+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: Add your Hotmail a/c in Maill app

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by petezoom sorry I dont get the "Now turn on the ATT SMTP feature" can you explain me please I still cant send mail from the hotmail account
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petezoom View Post
    sorry I dont get the "Now turn on the ATT SMTP feature"

can you explain me please

I still cant send mail from the hotmail account

regards
    Touch "settings", then touch "mail, contacts, calendars", then touch your newly created MSN or Hotmail account, now just touch the section under "Outgoing Mail Server" titled "SMTP".....see attached picture. At this point all you need to do is turn the AT&T SMTP Server to "On"

You should now be able to send mail from this account through the ATT server. When someone receives an email, it will show in the from, the email address assigned to this account, which will be your MSN or Hotmail account email address.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How To: Add your Hotmail a/c in Maill app-photo.jpg  

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Has the glitch been fixed yet?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I do not have the ATT SMTP settings so... I cant send email through this. Can someone help me with what to do? lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I do not have the ATT SMTP settings so... I cant send email through this. Can someone help me with what to do? lol.
    Follow my directions above. I also have a Gmail account set up on my phone, and where I specify that you will see the ATT account, I also have a SMTP.gmail.Server. You can turn that on too.

Just set up a Gmail or Yahoo account, or check to see if your broadband company has a POP address, and you can probably use that account too.

If you read at the bottom of the SMTP section on your iPhone, it states that "if mail is (sent) unsuccessful using the primary server, it will try the other SMTP servers in succession. Th ky is to have more than one turned on.

Thanks
    Here's an even easier solution. Create yourself a Gmail or Yahoo account and forward all your msn email to it. Hotmail on Iphone. Works like a champ.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palmmedicine View Post
    keep getting:
    -sh: ssh: command not found
    when entering:ssh localhost -1 root
    What am I doing wrong?
    i think its -l so its a lowercase L not 1

Now there's a bossprefs add-on in Cydia. Just download it and you should be connected 24/7.
    Last edited by swn23; 08-27-2008 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there a reason why I'm getting my yahoo email 3 hours late?? Should I do something is the settings?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dray View Post
    Here's an even easier solution. Create yourself a Gmail or Yahoo account and forward all your msn email to it. Hotmail on Iphone. Works like a champ.

That would help but Hotmail doesnt seem to let you forward your mail unless its a domain email now... Please tell me Im wrong though coz this isnt working for me..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franstedja View Post
    mine works, but how come it only shows my old messages only, i didn't show my recent messages, anyone face the same situation ? Thanks in advance
    I also only get the oldest messages. What is wrong? I must be stupid.....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halvguden View Post
    I also only get the oldest messages. What is wrong? I must be stupid.....
    Its happening to me too... I dont recieve any new messages.

Thanks

The best way to get hotmail on your iPhone is to create a googlemail account, to forward email from hotmail you have to sign up for mobile hotmail. its supposed to cost but you can opt out of all of that.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dude we're all cheap, nobody wants to spend money

Thanks

exactly, just opt out of all the mobile alerts and its totally free
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Finally have my emails on my iphone, had to use the mobile msn trick to forward my mail but so glad to finally have it working. found this tutorial which was helpful:

Here's the guide:

------------------------

I searched the web for a good easy & free way to get hotmail on my iPhone... tried IzyMail but in the end that wasnt free either... so this is what I found & its working even with the FREE hotmail account.

Basically this work around enables you to forward your emails from a non-premium hotmail account to any email address.

PLEASE NOTE: this trick does involve a minor cost of 20p GBP (depending on your network, i am on T-mobile UK) if the instructions are followed precisely. It does not cost any more than that. I am not responsible for any additional costs that you might incur in the unlikely even that you werent able to follow the steps as illustrated below.

This is how it works:
    1. Go to your hotmail inbox and click on "Options" and then "More Options"
    2. Click on "Mobile Alerts for new messages".
    3. Click on Sign up for Windows Live Mobile - it's free and easy!
    4. Select your service provider
    5. Enter your mobile number
    6. Finish the rest of the sign-up process. Don't check the boxes for Hotmail alerts and MSN alerts!
    7. In the sign-up settings specify to NOT receive any SMS alerts for Hotmail messages. Leave the other settings to stay as specified in your Hotmail account.
    8. Finish the subscription. You'll now receive an activation SMS with a 4 digit code. Enter this code on the activation page. This is the only sms you'll receive and pay through your mobile carrier.
    9. After the subscription visit your Hotmail account with your web browser. Now go to "options"=>"more options".
    10. In the section "Customize your mail" go to option "mobile alerts for new messages" and make sure the option "None. Never send me mobile alerts" is selected. You will never receive any alert sms by setting this option so you will stay free of charges! Press save.
    11. In the section "Manage your account" visit "Forward mail to another e-mail account".
    12. Fill in any e-mail address you want you Hotmail to be forwarded to, for instance your Gmail account. Press save and confirm the setting by clicking the link in the e-mail that has been sent to your Gmail account. The setting has now been accepted by Hotmail!
    14. Go to Gmail. Click on Settings, go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    15. Enable IMAP. Save the changes.
    16. Click Settings and then Accounts, Select "Add another email address". Enter your hotmail address here.
    18. Your hotmail address should now show up just above the line. Select the hotmail address as "Make default".
    19. Make sure in the option "When I receive a message sent to one of my addresses" has "Always reply from my default address (currently youremailaddress@hotmail.c[email protected]" is selected.
    20. Now go to Hotmail. In your inbox, there should be a message from Gmail; you need to click on a link in that message.

Job done !

All you now go to do is go to your iPhone's default mail handler & setup the google account that you have used in the above process.

With this solution in place:

* Email people send to your Hotmail address will be visible on your iPhone in the built-in iPhone Mail software.
    * If you reply to a message on the iPhone or in Gmail, to your recipients it will look like it came from your Hotmail address.
    * You can still check mail using Hotmail on the web if you like.
    * You can also log into Gmail and see your Hotmail messages there.
    * An added bonus is that you will benefit from Gmail's junk mail filter, which is excellent.
    * Since Gmail supports IMAP, the iPhone and the Gmail mailbox is synced nicely as you read, delete and filter messages.

original source at HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - iPhone 3G Hotmail - Using MSN Mobile Alerts signup to enable forwarding to gmail

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peachy997 For This Useful Post:

soopersingh (08-30-2008), tallshorty (08-31-2008)

Thanks

Or... get service that has native IMAP support.

Thanks

I did what peachy said but opted out of send alerts and it din't cost me anything
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

Any solution for 1.1.4?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why am I only getting old mail and not my new email?
    Does anyone have an answer to that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

I always get
    -sh: ssh: command not found

Quote Originally Posted by swn23 View Post
    i think its -l so its a lowercase L not 1

Now there's a bossprefs add-on in Cydia. Just download it and you should be connected 24/7.
    it doesn't work
    even with the bossprefs add-on
    Last edited by r1994augusto; 08-30-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this method (localhost) is not working with the 2.0.2 firmeware, it says that the command
    Was not found.
    What can I do?

this method (localhost) is not working with the 2.0.2 firmeware, it says that the command
    Was not found.
    What can I do?
    Last edited by cparzianello; 08-30-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost