+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New QuickPwn for 2.0.2 [Windows] out PLUS WinPwn news!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ok so I guess the question is... how do I go about unlocking my 2.0.2 firmware phone?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok so I guess the question is... how do I go about unlocking my 2.0.2 firmware phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I"ve got a small problem. After using quickpwn now my wifi isn't working. I have a 2G iphone and was on winpwn'd 2.0.1. In Itunes I shift-updated to 2.0.2. Ran Quickpwn everything went fine phone works other than the wifi. I've reset the network settings and have ran quickpwn twice. Anyone have any idea what might have went wrong or what I might be able to do to fix it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i went on and upgraded to 2.0.2 and hacked it. my reception actually got better and the hack works great
    not mad at apple anymore

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is a quick recap of the steps to do this correctly, for those with previous JB and unlocked phones.

Ok first take your jailbroken phone put in DFU mode (with the phone on and plugged in, hold power and home for 9 -10 seconds, release power when the pc chimes and the phone screen goes black. keep holding home until the pc chimes again, could take 30 seconds) and shift + restore to downloaded 2.0.2 firmware.

Your phone should already be pwned to do this properly.
    Then it should still be receiving a signal ( unlocked) but not jailbroken. So you probably can only see the emergency screen.
    Open quickpwn and leave it plugged in
    follow the instructions when it says to turn off the phone, go ahead and turn it off, once its completely off press enter.
    start when it says, hold power for 5 seconds,
    then holding power, hold home as well for 10 seconds.
    release power and continue to hold home, dont release home until you hear the very last chime after the screen goes white and the pineapple shows up. Then when you hear the last (computer) chime, the pinwheel logo should pop up with the pineapple, go ahead and release home. Let it sit, and the pinwheel will go on for about 3 minutes give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post

As i just posted above you have to have a previously pwned phone to do the upgrade keeping it unlocked.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-22-2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone thebug3000's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok Gentlemen, and if they are any ladies here you too [wink]

I just updated to 2.0.2 which i believe had to be the easiest update ever, easier that doing custom firmware

I used my unlocked, activated and jailbroken 2.0.1 2g phone
    I fistly used iTunes to update, i didn't use the update from iTunes, i downloaded the 2.0.2 firmware from a link on the top of Page 2 in this thread for the 2g iPhone
    Hold down shift and selected the firmware
    it updated no glitches
    But it wasn't Jailbroken, it was still unlocked and activated i could use my phone normally, i even received a phone call
    then close all the apple related progs in task manager
    Then using quickpwn i just went through the steps
    and voila

Jailbroken, unlocked and still activated

The greatest thing is, nothing is missing, my contacts are still in tact music calender dates everything

only thing missing are the progs downloaded by cydia, that is understandable since it wasn't jailbroken after the update

I also had a problem with my wifi with 2.0.1 and now it is working perfectly

good luck to everyone

Oh i forgot to mention, 2.0.2 runs so smooth so nice, so sexy

Big ups to the dev team, you made my day BIG UP
    Last edited by thebug3000; 08-22-2008 at 07:13 AM.
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    If you search this thread there is a way to change your boot logos, and with this quickpwn version for 2.0.2 you get the pineapple loading screen and I am not sure what the restore looks like now, but i think its changed also.
    I've already searched and tried a lot of methods, I only got it to go back to the default white apple logo, not my own custom logos. if you have a successful guide somewhere, can you post the link?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just jailbroke my iPhone 3G and for some reason seems jailbreak process was completed successfully but when I go to installer I don't see many apps it installed sources and all

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    If you guys are having trouble restoring to the factory 2.0.2 Try downloading it from BigBoss, and put your phone into DFU then shift + restore. works like a charm. It appears to hang on preparing software but no fear, it takes about 10 minutes to restore.

As for the folks who arent sure when to release the home key while using quickpwn, i waited till the pc chimed; seemed longer than 30 seconds, but i waited till then. The process completed 100% but sat for a while, I still held way past that. Its working on both phones flawlessly now.

Edit: Remember, even though you are going up to 2.0.2 you still have to load the 2.0.1 factory firmware in quickpwn to do it.

I got this from my iTunes, " An unknown error occured 1403"
    I download 2.0.2 firmware 2g from bigboss but still can't restore when i put my phone to DFU mode.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Last edited by dontmakemehurtu; 01-26-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: deleted post

Thanks

If I'm already on 2.0.1 jailbroken, can I use this to just add custom boot logos?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TW1ZTD View Post
    I"ve got a small problem. After using quickpwn now my wifi isn't working. I have a 2G iphone and was on winpwn'd 2.0.1. In Itunes I shift-updated to 2.0.2. Ran Quickpwn everything went fine phone works other than the wifi. I've reset the network settings and have ran quickpwn twice. Anyone have any idea what might have went wrong or what I might be able to do to fix it?
    A little more info to help you...
    --can you see the networks?
    -- What type of network are you trying to connect to? ADHOC?
    ---If so you will need to connect to a WIFI net first... (yes adhoc is wifi but not a true wifi...)

--Is your Wifi enable buttone grayed out?
    ---If this is the case you will need to re-pwn and install...

D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where can I download the 2.0.2 FW for the iPod touch? I need it so I can jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi all...I am seeing a lot of people talk about 2g or 3g has anyone who has the 1g and on Tmo tried this yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    A little more info to help you...
    --can you see the networks?
    -- What type of network are you trying to connect to? ADHOC?
    ---If so you will need to connect to a WIFI net first... (yes adhoc is wifi but not a true wifi...)

--Is your Wifi enable buttone grayed out?
    ---If this is the case you will need to re-pwn and install...

D
    The phone has no problem finding my wifi network. Actually it picks up my neighbors network too. It shows the IP address and everything. So it can find it but it's like it's just not using it. I've updated to 2.0.2 twice and re-pwned and it still does the same thing.
    Is it possible to restore back to 2.0.2 and than pwn the phone or will that not work?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

1g and 2g are the same phone... no hardware upgrades except the memory... Yes it works... fine... Infact everything you see in these forums regarding the iphone that talks agout 2g will work on the 1st gen that shipped with 1.0 firmware...

Hope this helps...

D

Try this... I am assuming that you had a previous pwnd version of 2.0.1 before you went to 2.0.2. If this is the case open winpwn and follow the steps leaveing out pwning the 2.0.1 ipsw file. (if you still have the copy if not re-pwn the 2.0.1.ipsw file....) Once you get the "itunes has been pwned, put your phone in DFU mode and restore in itunes---Hold shift and find your pwnd ipsw file. whala you are done. Now ensure everything works...

Step 2--- REBOOT your computer!!! lets it completely shut down and then restart (hey its windows :-))
    No follow the steps for 2.0.2 upgrade and this should work...

***Make sure you connect to a wifi network on 2.0.1 firmware before you upgrade...

Thanks if I helped... If not... well thank me anyway I hate typing...LMAO...

Hit me back if this didnt work...

D

Try this... I am assuming that you had a previous pwnd version of 2.0.1 before you went to 2.0.2. If this is the case open winpwn and follow the steps leaveing out pwning the 2.0.1 ipsw file. (if you still have the copy if not re-pwn the 2.0.1.ipsw file....) Once you get the "itunes has been pwned, put your phone in DFU mode and restore in itunes---Hold shift and find your pwnd ipsw file. whala you are done. Now ensure everything works...

Step 2--- REBOOT your computer!!! lets it completely shut down and then restart (hey its windows :-))
    No follow the steps for 2.0.2 upgrade and this should work...

***Make sure you connect to a wifi network on 2.0.1 firmware before you upgrade...

Thanks if I helped... If not... well thank me anyway I hate typing...LMAO...

Hit me back if this didnt work...

D
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 08-22-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

finally got my wifi to work. Just took having to restore and reset all of my network settings.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Worked like a charm!!!!!

CeS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im still getting that you tube need to connect to itunes with a internet connection.
    i used gui version and im on a 2.0.2 2g all works fine except that. any idea on what i can do to fix this . i am on tmobile. ive search everywhere and i found no fix for this. please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A re-post from a different thread:

I must say, for the Touch, this is the best way to go. If you want a quick and elegant 2.0.2 JB, this is great.

Thank you Dev Team and Poorlad!
    Last edited by swissy; 08-22-2008 at 12:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a question , so I have a 2G 1.14 unlocked/jailbroken T-Mobile phone now. If I upgrade this way and use this will my 2.02 jailbroken iphone 2G still work with t-mobile ,so i would still get signal and such?? Thank you

+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast