+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New QuickPwn for 2.0.2 [Windows] out PLUS WinPwn news!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I would also like to know how to change the boot logo. I tried what I thought was the new version that is supposed to allow this change and I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I would also like to know how to change the boot logo. I tried what I thought was the new version that is supposed to allow this change and I didn't see anywhere to input the logo file.

Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    If you search this thread there is a way to change your boot logos, and with this quickpwn version for 2.0.2 you get the pineapple loading screen and I am not sure what the restore looks like now, but i think its changed also.
    I've already searched and tried a lot of methods, I only got it to go back to the default white apple logo, not my own custom logos. if you have a successful guide somewhere, can you post the link?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhmmogh View Post
    I have a question , so I have a 2G 1.14 unlocked/jailbroken T-Mobile phone now. If I upgrade this way and use this will my 2.02 jailbroken iphone 2G still work with t-mobile ,so i would still get signal and such?? Thank you

Not only has this been posted just recently, even on this page I believe but it also states it in the original instructions!! If you cant read dont bother doing this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so is that a yes or a no?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    I would also like to know how to change the boot logo. I tried what I thought was the new version that is supposed to allow this change and I didn't see anywhere to input the logo file.

Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    If you search this thread there is a way to change your boot logos, and with this quickpwn version for 2.0.2 you get the pineapple loading screen and I am not sure what the restore looks like now, but i think its changed also.
    I've already searched and tried a lot of methods, I only got it to go back to the default white apple logo, not my own custom logos. if you have a successful guide somewhere, can you post the link?
    If you want to change the boot logos within the program you have to use winpwn or pwnage tools and it hasnt been released for building custom 2.0.2. I read in a couple threads about how to change the boot logos within Quickpwn in the .exe folder but I havent successfully been able to do it. Most things ive read is how to get the original apple loading screen back onto it, instead of the pineapple that Quickpwn gives you. Youll have to wait until Winpwn New Version is released to build a custom ispw for 2.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhmmogh View Post
    so is that a yes or a no?
    try reading about what you are doing start
    Here
    And Here
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-22-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

pospower (08-22-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Beta
    Last edited by bscott1504; 08-22-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: mistake

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well that was pretty simple for this 25 y/o blonde! Awesome.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why can i not find my 2.0.2 firmware ive searched and no luck (win xp) ive already upgraded my iphone to 2.0.2 so the firmware should be around

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ive never been able to track it down, if your windows search cant find it, just go to BigBoss's site and download it there. The file may be available here again, although it wasnt 2 days ago.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"3G users are not recommended to update till a new Pwnage Tool is out so they can disable baseband update"?

Does this mean don't use the latest Quickpwn if you already have a carrier set up with your iPhone?

Also is there no way to pull apps off your phone before you jailbreak? I'd like to update within iTunes to 2.0 and then jailbreak again, but losing all these neat apps sucks!!

And can someone direct me to the program used to view and add themes etc into your iPhone while using Windows XP? Is it iBrowser? Which is the best one?

Thanks guys! And DEV team rocks!!!
    Last edited by redwings; 08-22-2008 at 05:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeplaya22 View Post
    why can i not find my 2.0.2 firmware ive searched and no luck (win xp) ive already upgraded my iphone to 2.0.2 so the firmware should be around
    If you don't have hidden folders showing, search will ignore them. Go to CDocuments and Settings\\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

It should be there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swissy For This Useful Post:

dthomp22 (08-22-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swissy View Post
    If you don't have hidden folders showing, search will ignore them. Go to Cocuments and SettingsApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPod Software Updates

It should be there.
    thanked you

Green Apple
    Thanks

success !! after infinity hours of reading this whole thread, i'm finally on 2.0.2 unlocked and jailbroken on my 1G iphone !!

update: and this is what i get for gloating.... tried to install mivtones from cydia and my iphone just froze... tried a hard reset and it just stayed on the pineapple boot logo lol... restoring custom firmware now

earlier i used the 2.0.1 firmware with quickpwn, will try it with 2.0.2 this time and report on my findings
    Last edited by colmiak; 08-22-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: update

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I jailbroke my phone on 2.0.2 last night, but when I plug it into iTunes it says "Set up your iPhone" and I sync my previous information, but after it syncs, it just says "Set up your iPhone"! I've synced it three times, and it just says this, so I can't put music, ringtones, videos, or anything on it.. Help!

Thanks

where did you download the new firmware for ipod ???

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm reading all these problems is it really worth to quickpwn?

Currently using 1.1.4 ZiPhone 1st gen

-what version of installer does quickpwn have 4.0?
    -what apps are currently working?
    -is it also slower to load apps like mentioned before?
    -which is better ZiPhone 1.1.4 or quickpwn 2.0.2?
    -if I don't like quickpwn 2.0.2 is it difficult to go back to ZiPhone 1.1.4?

Thanks

please can any one post a link here i can download he latest ipod firmware so i can pwn the divice ...
    ived downloded the iphone 2.2 3g and iphone 2.2 2g firware but when i go and pwn it it says to get the ipod firmware
    pls anybody hellpppppp!!!!!!!!

post the link

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok heres that link Start Here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by breitlinglvr View Post
    Will QuickPwn unlock the phone as well as jailbreak? Also does it have installer? and one more.............. my 2G is running 1.1.4, do I update via itunes 2.0.2 or what should I do? I was perfectly fine with 1.1.4 then I saw Dynolicious!!
    if you have the old installer and you're still on 1.1.4 or anything earlier than that...i say DON'T CHANGE A THING! you have it the best it has ever been so far. most of the cool apps and tweaks i had before, i cant get back at all having upgraded. it SUCKS!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by butfuq View Post
    if you have the old installer and you're still on 1.1.4 or anything earlier than that...i say DON'T CHANGE A THING! you have it the best it has ever been so far. most of the cool apps and tweaks i had before, i cant get back at all having upgraded. it SUCKS!!!!
    Except for the 1000+ apps on the app store... better keyboard support, support for mail sync etc etc etc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Guys,
    Need urgent help.

Phone details: Iphone 1st gen, 8GB, F/W:1.3 jailbroken and unlocked using zibri software.
    Here is what I have done: Backed up with itunes, upgraded to 2.0.2, used quickpwn for 2.0.2 and put the iPhone to DFU.
    Problem: My problem is that the quickpwn.exe stops responding after 'Performing operation 0, 100% done'. I do hear two-three beeps from my computer saying that the new DFU driver is being used for the iPhone USB. I donot say any 'pineapple' screen or anything like people have been mentioning.

I have tried many times on both XP and vista and have same problem.
    What have I done wrong? Please help.. Thanks in Advance.