.... was a long night... it may be only me with this problem, but just want to write this up so other people don't run into this..

1. update in itunes to 2.0.2 - locked phone
    2. quickpwn - still locked

this is where i got really bummed out...

3. so i winpwned back to 2.0.1 - baseband flash and everything -unlocked !
    4. itunes -> 2.0.2 (but this time on the windows)
    5. quickpwn

so this should be good right? no - for some reason my mac itunes didn't think it was a fresh install, and i couldn't get a restore.

6. so silly me what to i do? pressed restore.... (in itunes)
    7. took forever (i knew i did the wrong this at this point...)
    8. suddenly phone needs activation..
    9. back to quickpwn - activated!

10. silly me decides i still don't need to do a restore....
    11. but after i find out that all my pictures that were linked to my contacts were out of wack - decide i do need a restore
    12. install open ssh
    13. can't figure out the 'ssh -l root' from the console (from os x) - for those who couldn't figure it out... have to add the '-l root' to log in with the root password
    14. then go to the /var/mobile/Media and delete the iTunes_Control folder... (this time i remembered the 'rm -r'

(i think i am finally where i wanted to be... actually still synching)

so lesson for today.

a. if you didn't do the unlocking with a pwn tool, don't expect the itunes 2.0.2 update to work - it didn't for me.

b. don't think twice about restoring.... even if it takes a long time, do it, or regret it later

c. don't watch the olympics and do firmware updates... you're bound to screw up (but good thing USA won in basketball..)

but for now - looks like it was worth it...

Default "No Service" after upgrading 1G to 2.0.2
    I had a working 8GB original iPhone that has bee unlocked and jailboken since last July. Last night I used QuickPwn to upgrade from 1.4 to 2.0.2 and have some issues.

The process went smoothly and I can do everything after the upgrade except make calls. WiFi, Cydia, everything else works. It's unlocked but has "No Service" and doesn't show a carrier logo. Tried reinserting the SIM card, no dice. Tried some reboots, no dice.

Any ideas?

Nevermind, fixed it myself. I remembered BootNeuter and downloaded it from Cydia. Used it to both neuter my bootloader and unlock my baseband and now it works great.

Two Questions:

One - I'm still on v3.9 of the bootloaders. Is there any benefit in upgrading to 4.6?

Two - When I try and use YouTube I get an error saying "you must first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube", any suggestions?
    Last edited by weedenbc; 08-24-2008 at 09:58 AM.

has anyone come up with a way to keep cydia apps on the phone?
    i bought a license to intelliborn and i'm afraid that re-installing it from scratch will change the license number and waste my 5$

edit:
    found this:

If I restore my iPhone, will I need to purchase a new license?

No - Your license is tied to your iPhone serial # which never changes, regardless of restore/firmware.

for 5 bucks i guess i can try it
    Last edited by Dragon RR; 08-24-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question to all.
    I'm still running on 1.1.4 jailbroaken and unlocked with Ziphone. the question is if my iphone will work (fully) if I upgrade to 2.0.2 and winpwn it. I read a lot of posts and people complaining not to have signal or out of service, no you tube etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 2.0.2 3g iPhone jailbroken with QuickPWN
    Just finish jailbreak my iPhone 3g 2.0.2. (white 16gb). Everything seem the same, 3g, wifi, text, web,..... however a little buggee with some app. Maybe its the application itself and not the jailbroken firmware. Just follow the instructions from the first post. Its really easy. Thanks You, DevTeam and everyone else who post with their helps.

Im having a big problem here, I have the 16g and I have upgraded to 2.02. I pwned my phone yesterday and everything was working fine. Today I downloaded the coverflow application from cydia, I restarted my phone and now it wont go past the boot screen (little apple). I tried connecting it to my PC to restore but because it isnt booting all the way my computer doesnt recognize that its plugged in. So I cant restore it and I tried to re pwn it but that didnt work either. Any help would be GREAT at this moment, thanks..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herex View Post
    Question to all.
    I'm still running on 1.1.4 jailbroaken and unlocked with Ziphone. the question is if my iphone will work (fully) if I upgrade to 2.0.2 and winpwn it. I read a lot of posts and people complaining not to have signal or out of service, no you tube etc.
    Would advise:

1. using winpwn first on 2.0.1 to make a custom firmware
    2. DFU restore the firmware to wipe any remnants of Ziphone
    3. Use normal itunes update to 2.0.2 (will still be unlocked but not jailbroken)
    4. Use quickpwn to re-jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by weedenbc View Post
    One - I'm still on v3.9 of the bootloaders. Is there any benefit in upgrading to 4.6?

Two - When I try and use YouTube I get an error saying "you must first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube", any suggestions?
    No advantage upgrading the bootloader since the only function is to validate and load the firmware. So it really doesn't matter if it's 3.9 or 4.6. For the youtube issue have you tried simply tethering the phone, running itunes then connecting to youtube?
    Last edited by imode; 08-24-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedenbc View Post

Two Questions:

not sure about the bootloaders, but the youtube thing sounds like a patch that winpwn applies - i think there is a new version out today - i'd skip past the headaches and just get a fresh firmware installed.

(unless of course there is a youtube patch avail)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast