Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]

Thanks

Default QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]
    Just yesterday, we all saw the release of QuickPwn and now it seems that the DevTeam has been working really fast these days.

According to their latest blogpost, they have released a new version of QuickPwn with GUI (with help of poorlad).

If you don't know, then QuickPwn is a quicker and easier way to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod Touch as compared to pwnage if you don't want a custom fimware.

According to them, a cross platform GUI is also in works and should be out soon. Also, this version fixes the problems with iPod Touch users.

A final cross platform GUI for QuickPwn is also being developed, but this version should help some of you guys and gals right now.
    This version fixes some issues that were reported with the iPod touch.
    Finally, this is just a public beta, so use at your own risk. Also, there are no updates yet on the 3G unlocking scenario.

DevTeam Download Mirror | MMi Member Download

[DevTeam Blog]

edit:

ModMyI member mfleigle has discovered that QuickPwn, just released today for Windows, actually works for the 2.0.2 Firmware that was also released today. Here is mfeigle's original post:
    My steps:
    Upgrade to 2.0.2 in iTunes
    Download quickpwn
    Extract quickpwn and place 2.0.1 IPSW in it. ( I have been told that 2.0.2 IPSW works also, but I havent confirmed it.)
    Follow quickpwns steps
    And voila!
    This has been confirmed by other users and is reported to work on the Original iPhone and the iPhone 3G. No word on the iPod touch yet.

Original Thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -gui.png  
    Last edited by sayam; 08-19-2008 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks

That's pretty fast, I wrote the article just 5 minutes ado and now it is on the main page!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

has anybody successfully used this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sukar View Post
    has anybody successfully used this yet?
    i used the non-gui one. faced some problems, but successfully 2.01 my Iphone 2G. just make sure to leave Itunes on during QuickPWN

this work with 2.0.2?

Thanks

It looks like it does, will a few other treads on the board confirming it.

Thanks
    looks really good there working real fast keep up the good work guys

Yes it does. Be sure you are pwned with a 2.0 or 2.0.1 firmware and after UPDATING to 2.0.2, use quickpwn with your original 2.0.1 firmware and it will work. The GUI updates the option to have installer, but at this point it is pretty much useless. CYDIA ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by mod_monkey View Post
    i used the non-gui one. faced some problems, but successfully 2.01 my Iphone 2G. just make sure to leave Itunes on during QuickPWN
    DO NOT LEAVE iTunes on during quickpwn! I don't know why people post such erroneous info!
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 08-19-2008 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The update includes the option to install INSTALLER?

NOT the iTunes update, the quickpwn GUI update! And yes, it does.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm reading from my iPhone and not sure if I should get up and check it out. I got Cydia buy I'd like to try Installer. Specially since I'll be working 12 hours today and tommorow and I'll need something to play with.

Sweet beans! Now for a late night snack to serve me through my late night...
    Last edited by maaalmaguer; 08-19-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

quickpwn GUI image:
    http://bimmerboard.com/members/leers...l/quickpwn.JPG

Be sure, on Windows, with quickpwn, you close iTunes, go into taskmanager and kill iPodService and all apple services.
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 08-19-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mbaharvard For This Useful Post:

fastcharlie (08-21-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by mbaharvard View Post

DO NOT LEAVE iTunes on during quickpwn! I don't know why people post such erroneous info!
    did u actually try it? because i did both and i got an error with itunes close. it hang on the pineapple. with ITUNES ON. the quickpwn worked
    here from BIGBOSS himself.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mod_monkey For This Useful Post:

fastcharlie (08-21-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmm...this is the first time the dev comes out with a Windows version first....i guess i'll wait a little....hope mac version would come out soon.

I disabled iTunes and all relevant apple services during quickpwn on BOTH of my iPhones. Same way, same proper result. Now running 2.0.2 on both with Cydia and Installer and all of the relative apps thereof.

I read the BigBoss thread and many people were having problems - probably because they did not kill the apple and iTunes apps before quickpwn'ing. I reiterate, I have done this on both of my iPhones, pwned at 2.0, restored to 2.0.1 with pwn'ed firmware and UPDATED to 2.0.2 and then quickpwn'ed. One with the original and one with the GUI.
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 08-19-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mbaharvard View Post
    I disabled iTunes and all relevant apple services during quickpwn on BOTH of my iPhones. Same way, same proper result. Now running 2.0.2 on both with Cydia and Installer and all of the relative apps thereof.

I read the BigBoss thread and many people were having problems - probably because they did not kill the apple and iTunes apps before quickpwn'ing. I reiterate, I have done this on both of my iPhones, pwned at 2.0, restored to 2.0.1 with pwn'ed firmware and UPDATED to 2.0.2 and then quickpwn'ed. One with the original and one with the GUI.
    Is it unlocked ?

So let me get this straight, according to mbaharvard (2 posts above me) this DOES work on the new Apple update 2.02?

UPDATE: I JUST installed this on 2.02! When it asks to copy the back up file into the binary i copied the 2.01 and it WORKS FINE!!!! Installer is COMPLETELY useless and doesnt have a single application so do not bother downloading it. I just downloaded it so ill keep you updated if I run into any bugs.
    Last edited by Reket; 08-19-2008 at 04:15 AM.

will this work from a 1.1.4 iphone 2g?

Thanks

@ Reket, why don't you add some sources into Installer, refresh and you should be up and running

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast