Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]

but can 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 be unlocked?

I'm in no way a noob to hacking the iPhone in any way, just a noob to this site. But my solution for ALL of you having problems is to stay on 2.0.1 till they officialy confirm jailbreaking 2.0.2 since how it's being done now will prob cause problems in future and just use winpawn for 2.0.1 to do everything since the layout is much more noob friendly with a quick YouTube video to follow directions from a 12 year old kid who knows more than some of you and this forum will stay free of the same $@!* questions and we all can have less headaches than reading 12 pages of bs when instead the same question is ask 5000000 times and already answered but was skipped up and asked again!!!!!! Please do this and we all can have a much better week since it's only been taking a couple days for the Dev Team to update for new firmwares!!! Please be more patient since I know over half of you had your mom and dad by the d@*# phone in the first place!! Sorry to all offended(kinda) but I feel much better getting that out into the air
    Last edited by RByers; 08-21-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Just wondering.. has a mac version of Quickpwn been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by atrain View Post
    Just wondering.. has a mac version of Quickpwn been released yet?
    No. Haven`t seen anything about it in the Web or specially on Dev Teams Page.

I successfully jailbreaked my 3G (2.0.2) with the Windowsversion... Everything is running fine

I got QuickPwn to work..... but will say that the DFU instructions are not what they are cracked up to be. When you get to the "Release the Power Button and Hold the Home button for 30 seconds" step, it counts off about 7 seconds and then starts to update. But never gets to the 0 second. And is confusing on when you should release the home key... Do you release when it starts to update? will it ever show you the rest of the count down? or truley after 30 seconds?

I too had issues with getting all of the QuickPwn software to load. It took several times with the "hold Home" only step to get it right. Finally, I got Cydia to install after several repeated trys. So, in summary, it does work just as the first post's instructions states. But the final "30 second" count down step may need some clarification.

I get QuickPwn-GUI.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminate the application.

What gives?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedemonV12 View Post
    i want mac Version!!
    Strange seeing that posted.....

This is almost like waking up in the Twilight Zone with the Windows versions coming out before the Mac.

I'm sure it'll be out soon for you guys.

Or you could buy a PC Sorry I had too

Quote Originally Posted by revroy View Post
    I get QuickPwn-GUI.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminate the application.

What gives?
    I also got that. The fix is to download the latest .NET Framework v3.5

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Community (NetFx3)

Quote Originally Posted by speedemonV12 View Post
    i want mac Version!!
    I successfully did this on my mac using Parallels.

The important thing to do though is to kill the iTunes Helper on the mac side using /Application/Utilities/Activity Monitor.

If you don't, iTunes on the mac side will kick in as soon as Quickpwn tries to do its thing and you'll have to start over again.

But it works!!!!
    Last edited by jrentzke; 08-21-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dont need to this this anymore...

official jailbreak is out

www.iphone3g-mods.com : GUIDE for Dev's 2.0.2 Jailbreak

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cadsii For This Useful Post:

fastcharlie (08-21-2008)

uhm, your link shows using quickpwn - that's what this thread is about...

Thanks
    Hi guys,

reading through the posts here and at the dev team blog, I *think* I almost figured out what will happen if I use this tool, but I'd like someone who already knows best to give me an answer to a question. Right now, I have a 2G already pwned and neutered (using a different carrier than the original one) with pwnage tool for v2.02 (the version that came out a week ago).

Question:
    - as far as 2G phones go, this iTunes 2.02 update doesn't touch the baseband? If the phone is already unlocked (via pwn tool) to any network, this 2.02 update doesn't mess with that?
    - If the answer to the above question is "yes", then I believe I fully understand what's going on and will update since quickpwn with give me back the jailbreak and activate the phone.

I hope my doubt is clear and that someone can answer it.

Oh, one final question:
    - after upgrading to 2.02 and running quickpwn, since the iphone is jailbroken, all 3rd party apps will (in theory) run ok, right?

Thanks in advance and thanks once again to the dev team!
    Last edited by fastcharlie; 08-21-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastcharlie View Post
    Hi guys,

reading through the posts here and at the dev team blog, I *think* I almost figured out what will happen if I use this tool, but I'd like someone who already knows best to give me an answer to a question. Right now, I have a 2G already pwned and neutered (using a different carrier than the original one) with pwnage tool for v2_01.

Question:
    - as far as 2G phones go, this iTunes 2.02 update doesn't touch the baseband? If the phone is already unlocked (via pwn tool) to any network, this 2.02 update doesn't mess with that?
    - If the answer to the above question is "yes", then I believe I fully understand what's going on and will update since quickpwn with give me back the jailbreak and activate the phone.

I hope my doubt is clear and that someone can answer it.

Oh, one final question:
    - after upgrading to 2.02 and running quickpwn, since the iphone is jailbroken, all 3rd party apps will (in theory) run ok, right?

Thanks in advance and thanks once again to the dev team!
    If you read it correctly then you would understand the implications. But here it is again:

Using QuickPwn does not update the firmware itself, this tool is designed to ‘Pwn’ (the ability to install future custom non-Apple firmwares) , ‘Jailbreak’ and install Installer or Cydia on a given device. If your device is running 2.0.1 and you QuickPwn it, it’ll still be running 2.0.1, although it will now be Pwned and Jailbroken, similarly if your device is running 2.0.2 and you QuickPwn it, it will then be running 2.0.2 but the device will now be Pwned and Jailbroken. It will also activate (not unlock) devices that are being used outside of their intended territories and cannot be activated using iTunes.

If you want to update to 2.0.2 then use the normal iTunes update to get to 2.0.2 and then use QuickPwn to Pwn, Jailbreak and Activate, remember that the 2.0.2 update includes a baseband update for the 3G iPhone, so depending what your long term intentions are for the phone, update wisely, of course in the upcoming PwnageTool application you’ll be able to create a custom ipsw without the baseband update enabled.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kurrupt_1 For This Useful Post:

fastcharlie (08-21-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    I also got that. The fix is to download the latest .NET Framework v3.5

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Community (NetFx3)

I successfully did this on my mac using Parallels.

The important thing to do though is to kill the iTunes Helper on the mac side using /Application/Utilities/Activity Monitor.

If you don't, iTunes on the mac side will kick in as soon as Quickpwn tries to do its thing and you'll have to start over again.

But it works!!!!
    thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kurrupt_1 View Post
    If you want to update to 2.0.2 then use the normal iTunes update to get to 2.0.2 and then use QuickPwn to Pwn, Jailbreak and Activate, remember that the 2.0.2 update includes a baseband update for the 3G iPhone, so depending what your long term intentions are for the phone, update wisely, of course in the upcoming PwnageTool application you’ll be able to create a custom ipsw without the baseband update enabled.
    I admit that with english not being my native language, sometimes its hard to fully understand some stuff, but I'll try harder

Back on subject:
    I did read what you included in your post, but when it states that the "2.0.2 update includes a baseband update for the 3G", does that mean it doesn't include a baseband update for the 2G phone? (so it would not touch the network unlock work that bootneuter already applied to my phone)

If so, it means I can simply apply the itunes update, quickpwn and I'll have the phone still unlocked, activated and jailbroken and with 2.02 running?

(my main concern - because of the technical terms - is to ensure I don't end up with a phone locked again to O2 when my network is a portuguese one).

Thanks for your help

i did my 3G..this works great. upgraded to the 2.0.2 then quikpwned with 2.0.1 and it works great
    16gb white 3G iphone jailbroken on 2.0.2

19. The Following User Says Thank You to stunna2095 For This Useful Post:

fastcharlie (08-21-2008)

You know that the iPhone has been permently hacked?
    Every new firmware that comes out will be able to be jailbroken.
    The PWNAGETOOL and QUICKPWN use a hack at the hardware level.
    So the only way to stop it is by making a new iPhone model and revision of the hardware or device software firmware drivers.
    So pretty much we will be able to jailbreak 2.0.3 2.0.4 2.5 3.0.0 3.0.1 ALL FUTURE FIRMWARES.
    Though phone unlocks could be hard to unlock.
    See all the trouble with the 3G?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stunna2095 View Post
    i did my 3G..this works great. upgraded to the 2.0.2 then quikpwned with 2.0.1 and it works great
    And are you using a different carrier than the one originally associated with your iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by fastcharlie View Post
    I admit that with english not being my native language, sometimes its hard to fully understand some stuff, but I'll try harder

Back on subject:
    I did read what you included in your post, but when it states that the "2.0.2 update includes a baseband update for the 3G", does that mean it doesn't include a baseband update for the 2G phone? (so it would not touch the network unlock work that bootneuter already applied to my phone)

If so, it means I can simply apply the itunes update, quickpwn and I'll have the phone still unlocked, activated and jailbroken and with 2.02 running?

(my main concern - because of the technical terms - is to ensure I don't end up with a phone locked again to O2 when my network is a portuguese one).

Thanks for your help
    I have my phone on T-Mobile's network and upgraded to 2.0.2 and it is still unlocked.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to kurrupt_1 For This Useful Post:

fastcharlie (08-21-2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kurrupt_1 View Post
    I have my phone on T-Mobile's network and upgraded to 2.0.2 and it is still unlocked.
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear Thanks a lot for your comments and help on this

Just updated, no problems whatsoever Everything is running smoothly!

Thanks again.
    Last edited by fastcharlie; 08-21-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast